How do I deal with tailgaters? Is there a way to fuck their day up without getting into trouble legally?

How do I deal with tailgaters? Is there a way to fuck their day up without getting into trouble legally?

Just brake hard, works 10/10

thats a good way to get rear ended

I just slow down and stare them down, if they switch lanes I race past them until a stop light then stare at them. I establish my dominence real quick. I don't take fuckbois on the road

And it will be them at fault.

You're not some bean that drives without insurance, are you?

Use the correct lane for the speed you are doing and do not drive slower than the speed limit.

Can confirm this shit works.

speed up slowfag

Move over or pull over.

Don't get wound up in their shit, they're om their own journey. Let them rear end someone else.

Have a rear facing dash cam

Have a WAT sticker on the rear window

Speed up or change lane.

>about 1 A.M.
>driving home
>60-70 km/h there, I have no reason to rush
>about 3 cars on road, including me
>fucker behind tailgating me
>flashing me
>road almost empty, other lane from the way actually empty
>just overtake me if you're in a hurry
>eventually change lanes after a while because need to turn left in the next intersection
>fucker hits the gas and vanishes

I get it, maybe I was too slow for you, but you're bigger of a pussy for not overtaking me. given the fact that you could.

speeding up usually works, most full on tailgaters are ultimately fags who wouldn't dare go far over the limit

I like to let them pass, then tail gate them myself. Then again, I am not scared to die to put my balls inside another man's mouth.

>driving to airport on motorway
>3 lanes, both inside lanes going slow
>doing 105k (speed limit 100) in outside lane, constantly passing cars
>guy starts tailgating me
>tap my brakes to flash the brakelight
>he doesn't back off
>do it again
>still riding up my ass
>slow down to 90
>eventually traffic clears and i change lanes
>he doesn't pass
>eventually stop at traffic light
>he gets out, comes over
>smacks me in the face through the window

Anyone who rear ends you, it's their fault almost always. They can see you, they should be keeping enough following distance to stop before hitting you.

And if you drive a shitbox, maybe getting your car totaled is something you want to do? Dunno, it's your car, it's your life.

If I'm in the left lane I move over. If I'm in the left lane but following safely behind another car, I just let them angrily go around me so they can sit behind the car in front.

>doing 105k (speed limit 100) in outside lane
>smacks me in the face through the window
100% deserved

>doing 105k
damn, post mods

While you should always maintain a following distance large enough to deal with a brake check, brake checking is extremely illegal and you will be held at fault and likely get your license revoked for a number of years, if you hurt the person behind you prepare for jail time.

sounds like they shouldnt have been tailgating like a douche

Sounds like you shouldn't have been impeding traffic like an authoritarian self righteous goof.
Won't make a difference when you're put in jail for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for crashing into me.

>Going just a few miles under the limit, or almost exactly the limit
>Expects not to get tailgated
I'm not even a huge speed junky, but fuck, nothing irritates me more than people going under the limit.

It's the speed LIMIT user.
If there is no posted minimum it can only be safer and more economical to go slower.
Speed kills.

Speed up or change lanes, dumb ass

>be me
>2 lane highway
>going over the speed limit
>passing allowed
>motherfucker keeps tailgating

or my favorite

>2 lane highway
>guy passes me
>gets in front
>goes slower than before so i either have to pass or slow down
>repeat forever

Throw pennies out your sunroof

>Tfw i'm the asshole that tailgates everyone

I'll i want to do is speed desu.

How close do you need to be to be considered "tailgating"?

A lot of people change lanes when I'm driving behind them, like I'm driving too close or something.
I don't want to be an asshole... I keep maybe a car-and-a-half distance between the car in front of me.

I deal with tailgaters daily, it's very easy to piss them off.

If you're in the city and some nigger tailgates you, slow down, and if they try to overcome you don't let them, in a highway if someone tailgates you, slightly touch the brakes just to turn on the break lights and scare him

No, just engine brake.
It scares the shit out of them.

1-2 second rule. Pick a landmark like a sign and count how long it takes for the car ahead to pass it, until you pass the marker.

Wouldn't brake checking get you rear ended?

>getting tailgated

Drive faster. Maybe even just pull over for a while to calm your nerves as well.

People on o make them selves look all tough. I have tailgated every weebs with gook girl stickers and they all back down like little bitch. It is funny to watch them sperg out when high beam hits their face

>People on o make them selves look all tough
He says on Veeky Forums while making himself look all tough

I drive my truck with a ball hitch in. If they rear end me, they're going to damage their vehicle very heavily.

Fight when ?

Nigger do you even know what tailgating is

Just keep doing what you're doing and pay them no attention; if they are tailgating, their day is already fucked up

So break checking is the "right" thing to do? Bunch of fucking idiots that want to wait in side of road for few hours with angry retard,collision added to vehicle history, poor repairs from bodyshop. And for what, trying to act like an alpha on the road? I'm sorry but both you and the tailgater are dumbfucks

>I keep maybe a car-and-a-half distance between the car in front of me.

That's like 1/4th of a second at highway speeds.
Congratulations on your inhuman reaction speeds.

>drink lots of water to make my pee almost translucent
>empty piss bottles in windshield wiper fluid tank
>adjust nozzles
>drive around at exactly the speed limit
>ragefag tailgates
>ragefag flashes headlights, serves left & right
>activate
>shower his car with my precious bodily fluids
I could do this all day :)

I drive a charger, and a popular mod for these is HID reverse lights. Wire up a switch to turn them on while not in reverse and bam, no more tailgaters(at least at night when it is extra stupid to do)

kek what the fuck

kek we had one of those in our pool for months it got huge until winter

Not in my state. The traffic law boils down to
>You hit them
>You are at fault
Doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, you should be prioritizing your own safety. Do people do that? No, but it's a well designed law.

You just tap the brake to make the light come on user. You don't actually brake unless you are an absolute madman.

Do this: If someone tailgates me I call their bluff by slowly getting faster and faster. It's a win win; if they back off I've found my cruise control speed, if they keep chasing I've found someone to race!

>Doing just 5 over and thinking that is worth playing judge, jury, and executioner
Nigger, I've been tailgated doing fucking 20 over in PA but I still moved over. You deserved to be slapped.

just reduce your speed by 10-20 and watch them flip their shit in your rear window

I think you should leave Veeky Forums

>If there is no posted minimum it can only be safer and more economical to go slower.
People who go 5 under cause more accidents than people who go 5 over

source - my ass

Found the vehicle for you buddy.

The irony is laws are shifting to ban left lane hogs instead of pursue tailgaters.

Stop being a manchild and move over/speed up?

I swear to god you people are the same kind of faggot to fly into a blind rage and go "CUT ME OFF WILL YOU FAGGOT LRN2DRIVE REE" when someone gets in front of you...but your speed remains unchanged except for the 0.5 seconds you have to slow down a little to increase your following distance, if you do that at all.

Who /matureadult/ here?

>The speed limit itself is irrelevant. Your speed is regulated by the flow of traffic and the personal policies of police/the tolerances of speed cameras. Always go as fast as you reasonably can, so the people behind you can go as fast as they can, and waste fewer of their precious moments on a mind-numbing trek across tarmac. Do not rage about going 29 in a 30 because traffic is heavy or people going 70 in a 60 because you think the sheriff will suck your dick for being a good boy.
>Obstructing traffic is a cardinal sin.
>Always let people in, through, or around, no matter how "unfair" it is for them to cut in line (ie: motorcycles)
>Ignore road ragers that insist on staying on your ass, or just get away from them if your vehicle is faster (if it isn't why are you here? road ragers almost exclusively drive slow vehicles. it's why they're so angry and insecure! Cars and bikes faster than most econoboxes and trucks are really cheap too.)
>Being a tailgater yourself dont' do anything. INDICATE to overtake.
>Even if they're legally at fault when you brake check, two people are injured and two vehicles are damaged. How is that a good thing?

not him, but note
>outside lane
aka slow lane

I don't really do anything with regards to tailgaters. I am almost always doing at least PSL if not over and I try to drive in the right-hand lane (or center when there are 3+ lanes) except to pass (or left exit). When I am tailgated on the left I usually try to speed up if safe and get over to the right if possible. When I'm tailgated on the right if I am at or above the PSL then I just continue at that speed and the tailgater can suck it. They are free to pass me any time they want. I do not feel any particular pressure to speed up.

I just try to drive sensibly and predictably to minimize the odds of an accident.

that bus is pretty badass desu id drive that any day

>driving home one night
>doing 60 in a 55
>asshole starts tailgating
>less than one car length behind me
>woman pulls out in front of me
>brake hard mother fucker
>tailgater had zero time to react, flies into the back of me
>pushed me and him straight into the lady who pulled out
>she died from the impact
>tailgater tried to sue me and her family for emotional distress when the police placed him at fault.

kinda related story
>be delivery driver
>driving down road on a delivery
>change lanes to pass someone
>they swerve over without signalling as soon as I try to, so they can block me
>ok
>change back into other lane and pass
>road dead ends into a left or right turn, I'm turning right
>they try to turn right from the left lane and go around me in the opposite traffic lane
>end up having to stay behind me because cars in front of my and cars coming the opposite way
>guy is honking and shit behind me
>at next red light he gets out of his car and comes up to my window yelling about how he's going to kill me and stuff because I passed him
>he slaps my face
>pepper spray him and drive away when light turns green

Stupid shit like this happens all the time to me on deliveries. People have way too big of an ego when they're driving.

>The speed limit itself is irrelevant

yeah lemme try that one on a cop when he pulls me for doing 30 over

>Ignore road ragers that insist on staying on your ass, or just get away from them if your vehicle is faster (if it isn't why are you here? road ragers almost exclusively drive slow vehicles. it's why they're so angry and insecure! Cars and bikes faster than most econoboxes and trucks are really cheap too.)

what kinda mad max fantasy do you live in

Kek if true, if not fuck you

I usually just engine brake in my car, sometimes my exhaust shoots flames too so they get scared and pass me or slow down.

kek, if someone was road raging and got out of their car and came over to reach in through my window I'd probably shoot them

>these are the subhuman morons who are allowed to pilot 4000 pounds of metal down the road
ugh

let them pass you, take a pic of their license plate, do a reverse plate search and find their info, and go at night and smash out their windows

not legal but close to zero chance of ever getting caught unless you are a retard

If im somewhere where I can pull to the side I let them pass me
But sometimes they don't pass me, what the actual fuck is up with that? Like I'm fully over the solid line on the right with my blinker on and they're acting like I'm doing something awful and won't pass me. If that happens I just go back and go 5 under the limit until they get fed up and fucking pass me on a solid line.
Otherwise I just stay at the speed limit or a couple over and if they want to tailgate me I move my rearview mirror and pretend they're not there. I blink well in advance so if I get hit it's 100% their fault.

Back in high school we called it "Hey Asshole, Guess How Fast I'm Going". You coast until you're going like 30mph under the speed limit and when he starts to act like he's gonna pass you speed up again.

I did this once on a two lane highway in the hopes that he would pass me, dude was tailgating the fuck out of me in a 55 zone. I was going 65 and coasted down to like 30 before he switched lanes to pass me. then he got in front of me and coasted down to 30 like it was me who was messing with him, goddamn roody poos

Driving a bus takes more skill than any street car

move over

>move to WA

>walking to work
>go to cross the street, walk light is lit
>bus honks at me as it blows through the red light

>driving through roundabout
>bus cuts me off as it plows full speed into the roundabout, have to slam on brakes

>riding bus
>stops at red light
>nothing's coming
>drives straight through it

fuck buses

Damn, I've never seen any busses drive that recklessly anywhere. Other than the one time I was on a choir trip as a kid and our bus driver decided to read us a poem he wrote. While on the highway. Literally held up a piece of paper in front of his face while using the PA to read it. idk how he was steering.

>open window
>stick your arm out
>extend middle finger

>open window
>stick your arm out
>wave around a hatchet
>look fucking psycho

Yeah but now your vehicle has been in an accident, lowering the value and making it harder to sell.

Literally just reach into my back seat and take a rock from my bucket full of rocks and hold it out the window.

If they don't fuck off or go around me, then I'll drop the rock. If they keep on keeping on and trying me I start actually throwing the rocks at them. Only had to do that once tho.

I think this exceptionally shitty driving is unique to washington. Since I moved here a few months ago I've been in several other near-accidents, never my fault. Just a couple weeks ago I almost t-boned some retarded asian woman who was running a red light as I was making a protected left turn. This was like 3-5 seconds after the light turned green. Luckily I was looking as I entered the intersection, was about 3 ft from slamming her in the driver's door.

It's not even aggressive driving like in New York, it's just retarded driving. My theory is that there are a lot of international drivers there; therefore new drivers; therefore shitty drivers

Pretty sure that a felony

kek
all right, let's hear the story

I really never throw the rocks unless it seems like they really might hit my car or run me off the road or into another car. At that point I just say all bets are off and start with the rocks.

>extend middle finger
up to 4000 EUR fine in Germany

I've heard that in Germany it's illegal to glorify Nazism in any way or have paraphernilia etc. Yeah Nazis are fucked up but it seems like a pretty big free speech infringement. Same as flipping people off

>Europe
>free speech

>living in a place where you don't have the freedom to flip off assholes

usually activate the windshield washer sprayer and it spray that shit on the tailgater or as someone has mention here before if you have a sunroof chuck a spark plug out and behind

but how will i get the spark plug out while the car is running?

let him pass
follow him home
poison his dog

wtf the dog did nothing wrong

fine then poison his kids
they would only grow up to be assholes anyway

why not just poison the person directly responsible

>let's hear the story
k

>Driving down SC 45 at like 5 in the afternoon
>barely see any cars at all for the hour i'm on the road
>1 lane each way
>only going like 50mph in no rush
>fuck huge lifted XXL 37" mud tire bubba bro chevy truck appears in rearview
>eventually catches up to me
>slows down a lot, was going like 70 probably
>Get to part of the road where there's some curves for a few miles, so no passing.
>He obviously wants to go through here at like 65mph
>Slow down and take the curves at a reasonable speed
>not fast enough for him
>begins tailgating hardcore
>extra scary to just see the bull bar of a truck behind you while still going 40-45mph
>continue at my pace
>gets even closer to me
>i'm beginning to question my safety because inbred kuntry retard driving a massive chebby truck right behind me can't be safe
>keep driving
>doesn't back off
>literally within 3ft of my bumper
>reach back into bucket of rocks and grab one
>hold it out the window
>this angers him greatly
>his expression changes from blank to furious
>he starts hitting the horn and gesturing to pull over and fight or something
>decide I've had enough and drop the rock to make him back off
>rock bounces and hits either his tire or bumper
>he doesn't back off at all and actually gets even closer
>grab 5 or 6 more rocks
>he's still honking and screaming
>throw them all in 2 big handfuls
>can only assume at least one hit his windshield and chipped or cracked it because he hit the brakes
>downshift and floor it out of there
>check behind me again and see he pulled over
>suddenly become increasingly worried that he wrote down my plate and called the cops
>drive really fast on this empty road until I find a gas station
>get all the way home and don't get pulled over
>continue driving that road regularly and never get pulled over
>still drive that road wondering if I'll ever see that faggot again

it hurts them more to take away what they love

Because they'll suffer more if they live but their kids die. If they die they got off easy.

you can lock them in the basement, then the separation from the things they love will slowly kill them
and every morning you can give them a good kick in the nuts

oh man, I laughed pretty fucking hard at this. I'm giggling like a retard at the mere idea that you actually keep a bucket of rocks in your back seat just in case of tailgaters, I might have to do this