Why are cars so fat now?

Why are cars so fat now?

Stop avatar fagging

Crumple zones, now Fuck off

Or in the case of brit cars, crumpet zones

hah

What kind of autism compelled you to type this comment?

The kind that compels me to memorize automotive brands, specs,and lap times and argue about it all on a Venezuelan zeebra farming internet board.

Too deep...

This is why I buy old cars still, even though I'm not quite as poorfag as I used to be

Easy on the carrots, Bugs...

They are so fat because commie regulations made in California and the EU. You need to have a shiton of passive security features like airbags and more unnecessary things in your car. Commies are even trying to make pedestrians airbags mandatory. Although nowadays cars are made of lighter materials, they are heavier that cars made 30 years ago.

because people are fat now

amen my dude

I'm dying

>Commies are trying to keep me safe and alive
In your case, I sure wish they wouldn't. Do us all a favor and start driving around without wearing your seatbelt.

they've had to raise cowl heights to meet shitty safety requirements

regulations. the fags in the eu and california are trying (successfully i might add) to price the average person out of a new car thus saving planet earth by making them too expensive for the plebs.

this of course will make everything better.

I buy old cars because $50,000 goes a hell of a lot further when you consider all cars made within the last 25 years.

I was looking at my Ford Focus the other day and realized it looks like a minivan with a trunk. So sad.

This

big cars for fat people

/thread