/ovg/ - Solar Powered Series When Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=4053.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

real last thread

Second for memes

That looks pretty gay

Best race of the year pham better get used to it this is the future of motorsport

what's a good driving game that works well with a controller, that isn't focused on realism, but is still difficult regardless

Midnight Club 3

FH3

cuckmobile

lul

Do y'all care about blue flags when racing on public servers, or do you just race whoever happens to be around you?

>Do y'all care about blue flags when racing on public servers, or do you just race whoever happens to be around you?

>not following flag rules

>taking an 8 lap race with 70% of the field crashing at some point serious

at least pretend like you give a shit

...prepare to get punted

Not if I keep driving away from you :^)

????
then why are you being shown the blue flag when Im behind you?

Because I join mid race

I give a shit about close racing. Not winning some pathetic pub race that restarts in 20 minutes anyways

Holy shit, /ovg/, I'm legit pissed at Atari.
I miss Test Drive Unlimited 2 so fucking much, I loved that game so much, even though it had it's flaws I still loved that game, cruising through Ibiza and Honolulu was my jam back in 2011-2012, when I played a cracked version of the game (i was still a broke teen when I first played that game), and now Atari has abandoned the game as a whole.
No FH3 can fill the gap that TDU2 left, I just don't feel that much of a challenge playing in Australia, the grind is extremelly lesser than in Test Drive (you can't take a cheap car and upgrade it to match top notch competition in TDU2, at least not in the way you can do it on Forza).

I miss this game. A lot.

>mfw I exit the pits and get straight on the racing line without looking, habit from hotlapping
>leader swerwes and spins
>2nd brakes to avoid but gets hit by 3rd so they both spin
>type "lol sorry :P" in chat and pit next lap to change my setup

TDU1 was objectively better
Also why do you expect them to keep supporting a 6 year old game?
Also also just keep playing singleplayer, did anyone even play multiplayer still?

>mfw forza7 soon

my body is ready

Should be entitled "mustang owners"

HE TOO OLD

TDU2 had everything to succeed but then they fucked up the physics and wheel support so fucking bad the universe had a reverse abortion.

Hope they don't fuck it up. Forza Horizon 3 was a massive disappointment. Car selection is great and the physics are fun but the game is shallow as fuck. I was stupid for expecting the new TDU successor.

are there any good racing games on ps4 right now except dirt rally?
Gonna buy a ps4 with some friends but I stopped playing racing games since I got my drivers license and I dont even know whats new
is Assetto Corsa on ps4?

Any NFS game between Hot Pursuit and Carbon, Midnight Club games 1-3, any Burnout game.

rfactor

someone's salty because his shilling doesn't work and nobody likes his shit game

>tfw havent been here in over a year

what you niggas up to?

complaining mostly

sounds about right. Still racing with 50+ car grids?

reminder that most of the past mainline rfactor series were won by a pad driver

we're lucky to get 5 car grids now

[citation needed]

shame, the hektik ovgt3 races with you guys were the best I ever had

It's just summer so some people have better thing to do on weekend nights than sit at home playing videogames. In the winter numbers will go up again. Most likely not to the 50+ grids, but still like 15-20 people which is enough desu

Also, FM7 might bring lots of people if we do stuff with that but who knows

This man speaks the truth

I wanna drive with ovg whenever I can but a beer with the guys, a concert or going to a race irl always takes priority

>normies in my /ovg/

I would race but it just takes too much of my brain since I started working, I need to rest in evenings.

>tfw I will never relive my student time and race/practice all night every night

feels very bad

Dirt Rally. PCars too

You care too much about your work man, leave work at your workplace

I did the same in spring just starting out, it's not sustainable

Working is better for gaming because you can leave work at work and you get paid so you can afford dat sweet fanatec gear
When you're a student you should socialize with other students and shit

Yeah but you need sleep in order to perform at work. Plus you have to sustain your shit. And you have 8 hours taken away from your life.

If you're only working 8 hours a day that's tons of time to do other stuff too

That's 8 hours of staying just at work, but takes at least 3 more to prepare, get there, get back. And I also have other things. This basically leaves me with 2 hours tops for vidya because I need dat sleep.

>2 hours tops for vidya
That's plenty of time to go pretend racing

I leave my work at work, im just too tired when I get home.

Its really not about time, its just that you tend to get fried from working hard for 8 hours a day, and if you try racing in the evenings youll get even more fried. I just cant sustain it. Yes I am making sweet money but I dont have any energy to do anything good with it. Part of me is thinking that this is not what life should be. And ive got quite a nice job thats not even really hard work, I feel bad for people who really work hard. Their lives must be 100% work.

Fuck man, anyone who is a student/neet should really appreciate the fact that they have the energy to perform their hobbies.

I work full time, don't make that much and I still have plenty of time to play vidya

You are lucky then. I just get fucking fried after an 8 hour day. On friday the first thing I do when I get home is lie on the couch and have nap. When I was a student I used to be puppy tier energized and could go all day. I fell of my bike half a year ago and had a concussion and since then ive started being low-energy. I even wore a helmet, fucking sucks.

meant to quote

Sounds like an exhausting job. Watch out you don't end up with stress symptoms man.

Well what can I do, I cant just quit my job and be homeless.

get some vitamin d my man

you could if you were a negro

I ride my bicycle to work everyday so I probably get enough of that friend

depends of where you live, the time of day and how long you're exposed my man

So who is going to take one for the team and upload the rF2 Mclaren GT3?

*poorfags silence*

iktf
>be unemployed
>can't afford fun things
>be employed
>no time or energy to enjoy fun things

tick tock

what?

>accidentally tap someone once
>they lose a couple positions
>feel bad about it for hours

you are a fucking hooligan and you should feel bad

I'm going to build a new PC soon, is there some game similar to Forza 4 on PC worth playing? I specially want some realistic game, but with mod support too.

iRacing

Assetto Corsa is the closest thing

what are your thoughts on the crew?

No and there never will be

Forza Motorsport 7

see

>I specially want some realistic game, but with mod support too.

iRacing. Realistic and virtually open source

It is realistic, and with over 700 cars, why would you want to add more?

Does Forza 7 have cool tracks like Maple Valley, Suzuka or mountain passes like Fujimi Kaido?

No, those are way too interesting.

Then I'm probably buy something Asetto Corsa so at least I can download some cool tracks.

Maple Valley and Suzuka were both confirmed for FM7. I heard nothing about Fujimi Kaido yet but it might also get confirmed before release or included in a DLC or something

I am definitely going to buy the rF2 GT3 pack.

I have a feeling everyone will get the chance to enjoy realistic GT3s in a sim soon.

These are entirely separate and independent statements.

lmao now that is a clever post von
like youre killin me over here LOL

Von is the original funny man of /ovg/

while you're at can you check if the wireframe is identical to the ac one?

Why have you tried the raceroom GT3s then, you memelord?

how do you mark sessions as "real" race sessions in liveracers?
t. V8SC server host

yea these new funny men aren't as funny

To be fair, it aint easy to beat Von

Because that shit costs money and my wife won't let me ;_;

Stop being a fucking pussy

Don't get pussified by your wife. if you give her too much control she will control every aspect of your life, she will even force you to leave your hobbies if you are not alpha enough. Women like dominant men, not dominated men. Don't be like those guys who sell their cars in craiglist because their wives don't approve their passion for cars.

We should just do Nippon Super Formula in RF2, they drive like F3s but with more power and there are a good amount of stock skins. Also it's made by Japanese modders so you know it's quality.

internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=4053.0

GT500 at Long Beach starting in 10
you should join just to check out that load screen

For real though she'd probably be fine with it but I won't do it. We just got a new apartment and all the little stuff we get adds up. We're trying to be responsible.

And RRE is shit anyways :D

>:D

you don't have a wife, and you're also not over 18

t. definitely not under 18

HAHAHAHAHAHA