Veeky Forums-Terraria General (not to be confused with Traditional Gaming)

1.3.6 SPOILERS
pastebin.com/y9B4xqXw

>For new players getting started
terraria.gamepedia.com/Getting_started

>Wiki
terraria.gamepedia.com
yal.cc/r/terranion

>Terraria Servers
docs.google.com/document/d/1QxC8tM4dYFNzHhV7nZU2-XRYumuseGfAsXVegvDfnRw

>Soundtrack DL
pastebin.com/deHpxzQD (embed)

>Terraria: Otherworld
pastebin.com/7c9gXdiK (embed)

>MODS - Inventory editors, world generators, trainers and more
forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/119/

>TerraMap - map viewer
terramap.codeplex.com/

>TShock - Server client
tshock.co

>TEdit - World view/editor
binaryconstruct.com/games/tedit
binaryconstruct.com/downloads/

>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RQ0GvsPF
pastebin.com/u/Terranon
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/alternate-dimensions.43389/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/large-world-enabler.47751/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/worldgen-previewer.49753/
terrariaprompt.neocities.org/
pastebin.com/RbTkCz5V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Will I lose materials if I mine with dynamite?

This meteor is pissing me off.

No, but dynamite doesn't break everything. It does break meteor, though. And have fun retrieving stuff from the bottom of an incompletely bombed meteor section.

Yeah, I am going to blow it to shit.

It's in a goddamn desert an the sand is really annoying.

Roll

HAHA HOLY SHIT.

Meteor armor makes the spessgun not use any mana.

any of you guys got an indoor potion farm? I need inspiration for mine.

>mining a meteor from under sand without obsidian skull

Well, my infinite spacegun didn't fare very well against the skeleton boss.

I feel like I had a great start, I had played like 30 minutes and I had triple-jump, which made travelling really easy. But I didn't do much good.

Slime king was first boss I ran into, and he absolutely wrecked me. Then I went to mine in evilcaverns with dynamite and the wormboss there fucked me over. I feel that there might be something I am doing wrong here, how do I get more magic damage?

see if you can beat a goblin army to get a tinkerer that you can use to reforge stuff for better offense. trying to get as many gems as you can also works for robes and staves

and dont sweat it, im only up to one piece of iron armor on my new file and i got killed like twenty times in my own home thanks to a goddamn blood moon

A giant eye attacked me, It was really fun fight at first, but when it went lower HP, it started dashing faster and it was really annoying to hit. I did manage to kill it though I got a shield from it.

Where can I find Goblin army?

random spawn, its a rare event kind of thing

also try looking for chests in the underground/cavern layers to find items/equipables that can help you

and are you using the wiki at all?

Except the Goblin Army has conditions. You must have at least 200 health and you must have destroyed at least one orb.

>also try looking for chests in the underground/cavern layers to find items/equipables that can help you
I'll do that then.

>and are you using the wiki at all?
I am not above it, but I feel like constantly googling stuff might take some of the fun away, I might if there is some mechanic I don't understand.

I do meet all those criteria, I have destroyed like three orbs and I have 220 HP.

use some of the references in the OP man, they'll help you out with both combat and construction

Then you just wait and hope it'll come some day.
And don't read any instructions, it's more fun figuring it out by yourself.

>A blind run player
Wow, i wish i were you

Okay, a Morrowind Expansion just happened, and the zombies killed my merchant, the fucking idiot invited them in his house, and since his house is kinda one side of the bulwark the defends my house from one side it caused a shitstorm inside my house.

On plus side, I got a amazing item that summons the piggybank, so I wont have to carry one around with a table on me anymore.

Is there some server up? I could go for a vanilla newstart dealio.

I remember seeing someone post an image of a magnet accessory that attracted all items, what mod is that from?
Also, is it safe to update to 1.3.5 on modded worlds by now?

>Where can I find Goblin army?
They send scouts to the ocean.

Parties have been shown to increase the proliferation rates of NPCs by 80%, latest studies show.
pastebin.com/RQ0GvsPF

Wheres the first 2?

pastebin.com/u/Terranon
I gave the first a wee rewrite, the other two deserve one as well. I dare you, ctrl+f "a little" in any one of them.

Has anyone ripped the multi map bit from that horrible mod, Super Terraria World? It's the only actually interesting bit of that dumpster fire, and yet jopojelly hasn't quite managed it yet forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/alternate-dimensions.43389/

Needs more prostate stimulation. Otherwise 10/10

^^^^^ Do this because as implies, it's amazing the first time

Heard world size was limited, but it isn't?

Will keep in mind for the future. Come to think of it, I don't know which butthole she'd have. Horse or human? Then again, equine could be a bit lethal.
this is very terraria yes

Completely*?

Jopojelly solves all. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/large-world-enabler.47751/
He's the only modder that makes actually useful mods. I'd like to play a multiplayer game on something as large as that. It'd be fun covering the surface in rails and tunnels, though it might need a faster rails mod to make travel times feasible.

I'd say human would be a better choice.

meant this:
, do this: and dont read instructions. more fun, as suggests

IS STARBOUND STILL SHIT

YES

Okay. Sad to hear, but okay.

one messy dungeon

Why can't you use the demon heart in normal worlds by default, anyway?

That's not messy, that is not messy at all.

come back when it branches into three different directions and just fucks everything up.

muh balance

muh annoyance

quick: mods that arent bad for first mod playthrough
i have two in my mind; calamity and thorium. are there any simple mods that would just be helpful or any more content?

Fargos is pretty useful in general.
Boss and Item checklists are good to have too, especially with both Thorium and Calamity, as they both add a shit-ton of new items and bosses.

Calamity is shittier. Start with just Thorium.
There's a bunch of simple mods I use. Shorter Respawn for those horrible expert respawn times, MultiLure to make fishing not suck dicks and BossExpertise to use demon hearts in normal worlds. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/worldgen-previewer.49753/ is nice too, even though it's purely visual.

Best dungeon color?

I like blue.

Terraria is the inferior game. Starbound is where it's at.

Starbound is going to get 1.3, another sizeable update soon while Terraria isn't going to see anymore content becuase otherworld isn't happening. Stay cucked, betas.

Every world I roll is pink.
Green with blue as a close second.

I did that in one of my worlds
It was actually kind of entertaining, although I may have already retrieved a summon from hell at that point.

>play Starbound in the early days
>get dropped on a planet to explore
>go on to freely roam the galaxy
>pretty fucking cool

>come back to game after a couple of years
>you now start out in some shitty unskippable tutorial
>get roped into the bullshit story I want nothing to do with
>everything important is now some quest instance instead of exploring planets

Not exactly jealous, since Starbound seems to get worse with every update.

How do we fix Fire Gauntlet and rocket launchers?

Alright so, Thorium and Calamity for a modded playthrough. Anything else I should add?

Get mechanical gauntlet instead. Fix'd.

Give the magma stone and it's derivatives a stronger version of the on fire debuff.
What's wrong with rocket launchers? I've never really used them much.

How do I git gud at pre-HM magic?

Spacegun is spacefun, but it has very low damage.

waterbolt.
also have a crimson world

Gems for staves and robes. Diamond staff will last you all the way.

Did not find waterbolt, before spooky skull killed me. And my world is already corruption.

Literally every staff I tried have turned out to be gray quality, I haven't found enough diamonds to make the staff or the robe, So I went with spacegun.

Sapphire staff or better is where it gets good. Tbh robe isn't as imortant; you can get the jungle magic armour.

Kill the eater of worlds. Vilethorn is pretty alright.

I should mention that you should get jungle pants either way, since robes combo w/ wizard hat and leave legs free. Also spooky skull as in a small cursed skull or as in you didn't beat Skeletron?

As in, I didn't beat skeletron.

roll roll
meme meme

roll

rol

meteor gear at the right point in the game is such fucking fun

>theres 2 sunplate clocks in the game

did they accidentally add a new sunplate clock last update thinking there was none or something?

I could try to hose but it will be on my laptop. If this has enough interest within the next half hour I'll go for it.

This will be my first time fighting Skeletron, do I need to make any kind of arena for him or can I fight at the dungeon entrance fine?

bumping with a generator I whipped up that uses a modification of terrariaprompt.neocities.org/

that was added in 1.3.5. they have different names, skyware and sunplate. it is confusing that they are made with the same items, just more sunplate blocks for one of them.

you may as well build an arena since you'll use it for other fights too. Something half a screen length - full screen length wide will do. I made mine like 100 tiles tall with 5 platform levels and ended up using it lots.

dungeon entrance is ok though. i like to have vertical mobility for skeletron so i made that arena.

Neat. Mind sharing the list of variables? I remember compiling a list of the unique possibilities from a couple of roll lists a while ago.

Suggestion, change the output when it rolls "in whichever place you want" to "wherever you want."
And "in the far edges of the map" to "on one of the far edges of the map."

I was flip-flopping on wherever/whichever, but thanks for the second fix

pic
if you have any to share, I'll add them

asd

Here's the list I compiled ages ago. Looks like you've got most of them, but I'm a bit too tired right now to properly compare them.
pastebin.com/RbTkCz5V

>mfw waiting for sea snail to spawn
it's painful, lads

Anyone have a good use for the acid dyes? I hate them so much.

Put them in a chest and pretend you've had a junkie over.

On a completely unrelated note, server where?

How do I get good at designing a base that is not a giant floating cube of similasr looking NPC housings?
I mean look at It's basically not even much but looks awesome to a casual like me.
My buildings never look like this. How do I improve?

> cloudblock hammered to make it look like a shower head
Fucks sake, where do you get the ideas for that?

This might help.

Yes.
Yes, that does help.
Thank you user!

I have been following that guide for a while. Glad to be able to help!

Are there more charts like pic related?
Or atleast an updated version of this one.
I know Boss Checklist, but that one doesn't have all the mods

You know what mod would be great to have?
Town NPC checklist!
With instructions on how to get them to come.

I sure know how to get them to come.
If you know what I mean.

Fuck it, roll

>Tremor
stopped reading there

?

>Cloud saving duplicates characters on the select screen
That's just unnecessary
Does this mean it only ever saves to cloud when you tell it to, instead of updating with the character on your PC? Because that seems kind of annoying.

>using the cloud
>ever
Why would you do such a thing?

Panic during bullshit caused by version issues while attempting to install modloader. Terraria decided to dump all the character/world files into the recycle bin for some reason, so I used the backup vanilla folder.
I decided to try out the cloud save thing in case something different goes wrong, but I won't even bother if it functions exactly the same way as copying the folder

I found a few to add, thanks!

Steam's cloud saving is apparently weird buggy shit. I ended up using dropbox and symlinks to to sync my saves between my desktop and laptop and it worked out fine.