I currently have a turbo prelude...car is a fucking rocket. the problem is that its fwd...

I currently have a turbo prelude...car is a fucking rocket. the problem is that its fwd, and even though its fast and holds traction due to my running boost by gear, im really thinking about parking it and moving onto something rwd with some history that you dont see everyday.

In my mind theres 2 options.... a 240/260/280z with an RB swap or an LS swapped FC rx7. Id prefer the rx7. The problem is that they all look like absolute dog shit until you see one that was done right and has a tasteful look to it, not something a mexicano did in his barn.

pic related is what im going for. the question is, where the fuck do you find this lip kit and whatever else he has done to this car? Ive been looking around online and cant find it anywhere. If anyone knows, let me know and youll sleep well knowing an old, dying rx7 will end up with a competent mechanic that will bring it back to glory.

pls halp. ill end with a 260z thats local to me if i cant find something out soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_XRi8BQ6LNA
youtu.be/WXeBHg2PqEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't be a faggot of you want an ls car get a cheap corvette

>RX7

well yours is going to look like absolute dog shit and be tasteless as well while sounding like garbage

cliche swap

>S30

pretty cliche as well not unique but at least it wont be complete shit

are you mentally disabled? if i wanted a corvette, id go buy one. i want an rx7 that has balls. you obviously dont have a history of heavily modifying cars....there is no fucking way im going to spend the money to push mad power out of a gutless 1980's engine. Whether its an LS swap or something else, its happening. I have enough old JDM cars at my house right that have the original engines, and thats fine because i dont plan on pushing power through them.

nah, the whole point of this post is to avoid that. Ive built enough cars in my life to know not to even get started on the path unless the plan is clear. these cars a beautiful and a blast from the past if done right. I just need to know where everyone is getting these sexy ass lip kits. OEM cars are lacking.

>>here is no fucking way im going to spend the money to push mad power out of a gutless 1980's engine
>so ill waste time on an engine based on a 50s design and be slower while spending more

?

are you trying to tell me the stock engine in these cars is more potent and cheaper to push 500+whp than swapping an LS? GTFO

Op just got dicked on LMAO

>LS swapped FC rx7

THIS. DO THIS.

IGNORE ALL WEABOOS.
Please record yourself burning the Rotatory engine while Free Bird plays in the background.

I will if i can get the body to look similar to the fc in the op. That's the only thing stopping me.

yeah spending $10k for less than 300whp is worse than rebuilding and boosting a 13b to 500whp

>Tfw op's autistic screeching about muh veeyate has attracted the b8fag from the other rx7 ls thread
>now they'll just shriek in unison

I made a similar thread. I also plan on LS Swapping an FC RX-7, except I am in Europe and I will probably end up swapping for a Jaguar S type engine or something alike.
-

Continue being awesome, and good luck with the project.

dude wtf are you talking about? in what world would i spend 10 grand!?!?!?!? you guys dont work on shit yourself and dont realize how cheap it is to do this kind of shit. I guarantee id be 3k all in on getting the drivetrain in and running. shit i might even do it cheaper than that. wake up dude.

Isn't it great? I am having the time of my life. Also I am not baiting, I am genuinely buying an FC soon and doing the swap later on.

cool

youre going to build a hacked together piece of shit worthy of no respect thats still slower than what the original engine would be

The real one you stupid ape.

>slower than what the original engine would be

The level of delusion, astonishing.

ill check out that thread, im sure its a shit storm. all these dudes being protective over a car that theyll never own or know how to work on. I have 3 cars right now over 400whp and im experienced enough to know not to try and build a dependable, nasty engine out of a 30 year old 13b. have you found where people are getting these sick nasty lip/light body kits?

truly, truly astonishing. 1+1=5 on Veeky Forums

just shows the amount of people here who actually build shit and know what theyre doing.

yeah this is another retard who probably isnt even old enough to drive or clearly has no idea how much swapping in these shitty engines actually cost

You clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about if you're considering swapping a jaguar s type 4.0 liter v8 into literally anything. OK confirmed underaged civic owner with AutoZone hubcaps and a salt life sticker
Fucking sage this b8 Jesus Christ

>ill check out that thread, im sure its a shit storm

It sure is, bring some popcorn.

>have you found where people are getting these sick nasty lip/light body kits?

No idea, pal. Figure you guys over in the US must have more aftermarket than EU.

i have no words for this. please price out this 10k LS swap. show me. i have to see this shit. its absolute dogshit cheap to LS swap damn near ANYTHING thats rwd,

still cheaper to have the original engine make more power too

LS swap is just what you do when you dont like cars and have no knowledge of them

You are right, a classic like the RX-7 needs a TVR V8 engine.

>youtube.com/watch?v=_XRi8BQ6LNA

no, its what you do when youve been there and done that and dont want to deal with torqueless, boosted small displacement engines.

nigger detected

no

its what you do when you have no talent for building engines so you just get a generic swap for medicore power at rediculous prices

>Being this butthurt about someone doing the logical choice in replacing a shitty engine with a more powerful, reliable and cheaper to maintain engine
Face it, the dorito was crap and will always be.

I got a crazy idea for you then retard, now this is going to sound crazy but hear me out....
Buy a car that doesn't have a "torqueless small displacement engjne". Like a corvette or a mustang

hey if he wants to waste his money on a worse engine thats on him

hes probably too stupid to listen to anyone

You put effort into your troll thread, so good job.
But to set the record straight, getting power out of a 13b isn't hard at all, neither is getting power out of a chebby 350. If I did have a 80s shit Vette I would probably vortec swap with carb blow through turbos. But you can get power out of the stock sbc if you are not cucked by emissions.

In the end though fire spitting 13b with ports the size of grapefruit will be coolest.

Do you even know how many timing chains those shitty engines had? 3. Three weak ads timing chains that broke at stock hp. The heads were aluminum and would shi t themselves if you can cheap gas. You're retarded and don't know anything about engines. Sage

And you're probably too poor to even own an RX-7. Why the fuck would he buy a Corvette or a Mustang when he wants an RX-7?

dude i guarantee you havent built engines before or you wouldnt say this. it so SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE so fully build a shit engine to make real power reliably. ive done it myself and built these engines and its not worth the money when you can start with a real platform. i love these old small displacment engines but they are so limited man. they DO NOT make natural torque. you need more experience and youll understand this shit.

cool ad hom amazed you could get his dick out of your hands long enough to type it out

like I said if he wants to waste his money being retarded he can

but I have every right to make fun of him

cool beans

Forza is easy aint it

too bad the real world isnt the same kid

Then I'll just get a super tough 350bhp SL500 Mercedes V8 engine. It's not like there's a shortage of options to explore.

exactly. its like talking to a fucking wall. i feel like im the only person in this thread that actually builds their own shit, spends their own money and puts it where their mouth is to have these high performing low displacement engines. i know whats involved and what they capable of.

can a 13b make 500+whp? sure. can it do it reliably without being pushed to the limit and blow up? probably not, and im not spending my money to find out.

I'm done replying to this b8 thread the mods really need to do something about these b8 threads like the tesla ones. You're either a 14 yr old or you're a troll there's no way you're this retarded

>bridgeport
>add turbo

OP, when you're done reading the above greentext please end yourself.

because you dont know how to build an engine
like I said I doubt youre even old enough to drive

Absolutely logical, my dude. These weaboos are too fucking fat to think beyond their tribalistic instincts for Japanese cuckery.
I mean, one would expect them to understand that the US already nuked Japan twice, what makes them think things have changed??

Lmao

>No arguments why high revving, reliable and low maintenance European V8 is non-sensical in a RX-7, just autistic screeching.

And I am the one baiting? Give me a break.

none of this will matter anyways if i cant find whatever bodykit/lip kit is in the OP.

im done arguing with people about my choice of engine, its not even what this thread is about. Ive spent too much money and have to much experience to attempt to build some 80's rotary. lmfao

Good idea OP, have fun with the build. Please do post video or pics when you are done. So we can have another weaboo shitstorm of tears.

definitely will. these cars are so fucking 80's beautiful, at least the one in the op. thats whats drawing me to it. it wont be my fastest car no matter what i do to it, these are just making my dick hard for some reason and i have the room and time/money to do it right now.

I totally get it, I too I am in love with the 80's aesthetics. The sound of a V8 engine while you drive one of those listening to music at the dead of night, can only make it better.

well this got really cringy real fast

will give one last LOL for kiddies trying to troll but looking retarded instead

Admit it, you're just mad two rotatories are gong to be scrapped for superior V8 western designs.

thats all this is about.

honestly i get it. he loves these cars or just the jdm cars in general and it hurts his feelings to know that there will be 2 less original FC's out there. gotta get over it. the world has moved forward and there are better options. not only that, you have to remember that swaps like this require a certain level of base knowledge and experience to complete. most people here probably cant even change a timing belt, let alone swap an engine that isnt even of the same manufacturer. they probably know theyll never be at that level and be able to do it so they just hate it and harp on people who can do it.

shit, i have an f20c in my garage from an s2000 i might throw in there. theres tons of options....the stock 13b is not one of them.

yorue the only cringy person in this thread getting this butt mad because you dont like someones choice of engine.

yup i have the same thoughts.

OP cant even use google to find a bodykit but thinks he has the knowledge to swap an engine. Top zoz the bait threads lately are off the hook.

yup

b-but theyre just pretending to be retarded lmao

what is the bait??? i dont browse Veeky Forums daily and do not get this at all. swapping an rx7 is bait?

How the fuck is LS swapping a RX-7 (nothing new kids, it's actually pretty common) a fucking bait?

Is there even any reason you guys are bitching so much except the Dorito engine being shit?

i need this answered. i do not understand the problem here.

ok I will bite once more

because youre acting like a retarded child trying way too hard to upset people

you didnt make the thread convincing enough

you dont come across as someone who has even the most basic automotive knowledge

if you want to make a bait thread you should do some research first and at least make it look like more than some idiot who cant even use google but can somehow come to Veeky Forums of all places to try and find info

really it took me 1 google to find what kit that car has

tldr bait harder

you must be one hell of a googler because i cant find it. at least i know its out there and ill come across it at some point.

not trying to upset people. dont care if people are upset. had no idea anyone would have any objection. thing is, this is the place to about body kits. no one here works on anything, they just stare at pictures all day.

no way to prove knowledge. been building jap cars for over 10 years. pic related is my prelude.

anyone who has info on the FC in the op, chime in.

actually i swapped an F22B into my prelude. care came with an H22. if thats not proof of a swap, idk what is.

Id ask for a timestamp but wahtever

FC3S-FL-1

fuckinayy man. Thanks a shit ton, very much appreciated.

also holy shit at how expensive these kits are. Ive never used any type of body kit before and had no idea they were this pricey. still worth it, but damn.

How much power does your prelude make

im making 248hp at the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

>wants to swap an LS into an FC3S
>balks at the price of a $600 bumper
LMAO

> more reliable
Nice delusion. LS engines never won le mans unlike the rotary

315 whp/265 tq tuned by me on ectune. Can post dyno in a few

What's there to lmao at? Engine increases the power and reliability of the engine. Visual mods are just that, visual.

I swear you guys just want to bitch.

You're the kinda guy I want to be when I grow up. Keep it up.

That tells you how cheap im used to getting shit done. Swaps are not expensive

>17662610
>17662611
Lmao look at these poor baitposters

Kek I thought you were gonna say like 450+. Do you plan on keeping it na or boosting again

I want you to close your eyes, and imagine a BIG FAT BEE ATE HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAHH being placed with care inside a mint condition RX-7, I want you to imagine it finished and ready, you turn the ignition key on and it sounds BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR GROOOWLLL GROOOWLL, FEEL THE COOL VIRABTIONS, IN YOUR CHEST, ABOUT TO BREAK YOUR RIPS, COLLAPSE YOUR LUNGS!

GROOOOOOOOOWLLL BRBRBRBRBRBRBR HOT JIZZ, HOT CUM, ALL OVER THE PLACE. HELL YEAH!!! FUCK YEAHH!!

Can you feel it? It's the American dream, baby.

There's no point in getting an RX7 if you're going to LS swap it, just get something with an LS already in it. Literally just get a Corvette.

The reason people are getting mad at you is because you're doing the most retarded thing you can do with an rx7.

I'm sure you'll just write me off as another assblasted weeb but listen, don't buy a special snowflake car if you don't like it. We had a ls swapped rx7 show up to a meet one time and the other rotary guys literally laughed as him when he popped the hood.
>but much power!
The other rotary guys were making 600hp while Ls boi was making is than 400.
You're talking about spending 7,000$ minimum if your car Will be worth a shit on a kit that most car guys don't really like. A ls swapped rx7 is like a pretty blonde girl having 5 shitskin kids. It's technically ok but everyone thinks it's icky, and it's such a waste.

You want 80's aesthetic and a v8? How about a 1983 trans am. There's nothing more 80's than a kitt car. You get everything you want and you won't be regarded as a knuckledragging retard by your fellow enthusiasts. People would love to see an la swapped trans am.

Do what you want but old don't ruin a clean rx7 with a shitty truck engine.

Pissing people off is his entire point though.

ha thanks man. at the end of the day, this stuff isnt that hard to do, you just have to get out there and do it.

315/265 doesnt 'sound' like a lot, but believe me it is in these cars, especially when you remember that they have a 4.26 gear in it. i also dont have some shitty oversized turbo thta makes peak torque for 500 rpms, i have a properly sized turbo and have a fat powerband. this car, from a roll on the street, legit walks off from any new, non supercharged V8 production car ive seen. coyote mustangs look like theyre standing still, friend has a new corvette and is 5 cars back once i get out of 3rd. theyre really fun cars and worth boosting.

450whp requires forged pistons and i dont want to build this engine to that point. been there and done that on another car. only thing internally is ARP headstuds and thats good enough for this power level.

>I want a car you don't see everyday
>I want a RX-7 or Nissan Z with a GM V8 swapped in
PICK ONE.

> increases the reliability
see

Do you have any videos? Clearly you have your dyno chart to back up your claims, but call me skeptical that your running away from a c7, even with some weight reduction. While they weigh more, stock they make roughly 100 more whp. I make around 390 (no dyno but proven time and time) and can't imagine a 315whp car beating me let alone badly. Not saying you couldn't beat them but for your power/weight compared to what you have beaten, seems way off to state "standing still" or "5 cars".
No hate or disrespect intended just curious.

i see your point and understand. thing is im a bit older and just dont care if other people dont like it. Ive built engines before and dont want to go through the trial and error of an old 13b. im also not to motivated to learn how to wrench on a new engine configuration if were being honest here. if LS boy was making 400, hes not utilizing the potential of that engine. it doesnt even have to be an LS, theres tons of different options. ive already had an f body GTA in the past and do not like them at all.

that said i see your point. ill probably do it anyways though. ive fallen in love with these things.

Jesus just get a 1uz and call it a day

i have a real quick vid i can post that will prove its real...but nothing of me running through gears.

the thing you have to keep in mind is that people think these V8's are fast because they rip off 12.0 1/4 mile times. they rip off these fast times because a quarter mile time is ENTIRELY dependent on the first 60'. literally. these cars rip off these good 60 foots because they are rwd and make a boat load of low end torque. if they got off the line like a fwd car theyd be running mid 13's and you wouldnt think they were that fast.

when you go from a roll, these cars are at a huge disadvantage, at least in the sense that they are not racing their best race, because they dont get to use that low end, sub 60mph powerband. from a roll its a whole different ball game and thats why i specified from a roll earlier.

i think they make 455 or so in stock from. take off 15% drivetrain loss and theyre right around 390 whp while im at 315. im likely in a lighter car, with more aggressive gearing, and i also do not have the same drivetrain loss they do being fwd. take 2 cars, one fwd, other rwd. same exact power, everything....the rwd car loses every time from a roll. it puts less power down on the road.

most people dont believe how fast a WELL BUILT turbo honda is until they see it in person. they are fucking fast man. my buddy makes 230 whp NA in his civic and he beats the same cars, not as bad as i do, but he does it.

315/265 in a 2700lb car with short gearing rips ass, trust me.

only vid i can post is when i was tuning it and couldnt figure out why the AFR was spiking so i made a vid for my buddy so he could see what i was talking about

youtu.be/WXeBHg2PqEI

no. i dont want a corvette. youre the 5th person to say this. i want corvette testicals in an RX-7 ball sack.

Sub 60 powerband? Huh? You do realize m7 gets to choose gear to be in powerband. C7s dyno around 400 at least. So still 3300lb car with 400whp vs 2700lb car with 315. The math doesn't add up to me.

What do you estimate your 1/4 trap mph?

doesnt matter though...i know you get to choose your gear, the problem is you dont get through them like a fucking raped ape at 80 mph like you do early on. these big V8's make more torque early...more than ANY honda ever will in their wildest dreams, and thats where the 1/4 mile time ends up so good. my buddy pulls mid 1.6 60' times in that corvette. id need slicks and a whole bunch of other shit to do that. a V8 racing a turbo honda from a roll is giving up their whole advantage. i admit theyre much faster to 60, after that its over and im reeling them in like a motherfucker.

he traps at 115 in that corvette. my trap depends on the tires used. the more traction you have= lower trap speed. more wheel spin= high trap speed. on steet tires i trap around 113 or so. a total back-half car. ive been drag racing for a long time and stubbornly stick with fwd imports.

you need to put the gearing in your math as well. gearing is almost as important as the actual power being put down. throw an F22, long geared trans in there instead of my h23 trans and this car is slow.

go and seek out a turbo honda making 300whp and race from a roll and youll see what i mean. im not a fanboy with hondas at all, but from a roll these cars ave a huge advantage if things are even close to being equal. most dont believe it until they see it. after i beat these domestics they think im making 500+ and its nowhere near that.

Yeah man not denying anything you say, just not the norm you see. I'm actually going to the local 1/8 track next week I hope. Never been to the strip due to my schedule. But familiar with how trap speed vs et plays out. If you lived near me I'd love to witness this machine from my car.
Prelude sounds fun though. I've always been a v8 person for power though

Yeah I'd love to find one but work schedule doesn't allow me to go out and play very often. Kid at my work is supposed to be building his integra n/a and no doubt it'd be quick but pretty sure he would need f/i to beat me.

I want a western V8.

Yeah I fail to see how the Mercedes and jaguar v8s you wanted were western

Without question he would. NA Hondas need to be in u ultra light chassis or they don't do much. He'll be disappointed. Tell him to go fi or he's wasting money

Also I'm from Indy. You?

Our local tracks are packed on test n tune night's

just drive it in reverse.

Do you even know what Western means?

You really do suck at googling.
"Some of the exterior customizations were the Turbo2 hood (which we love by the way!) and a full Shine Auto kit including the front lip, sideskirts, rear end caps & roof spoiler."

BTW I've used Shine Auto parts on my own cars and so have my friends ant they are top notch in fitment and quality. Highly recommended.

nukes dont even exist

>bunkers built throughout the world at a cost of billions in today's currency
>all for a hoax
Right, and the Earth is flat

japan wouldnt be habitable right now if they were real

and earth is not only flat, but the motionless center of the universe above which the stars rotate as evidenced by time lapse photography of the sky (and many other proofs) showing it's rotation around the center point of polaris the north star

nasa concedes it themselves infact as all of their modeling is done on a "stationary atmosphere over a flat, nonrotating earth"