Previously, on /dbt/:
→→

Other urls found in this thread:

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/hehrcwl1oi97b4sz
youtube.com/watch?v=df8qizkvkbg
youtube.com/watch?v=57NY_xUWsFY
youtu.be/d3dMWMsU6NU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for I secretly hope Suzuki gets it's act together.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I don't have a problem with replacing parts or performing regular maintenance. Really what I meant by "run forever" was that it's simple enough, and easy enough to work on, that it's unlikely to suffer from a catastrophic failure that can't be fixed by an amateur/hobbyist mechanic.

Dr650. Air cooled, carburetor, chain drive, single cylinder dual sport with analog everything.

r65 pls respond

>concern

was los?

>impliziert du wärest der echte
I won't fall for it this time, Funduro

blyad

got u this time
faggoti

post borings

did you mean
"post all your webms"
because thats sure what I understood

Boys I want to get into MotoGP. Where is the best place to stream the races or catch replays?

Download the app Mobdro. BT Sport 2 shows the races and all practice/quali live. If you're serious about getting into it, fork over a few bucks for the official motogp videopass

>tfw my new continental trail attack 2's and tubes arrived today

Cant wait to go above 100kph without the front shaking

I think I need make some Night Rider WebMs.

>tubes

Vomit.gif

I'm a mechanic it'll be fine. It was a really good price and honestly its fun as fuck.

It's strange for me too. Being able to carry a spare in a tiny box is cool though.

Maybe you guys will prefer my old bike.

the longest i've gone without bent handle bars is 2 weeks ..

>rides over the raised roundabout
>wont ride over the small curb

>seems to be riding a touring/dualsport bike

why not user? are you weak and scared of a small bump?

>wont ride over the small curb

Where's he going to go? How's he going to merge at that angle?

Yes. Let`s fill the internets with our webms.
Everyone respects v-stroms.

How indestructible is the newer dr650 compared too the 400? And could it be converted too a super moto just as easily as any other dual sport?

Drunk boys. Here's a stanza for yo boys

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/hehrcwl1oi97b4sz

>NO GLOVES
RIP

Would wearing this with a motorcross jersey over top be just as safe as an actual motorcycle jacket?

I want to look like a hooligan and mx jerseys have dank designs.

that thing basically is a jacket

>Would wearing this with a motorcross jersey over top be just as safe as an actual motorcycle jacket?

youtube.com/watch?v=df8qizkvkbg

no. see^.

It provides very little safety in any department. You can get cheap (somewhat more effective) armoured chinese jackets on ebay, or if you want something thats actually good, get a fox or sixsixone armoured jacket.

Ultimately none of these will protect you as much as an armoured leather jacket will, however they will protect you better than an unarmoured leather jacket at lower speeds.

They wont provide any abrasion resistance, as its fairly likely the pads will rotate away from the road around your arm.

If you want to look like a hooligan, theyre a great solution for off road riding or other relatively low speed but high impact riding.

If you can, find a CE2 jacket as they are far far more protective than CE1 jackets.

CE2 jackets will be noted in the product description. If its not noted, assume CE1.

Good enough for me then

Why are "street" jackets so afraid to go wild with designs? Its all either plain neutral colours or icon skullz

hope it's got a 200hp/L motor like it's little brother

motocross riders dont go very fast and dont bother with asphalt so their gear doesnt have much abrasion resistance but is designed to absorb impact.

Its not much in terms of protection when riding on the streets.

that offers essentially no protection. might as well just wear a tshirt senpai

I'll go out on a limp and guess that Suzuki will give the GSXR1000's variable valve timing to this new 'Busa, plus a bunch of electronic bullshit.

>go out on a limp

Launch controller and wheelie control together and it will dominate straight line launches, with the imu traction control it will have better ability in corners

Possibly the ultimate street bike

ugg technology bad

also
>limp

F-freudian slip.

Hey what do you guys think of the CB500X for a brand new rider and first bike? I've ridden bitch seat for 2 dozen hours before so I'm not a newfag, just new to being in the front.

And no, don't throw other motorcycles my way, I'm wanting opinions on the CB500x.

Buy what you want, if you have the money.

Once it's used and cheap then it's fine. Don't go brand new, obviously. All those 500cc Hondas are the same engine and they're built literally for learners (35kW for A2 legality).

Issue is I can never find the same things used unless it's a 2013 model with no ABS, no LED lights, and a few other various differences between the old models and the new. There's normally only a $1k difference between used and new too.

That jacket makes my weewee stiff

i want a spinning dorito bike
are there any outside of the uk?

the c500x is a bit overpriced for what it is, but not a bad bike overall.
it has (((honda reliability))) so that could be why on the price [or so i've heard]

I have the '14 F, the engine is fun. ABS is pretty nice to have, despite what fags tell you about how "I can stop better without it". If the X tickles your fancy, you won't be unhappy. It's not as fast a super sport, it's not as comfy as a cruiser, but it's a great middle ground bike.

The seat is a fucking piece of shit though so either get yourself an airhawk butt cushion or get a replacement seat. Your ass will thank you.

where are you?
used market is shit around here too. was looking for an xsr700 and people are trying to sell them for nearly the same price as new lol

>tfw not >200lb
>not male

Suzuki made one back in the day but good luck finding/affording/maintaining it.

is that and (custom make one yourself) the only option?

Lift more faggot

Ohio and Minnesota. Also checked Indiana and Kentucky. Everyone, whether it's a stereo, firearm, jeans, or vehicles want way too much.

>not male
bait
girls dont ride bikes, and if they do its fat cruiser trash

Well that sucks. I guess new is fine then.

Same shit happens here with CRF250L's. Fuck all are sold and they hold their value (€4000 used vs €5000 new). That's why I got my KTM instead which was like 1/3 its original value.

Thanks for the reply. As a beginner, the cruisers felt better. But I know it was an illusion of being closer to the ground and being flatter. I thought it fit all the bills for me as a commuter and tourer, not to mention I love the adventure aesthetic and matte tan paint job of the 2016 ABS

Have you sat on it? Are you able to flat foot or do you have to tip-toe it? I'm 5'11" and with the F I can flat foot the bike easy but idk if the X has a significantly higher ride height or not. I'm assuming most of the features are pretty much the same since the 500s are practically interchangeable bikes.

I lucked out and got mine used with very low mileage. I kind of got fucked by the dealership but you live you learn. At least if you had to go new to get the bike you wanted they're really not crazy expensive, but hopefully you'll be able to find someone offloading one towards the end of the season.

Good luck m8

it's a fit meme

I LOVE those indicators

And the instrument cluster

end everything

I can't fully flat foot but I can get the front pads of both feet down.

Quick. An old rich guy says he'll take you to your local dealership and buy you any bike you want if he can touch your butt once. No penetration, nothing more than that. You can walk away with any bike (that you're going to find readily available, nothing super obscure) and insurance paid. What do you get?

1299 Panigale. There's a ducati dealership with them less than 10 miles away from here.

I would get him to toss in the longest maintenance plan offered as well and ride the holy living fuck out of it.

>go to social gathering with friends
>they didn't know I ride a bike
>show up on my bike
>i become the most popular man
>the women enquire about it

I like riding a bike

did he fall for the ss meme

mmx 500 from suter
easy as pie

sportbikes

if you go slow youre a pussy

if you go fast everyone hates you

Honda NM4

I just think it looks neat

who cares if everyone hates you when ur having fun and they can never catch up

Solution: get a normal bike for normal people

If you don't frequent the track then why do you have a sportbike

If you do then why do you care

>implying sport bikes aren't normal bikes for normal people

I have finally disconnected all of the fucking hoses and cables from my carburetor and loosened the clamp bolts, but it is securely held in place by airbox and engine boots.
Service manual is smug and succinct.

What do?

the rubber boots get stiff and stuck to the carbs with age. blow hot air on them with a heat gun or air dryer and start wiggling the carbs around to break them free

also use tire irons or flat screwdrivers to pry the carb out of the airbox side boot

It wiggles and spins freely in the boots, it's just moving it left is impossible because engine and moving it right is almost impossible because airbox.

That's a great idea, I'll try this.

no he heavily developed the Texas Method

stop caring

Does Veeky Forums know it exists?

yes but fit is easily distracted by the most recent meme program

>At car meet yesterday
>Cops posted up on the side of the road
>Everyone in a car crawls by playing it safe
>Bikes go by at 100+
>Cops don't even flinch

Apparenty in NJ they don't chase bikes. You fags have it so easy...

So "normal bikes" are for insecure people

you've got to pull one side of the carb while wiggling and twisting it, user.

I should note that it's going to take a fair amount of force.

Anyone put those phosphorescent light strips on their wheels, with the uv activator light?

what is /dbt/'s song of choice to hoon to on your way to valhalla?
mine would have to be youtube.com/watch?v=57NY_xUWsFY

I destroyed my left shoe because of shifting gears a bit too hard.
Is it possible to buy a rubber protection I can put for my pedal? What's the name in English for this?

I saw one in a manufacturer store but it's fucking 10€ for a piece of rubber.

Electric tape

Haha it worked!

So someone hit my bike and it got totaled. After paying off the loan I'm getting about $3700. What kind of Super Moto can I get for around 3700+/-? Worth it to finance a $5k-ish used one from a dealer?

I've owned a sport touring, sports bike, cafe memer, cruiser and now I want to try a Sumo out.. but I don't really know much about super motos/enduros/dual sports/etc..

Alright, now that I have successfully stripped the float bowl screws on it, it's time to take a break.

Gross. Don't do this. Sticky and will make the entire bike look like a POS courier special.

€10 seems fine if it does the job.

youtu.be/d3dMWMsU6NU

Have an SV650S, planing to buy another bike and dual sport bikes are capturing my interest. What's Veeky Forumss opinion on DRZ-400 and KLR650?

Buy a cb650f instead. And knobbies.

The DR650 and XR650 are years better than both.
That isnt even my opinion it's objective

DR650 is awesome but beware. It has carburetor.
Which leads me to this situation on a Saturday.

my friend has one, it survived a pretty good crash. He ripped off the fairings and it looks good.
It's small, reasonably light, has actually pretty good ground clearance, and sounds good

that fender tho....

DRZ400 with a few simple mods

Buy a JIS screwdriver

I should have done this a long time ago, but I didn't.
Good thing I have a dremel and flat head bits. It's a little scary to grind bolt on a carburetor that still has trace amounts of gasoline in it though.

First time feeling the rear slide today.

Bit spooky lads