Anybody else feel like modern crewcabs aren't really trucks?

Anybody else feel like modern crewcabs aren't really trucks?

They're like giant utility sedans. Most of the people who buy them basically use them for that purpose. They're like a 70s landbarge with a removed trunklid.

Gotta realize that trucks are luxury items now more than ever. Paying $50,000 for a truck with leather and more buttons than an SR-71 is commonplace now. Vehicles that are big represent power and wealth, so what better vehicle to buy than a platinum F-150 if you want to show your wealth? Its the same philosophy as buying an S-class. This is especially true for American car buyers but bigger is better

Trucks have evolved over the years, from a spartan, uncomfortable workhorse to a family conveyor. Guys need to make up for their small dick, even if they're married, so they want a big, masculine truck to haul their family around in. That's why the compact truck died off. That and safety reasons making cars more bloated than ever.

modern trucks are luxury hotrods that get around emission standards by being trucks. the bed is superfluous

Get out nu cuck. Single cabs are for blue collar workers and crew cabs are where its at

That's part of where I got my 70s landbarge comparison. A ridiculously oversized luxury four door with a muscley engine.

Big trucks just kind of prove you're a cuck though.
Motorcycles are literally better as a status symbol because they require skill to operate, and normies don't know they cost almost nothing.

Because it IS a giant sedan, just with a bigger exposed trunk (unless you get a bed cover for it)

I'm sticking with ext cabs. Single cabs are gonna fade away to obscurity soon due to safety regulations, and I have no need for a crew cab since I don't have more than 2 passengers and not only that, but sacrifices the bed space thanks to the big cabin.

Snarky memes about dick size aside what happened was that Union pay scales and CAFE regulations pretty much made building the full size sedan unattractive for automakers. Trucks otoh didn't have these problems so they were much more profitable for the automakers which has led to most trucks on the market today being successors to the American full size sedan of the 50's and 60's.

normies dont look at motorcycles the way they would at a luxury vehicle though and the whole point of something being a status symbol is for it to be big and expensive

I got a crew cab because I do need the room for passengers, but luckily the bed is still a use-able 6', and has a cover

Yeah, your status symbol is an organ doner.

Got a crew cab because I actually have people with me quite a bit who aren't kids. I also like to be able to throw my tools in the back seat instead of a toolbox that screams rob me.

And it isn't a slouch about actual work. The new GM half tons tow pretty damn good.

Did you get the extended bed?

Gotta love the federal government being in charge of what kinds of vehicles gets built at what price points. And they say this is a capitalist system...

No. Because he doesn't do any actual work. He just has to feed his wife's son's pony.

Yup. Full size crew cab, 6.5' bed. Most of the half tons you see used are either the 5.5' bed or the double cab. I wasn't willing to compromise so I got what I wanted.

All accurate statements.

I'm not saying I use it as a truck every day.

But I use it often enough that it's nice to have. I was pulling the trailer that day because my friend with a Duramax who normally pulls it was busy as the event coordinator. So I stepped up.

Tows pretty good for a half ton. Fuel mileage goes to shit though. Between the brake controller and the tow/haul mode that automatically downshifts your transmission, I never felt like I wasn't going to be able to stop the trailer.

Most of the market for trucks wants those crewcabs, you're actually being weird if you want something outside of that.
>inb4 normies, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Crew cab F-250s are the real trucks

I agree, but I feel we repeat this so often that it is going to become a meme.

Did GM stop making the 1500 extended cab?

>be me
>considering buying a pickup truck
>play around with configurator.
>only 2K extra for a crew cab... hmmm
>only 2k extra for 4x4.
>select both, 7k extra
wat.txt

>want a locking diff
>need the $500 heavy duty trailer package

>status symbol
noone sees them as this since they usually cost less than a used car.

No. It's still here. They renamed their extended cabs, "double cabs".

because why pay 30k for a car that will heavily depreciate in value when you can pay 30k and get a truck with more passenger space than the sedan and the towing ability/bed utility of the truck? plus better value retention and generally longer-lasting parts and drivetrains.

yes, you can get cars cheaper overall, but trucks don't have to be terribly expensive, either. as long as you find the sales, and stay away from Toyota. I mean, Tundras and Tacomas are great but you have to hate some money to get them.

>be me
>drive a ford transit 250
>superior seat height
>always laugh when I pull up next to a truck at the stoplight as I look down on them from my watchtower

Seriously. Look it up. The ford transit seating position is insane.

Kek

Got this awhile back. Did I do good?

my brother has an 07 sierra and it's nice as fuck, has a back seat, and he uses it for work. there's literally nothing wrong with modern trucks, and anyone complaining about them is a fucking retard who never uses their truck for actual work. i would 1000000000000x times rather use my dads 17 sierra than a 90s truck where there's no comfort at all, or my brothers 07 higher trim level sierra.

my bros 07 sierra has fucking heated leather seats and he got the truck for 7k btw. beats the fuck out of it and uses it for work daily.

anyone on Veeky Forums who claims that a truck (excluding le raised bro trucks) is just a dick compensation measure is a fucking idiot, who again, has never worked in their entire life.

>Frontier

You see that's understandable fuckery
But the wheel base is the same. There's was literally no difference between the 4x4 drivetrain on the regular cab or the crew cab. So there's absolutely no reason for the option to cost nearly 3 times as much on the crew cab.

can i join in guys?

>Don't park next to me or my wife's son again

are there any trucks left that are treated as "working" trucks

Singe cab anything. Long bed anything. Utility vans.

If anything extended cabs are going to fall victim to safety regulations with their one and a half doors per side.

Capitalism doesn't automatically mean free market. Capitalism only means that capital is power. And capital is power when Detroit can lobby the Feds for lower safety and fuel economy requirements so they can keep building shitbarges and make dosh.

>this is what motortards believe
Whenever i see some asshole reving up his motorbike on the street i just think about how much of a faggot he is.

Nice quads

Did he died?

He dead. Press f.

Saw a crew cab truck that couldn't get the cap down because he had a bicycle in there. I can fit a bicycle in the trunk of my buick and get it closed.

They are trucks and they can do truck things but nobody uses them as trucks. I hardly ever see modern $70k crewcabs at the home depot carrying lumber and shit, it's always some shitty toyota or a chevy work truck. People are too afraid to scuff up their expensive truck.