/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Was not left to be
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ehoxhx.zip
darksouls2.wikidot.com/white-ring
imgur.com/a/bUexP
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tight control and general combat. Say what you will about how broken rolls are, the way the characters move and fight feels the best out of the three.

In DaS1 you have backstab meta and massively delayed input queues, in DaS2 you have super floaty movement and lack of invulnerability during backstab/riposte animations (plus the abomination that is Soul Memory). DaS3 is the most "refined" of the three despite what it failed to learn.

Just make a new Pyromancer character and farm them through invasions. Shackles are the second- or third-easiest covenant item to get because you're not restricted to just killing the host.

DaS1 has literally no cheat protection. Go ham.

nah

Jesus, that's super fucking cute.

>DaS3 is the most refined out of the 3
Not really. DS3 tossed in a grab bag of mechanics from older games without really understanding how they would work in combination and the result is a jumbled mess.

>player chugs in 1
Backstab him or hit him with a stunlock combo for more than the chug heals
>player chugs in 2
Interrupt his healing before it begins or nuke him with a high damage weapon / spell
>player injects in BB
Parry his heal and oneshot him
>player chugs in 3
Recovery is instant and rolls are so spammy that you can't do shit without DMB sellsword twinblades or something

>people defend being a chugging bitch in 3
>people defend the objectively and most offensively casualized, hand-holding game in the series

Anyone knows if Salt & Sanctuary is worth it with Mouse/Keyboard? My controller is not working properly, sometimes the left stick will go left after being pushed right and returning. On a game about turning right, this means I'm leaving my back opened too often

I need some more feedback for the tier list.

Once again, this is Work in Progress, I will change the entire layout. It won't stay the clusterfuck that it is right now.

Currently only working on text and ranks. Let me know what you think and I'll make some changes here and there.
BKGA is going down for sure, and I might bump Frayed Blade to top.

>Hidden body doesn't let you pass through this area
Also how do I pass midir on the bridge with no vig? I am unable to make it to the safe spots in time to dodge his fire breath, do I try fire resist stuff or will that do to little to matter?

Which is better between Lorians and Propaned greatsword?

They seem identical but is there much of a difference between there self buffs?

I really want to use a golf swing weapon and I just realised FUGS doesn't have a special follow after stomp it's just a normal r1 or r2.

>typical dark souls 3 pvp webm

Why are you so boring now /dsg/?

P.s. I might add spells, miracles and pyromancies.

>Lorian's
I AM LOW LEVEL BUT WANT HIGH DAMAGE
>Propane
I AM SHITTING LEVELS AND WANT HIGH DAMAGE

That is the only difference between the two

Just block his fire with a shield. Aim for high fire resist. It's okay to use a shield you don't have stats for or be guard broken.

>DS3 tossed in a grab bag of mechanics from older games without really understanding how they would work in combination and the result is a jumbled mess
you've literally described DS2

Run by him.

What's the best twinking weapon I can grab the base stats for and then just pump vigor with?

>Backstab him or hit him with a stunlock combo for more than the chug heals
You can also do this in 3 though. All you have to do is stay close and wait for him to chug.

Why did you put the MLGS and OB so high up? I love both, but their split damage was always something that bothered. Especially in the case of OB that gets fire damage from it's Blackflame buff (for some absurd reason).

Does anyone else get really angry when a phantom that's part of a gank squad bows like it's a legit duel?

>youtube montage
>not even a swap of any variety
you'll never farm (you)s with such low quality bait

Lorian's for low levels (the wa buff activates on l2, it's basically free). Can also kinda work at ~80 vigvitgouge. Propaned for high level quality build.

Yeah but I need all spells on a single character for the achievement, so getting covenant +2 on a new character won't help with that, sadly.

raw Astora straight sword
dark hand
bandit knife
literally anything with a good moveset

>gravelord servant covenant will never ever work and will never ever be revisited or revamped

I crysral soul spear people sometimes but I have to predict it.

Can punish it on reaction super easy with vestiges or lightning arrow or spears.

>+50% hp gone from curved sword stunlock

Now I remember why DaS2 PvP sucked.

run up, let him fly behind you. This gives you enough time to run to the first left rock, then once he comes back over you have enough time to run to the left dropdown

I bow everytime on my toons with proper bow.

No matter if it was a 3v1 or 1v1

Auuh...

does any high levelled soul fiend want to password farm vertebra shackles with me
i suppose you can be low levelled but then you could just invade for what you want instead

accurate but also the worst looking list I've ever seen

i get angry when people bow or emote at all

i attack them immediately

Ds3 has one of them post number build rollcharts, right?
can somebody post it?

>password farm vertebra shackles
what do you mean by this?

>i hate DS2 guise please tell me I fit in

DS2 tried something new and was abandoned by hackazaki midway through development so he could make edge souls
SOTFS improved upon it in every way save for removing soul memory
They used DS1 as a jumping off point to try and innovate and do different shit and got lambasted for it

ringed knight spear doesn't even compare to GFS or plow
>pike r1s and shit range r2s b-but you can do slow jump attacks
get real.... kid...

onyx blade is shit compared to MLGS, does less damage, 40/40 requirement keeps you from poise stacking

drang hammers are a joke in poise backpedal meta and probably cant l2 infinite anymore

giant door shields have the most broken rolling attack in the whole game

who uses O&U? seriously

greataxe can r1 r2 with warcry as well, is far easier to hit with / harder to parry

pretty sure you can get vertebra shackles by summoning via mad sign with the same password so that any two people regardless of SL can do it repeatedly
i'm SL 2much so it's hard to do without password unless coincidence

Literally only three of the Pyromancies require boss soul transposition (Stray Demon, Wolnir and ODK), with another five found through regular exploration. They're not hard to get at all.

Have you made a Pyromancer character before? They're pretty damn fun to play. May as well experience it while PvPing for Shackles.

Found one more table with more lighting and gfx stuff. This is for Vanilla DaS2.

my.mixtape.moe/ehoxhx.zip

Onyx Blade is better by virtue of an all around better moveset and range and most importantly, lending itself to a better kind of caster. As a standalone greatsword, it's an inferior clay.

Lightanon was also known as Cr8 or Cr8n, since he wore the Creighton set. Zullie worked with him, but they're different people.

Not played pyro on Ds3, no.
My autism makes me want to collect literally everything on my main character before I move on

I'll try this one out in a sec. Took a bit to reply since I was messing around with the tables.

I'll see what i can do with this once once i load it up.

Still, if lightanon or zullie read these and still have those light tables, then please post them.

Does anyone have a spare Sunset Shield? I completely forgot about that quest this NG+.

The one I added (quasar.ct) seems to have most if not all of the things lightanon showed us back in the day.

What did M mean by this? Is Vaati here to tell me the lore significance?

anybody?

so is SSS WA actually any better than deep protection? better in PvP than power within?

>Power Within
Use: Temporarily boost attack, but gradually lose HP

>This spell is acquired from Grand Archives and provides +30 Stamina and x1.2 Attack Speed per second for a total of 30 seconds.

what did they mean by this

Did it finally I bought a few extra seconds by running into his fire attack while it was still on the ground the small damage didn't matter but covering the distance was enough to get me to safety before his next attack.

I want to make a regular mace-wielding Cleric that looks similar to the Way of White Clerics from DaS.
What are some good armor pieces to use?

>fextra

Which off hand cross bow would be best to pair with a big slow weapon to stop people from playing so passive and spamming rolls?

literally none of them because that's a stupid tactic that only works in invasions

post save file

Anyone on PS4 want to help me kill the dancer? PW is sundsg, leave your mark at lucerne

Why do you want that?

>when you're so autistic that every gesture, not just point down, triggers you into getting angry
getting mad at one gesture is dumb enough, but getting mad at all of them is fucking retarded. I bet you get angry when people have a medium shield too.

>all around better moveset
poke r2s are overrated on greatswords, r1 > r2
>range
it's pretty minimal honestly, and overshadowed by your pathetic poise
>better kind of caster
why are you even casting with a greatsword? the fuck you one-handing for?
for what? black serpent? lmao

with MLGS you can wear full havels

>thinks i care about the gesture
>being such an HNOROBUR faggot that you do your pretty little bow before each fight

LMAO

You usually have up to 2500 HP in DaS2, that guy was a retard

you seem to care quite a bit if you have to rush down someone for trying to wave hello at you
also
>everyone who uses gestures bows before a duel
have you even played past irithyll

He was also wearing black robes and engraved gauntlets, which gives you fuckall physical defense

I miss r2 combos

*PRRRRFFFFFF*

>sunlight oath into deep protection stacks but deep protection into sunlight oath cancels the former
what did they mean by this

I'll fiddle around with the parameters and some of the other settings to see if I can recreate what I saw.

Thank you for uploading these tables.

Anyone?

Nah, HERE'S the real deepest lore.

Why is the old iron king's Balrog face on the Darklurker's vagina? Answer me that.

There's no penalty to carrying around a whole bunch of stuff so you can switch to whatever works best.

If you stick to one or two weapons you're limiting yourself.

I miss DaS2-style counter damage
Except ridiculous 140-160 counter for the katanas

What the fuck just happened to me?

I was in Earthen Peak, I get invaded by a White Phantom? He drops a Seed, I pop it, he proceeds to guide me through the whole level, drops 10x effigies, 10x souls, 10x of a bunch of other shit, then leaves?

see, you can spot an assblasted das2babby pcuck when the bloodborne hate comes out. why don't you go back to EZ souls 2 and stop whining bitch.

It makes hardswapping to my Yhorm's after a parry harder.

I suck at souls character creation and wanted to use CE to use your face on my new character, if you don't want to I understand.

Just looked pretty good from the front shot you posted.

Faggot that posted pic related a few weeks ago pirating the game here, finally got the game due to the sale.

I have a certain particular autistic way of playing souls games that i've used since Demon's, which is trying to look up missables before i've played the game.

So my question is: what should i look out for and what shouldn't i do?

I think DS2 and 3 are guilty of this.

Some guy got tired of waiting for a summon and took matters into his own hands

but that also takes away from the fun of an rpg

If you want to get everything you need to play the game 3 times. You'd might as well do your first run blind and then look up a guide for the rest.

am i the only one who thinks that dark souls 1 is easier than 3

I mean I can understand someone getting creative and invading to help people, but how come he was a white phantom?

Also, since he most likely cheated to get all the stuff the dropped for me, can I get banned for taking them?

>invades world
>im gonna play nice nice and wave XD

Your build already determines what you're good and bad at. With 40/40 refined build I can swap to an ultra weapon or dagger, but I won't do as much damage as someone with a pure str or dex build.

darksouls2.wikidot.com/white-ring

It was my attempt at making an ok looking girl in DS1 since another user wanted to, I just ended up using her as my SL1 character. I don't wanna give you my saves, but I did screenshot it for that user. I think I made really small tweaks, but nothing much.
imgur.com/a/bUexP

There is a ring to make you look like a white phantom. If you also couldn't hit him, he was probably using a glitch that allows you to invade but spawn as if you had been white sign summoned.

There's way too much missable shit to put into a single post. A bunch of the missable stuff is enforced anyways unless you explicitly look up a guide.

On my way

Seed cannot be traded anymore and only lasts for 45 seconds now. Dubious story.

Should this be done with the dlc bosses now?

What's the DS3 equivalent to Giant Dad or Havelyn/Smavel? Why is this game lacking iconic memebuilds?

>lack of invulnerability during backstab/riposte animations

DS2 had invulnerability during backstab and riposte.

>effigies
He's clearly playing dks 2

>STOP USING GESTURES YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN UNLESS IT'S THE WAY I WANT REEEEEEEEEEEE
lol

problem with sliders in DS1 is they morph differently depending on the order you change things, if you have cheat engine you can just copy the face rip data and that will work.

>yet another advantage melee users get
>In an unsurprising fashion mages would have to sacrifice more rings slots for the utility of another spell

>onyx blade is shit compared to MLGS, d

Doesn't it have better range? I dont care for trading on my casters i just need a get off me button at times