Car manufacturers think this is the normal sitting posture

>car manufacturers think this is the normal sitting posture

Why is this accepted?

Because shitty government regulations.

What the fuck are you driving?

How else am I going to sit?
My car is 4 feet tall

Fix your lumbar support retard

I'm getting about this | | close to doing a foamectomy.

Tilt your seat forward more

Turn your headrests backwards. They slant forward due to stupid regulations that sacrifice ergonomics for crash rating.

Straight vertical or slightly back tilted headrests will still prevent whiplash if you don't have computer nerd posture where your neck is cranked forward by default

They should be more comfortable if you lower the seat, slide it to the rear, and recline the back as far as your arms will let you still touch the stering wheel
The reclined seat makes the headrest push your eyes level

This driving posture is used predominately by basketball americans

>sit like a nigger so that your retard headrest stops being in the way

>always have to move the seat all the way back and tilted 30 degrees because I have long legs and arms
Fucking manlets

Why can't you figure out the seat controls?

Headrests aren't for resting your head. You should have them just slightly out of the way. Keep your seat higher to let your spine do its job and take the weight of your head. Lean the back of your seat more.

Even in general, the best posture is letting your spine do its job.

>aren't for resting your head
Then why is it so relaxing until the screams wake me up when I lay back and close my eyes?

There is no such thing as a normal sitting posture, humans are build for walking.

>he types from his chair

i sit with my entire upper back off of the seat because i have short arms

I drive since 2008 and up to this day and after having tried different cars I can safely say that I've never found a 100% comfortable driving position.

The things that pisses me off mostly are the steering wheels with limited horizontal and vertical excursions (I want it to be as close as me as possible) and seats that have such positions that when I have to take a close turn I have to detach my back from them assuming an unnatural posture.

Humans are built to be active at a medium level all day.
I say this because I'm on my feet up to 8 hours a day, and then end up sitting around not moving for hours as I stare slack-jawed at a game. When I finally remember to get up and eat/drink, my knees are stiff.

I've always wondered how that shit doesn't kill their neck after about ten minutes.

97 Jeep Grand Cherokee