I'm about to pull the trigger on a clean RHD RX7 in Canada where I'll probably only drive it 4-5 months of the year...

I'm about to pull the trigger on a clean RHD RX7 in Canada where I'll probably only drive it 4-5 months of the year realistically.

Please redpill me on this guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7HvPBq7WfI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can you do the rotary maintenance? If you can go for it my dude. But it's not a cheap car to own.

Do lots of research into the rotary and how to properly care for it before diving into it.

put 250ml of 2 stoke oil in for every 25l of gas.
change oil when u take it out for the spring and midway thru summer.
expect to sweat, heat pours into cabin
no cup holders
eats gas
get a boost guage. if its in good shape it will hit 10psi then flash to 8 when 2nd turbo kicks in then up to 10 again.
change spark plugs asap and do a compression test while they're in there
prepare to dump money. its one thing to own one, its another to be able to maintain it.
enjoy the sound of boosted rotary @9k rpm. its like a 1000 bee hives under the hood.

FELIX WANKEL WAS AN UNAPPRECIATED /GENIUS/

The only guy who ever asked to borrow my engine hoist was a guy with an RX7.

They are pretty bad without an LS swap

seems like everyday some Veeky Forumstist buys a rx7, cool :^

>RHD
you'll be the most special snowflake

lel
would be hilarious to swap a RHD imported fron nipland rx7

Oh you are right, more hilarious is the fact you would be making 70% more power while consuming less oil and fuel.

Ain't that just quacking crazy.

>youtube.com/watch?v=V7HvPBq7WfI

lol'd

What the fuck is up with all the RX-7 posts?

Retribution for all the GM vs Autismo GT-R shitposting. People have fianlly found what makes Weaboos get triggered, and they are exploiting it to the max.

pretty boring though :/

Then add even more power in the V8, and have a car that could kill you everytime you slightly press the pedal and turn. Make it raggity, make it look straight out of a Madmax movie prop set and drive straight to valhalla, fueled by the American spirit.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

underage b&

Is it bait, when it is true?

>70% more power
not possible without FI or cam/heads possibly even stroker

>less oil and fuel
lol are you a faggot? its not an every day car who gives a shit

There is more to a car than muh power

>Stock RX-7 dorito engine
>250HP
>Stock LS1
>350BHP
>Add a carburator
>450BHP

Lulz

can you briefly explain to me how adding a 'carburator' will increase power output by 100hp? Are you even old enough to drive?

GM cucks are mad as fuck because I hurt their feefees

nope, fastes rx7's are rotary powered

>more power
still slower

>ARGH! I WILL GET YOU!!
lol sperg more cuckold

it doesn't matter how much power you add to the Literally Shit, fastest rx7s are rotary powered :v)

watch as this post make him sperg

Rotaries hate sitting for more than a week or two, you'll want to at least start it and let it warm up all the way every two weeks or so while you're not driving it for the winter.

This.
Or just embrace the floods.

That's fucking retarded, holy shit. That much care, for peanuts performance.

If you are spending that kind of money i would say fuck the RX 7 and buy a different car! Whats your price range?

Sitting is hard on anything, rotaries just hate it more.

>Higher maintenance
>Spending more money
>Pushing it less hard
>Rebuilding sooner

>All for

>A lower mpg
>A higher oil consumption
>A lesser performance
>and the sound of a broken lawnmower
It takes a special kind of person, that's for sure.

>M-Mods!!! S/o/viet is hurting my feelings again!!!

Lol, the asshurt is palpable

Oh no, you have to spend 15 minutes every 2 weeks starting it. So high maintenance. Not like you don't already have to do that with piston engines to keep the fuel system from deteriorating and fresh gas in the lines.

Yeah, but there's no reward for the effort. It's literally an inferior engine that cost more time and money to maintain, for less performance.

but the fastest rx7s are rotary powered

>Want to buy RX-7

DON'T RETARD, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT HOW TO MAINTAIN IT, IT'S TOO COMPLEX FOR YOU, JUST BUY A FUCKING CORVETTE!!!

>Complain about Rotatory

NO YOU RETARD, IT'S SUPER EASY TO MAINTAIN, ANYONE COULD DO IT. STOP COMPLAINING.
Spaghetti

So? Horse power is not everything

thats because you are so stupid you will actually find it too complex to mantain

you said less performance user, yet the fastest rx7s are rotary powered

>implying anyone that wants to put an ls in an rx7 is over 18 or not a filipino/dudebro

>moving goalposts
GTFO and take your pushrods with you

Who is going to insure you for RHD?
I couldn't find anyone to insure a 98 sti gc8

My STI just blew its stock motor at 200k km so instead of dropping 10 grand into a new engine i figure i'll drop it into an import. I'm looking at Skyline GTRs as well. Price range is probably upwards of 14k CAD

Corporate Auto Insurance plan they'll insure anything.

Yeah that's doable it'll likely be sitting in underground parkade.

Honestly should I just look at something else like an R32 or R34 GTR? Those are on my radar too,and I mean, probably more drivable year round.. Hm..

I feel like LHD ones are even rarer here but I mean yeah I get what you were going for.

good thread OP