/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Heat&Climate talkover edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/6b0fkh/dear_mojang_please_remove_feeding_chocolate_to/
piratepad.net/autismserb
discordapp.com/channels/272579382869098496/272579382869098496
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pic related:
Wanted to write about the chemical crafting experience before bed but meth.

Overview: The chem factory machine has 4 tanks, 5 user defined input sides, needs a torque input, and a heat/cold source. You also need a press machine for catalysis crafting.

To get started you need: sometimes a catalysis panel, these require the press machine and special alloy molds, which some need a tech tier alloy to make. Catalytics do not appear to diminish. You need a few million pumps, tanks do not automatically empty, there are two input tanks and the 2 output tanks that do not empty.

The lack of automatic liquid emptying, even by gravity, means that Immersive engineering pumps are a pain to use, as you need space to power and setup inputs/outputs, and control pipe connections with the 4-5 sides you work with.

And for example, and i am sure its just a temporary setup now, if you want to craft synthetic drops (for cloths, glass panels, armor, etc), there are about 3-5 stages of chemical processing with the machine. It is not simple to purge the 4 tanks with piping and setup the next stage and the machines & torque power are somewhat costly to craft repeatedly.

Picture, this setup makes glycerine drop (that can be used for cook slime balls) and the first tier fuel; reagents needs seed old (same in forestry), water, lava heat, and torque.

Reworking some of my old builds into a new collection map.

>Storage Drawers upgrades use the Fibonacchi sequence instead of powers of 2
This bothers my autism for some reason.

>implements something
>no item in the mod has a way to implement that something
I really hate this more than anything.
It reminds me of the lack of wool clothes in Enviromine.

I find it nice.

Which something? JEI explains how to craft everything. If you are talking about the catalytics molds i still found out how it works and crafts everything with jei, just anvil setups for molds are indirect.

>7 posts in 3 hours

Isnt there rules about setting up generals for dead games like this?

For some reason i want to try botania. I feel like I've burned out on magic mods, especially on thaumcraft and gang. I want to try something different but i can't seem to find anything other than botania. Just saying this out loud makes me feel like a fag coming out of closet.

Please /mcg/ share your wisdom with me. Should i use botania?

Which is the best mod pack to try in the technic launcher? I haven't done much in the modding scene.

tekkit classic/lite/legends
blightfall

Recommend first getting into the modding scene. Know where the mods are from and read their abstracts and crafting wikis before touching any modpack.

i like that orange and grey one in the distance

I don't like it. If you want something a little different try Embers, Roots, and Goetia by Elucent. Those are cool, recently started playing a pack based around those.

>not 1.7.10
why are you forcing me out of my comfort zone?

Is that an older build on the picture? I think it could use a bit of depth for the walls.

What's the name of the mod on the OP image?
I have a fetish for fluid manipulation.

Because you're not gonna find a lot of new shit in 1.7.10 you haven't played with already.
Plus, some of the vanilla features in 1.10 and 1.11 are kinda cool.

any of you faggots know how to tweak the hunger value of food? I really like saltmod, but the retarded slav who made it made fucking everything wildly OP compared to vanilla

hungeroverhaul takes baked potatoes as a snack, and with one pinch of salt, turns it into a hearty meal, it's broken as fuck and none of the configs seem to have anything to do with food value

Heat and Climate, it's in the name of the thread.

Opinions? It's changed a little since this to have more essentia cost, but materials are 90% the same.

Working on finalising the Runic Update for T.Dyes.
Got the Emergency Shielding upgrade working finally, and I'm testing one called Berserker. Not sure recharge speed upgrade can be done right now

thank you homo

How gud looking should I make the railroad bridge I will build here? I'm thinking an arch bridge made with IE parts. Structural arms do apply.

>Fibonacchi
This bothers my autism for some reason.

What pack?

pls help, the recipes and the concept are so good, but fucking hungeroverhaul just makes them insane and my autism can't handle it ;-;

Do it man. Don't be biased because of what others say, or because the author is a faggot. Try it yourself before forming an opinion.

Only thing I'd recommend is that you should turn off flowers generating in the world because they're everywhere. You can grow them later from vanilla materials.

I just got Mineshafter to test out this game, possibly with some friends. What mods do I get that's multiplayer friendly and isn't a headache to implement? Should I just get a FtB pack?

All mods are multiplayer compatible due to the integrated server in singleplayer.
If dragging and dropping files and editing a text file is a headache to you, yes, get ftb. And learn how to use your computer.

>add Advanced Rocketry to my pack
>everything's fine till I open a world
>can walk around for a minute or so
>RAM usage suddenly skyrockets
>goes on till it runs out of memory and just freezes

What the fuck is going on?

meme leak

Why is it happening though?
Has it happened to anyone else with Adv. Rocketry? Could it be a conflict with another mod?

This reminded me we play the same game that this type of people does reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/6b0fkh/dear_mojang_please_remove_feeding_chocolate_to/

Not really, try checking the logs.

I suppose they're still better than LE BUTTER XD faggots.

What exactly should I be looking for? I tried searching both the acutal mod and the dependency, but couldn't find any errors with them.

Honestly its a good idea. As much as I'm sure we all would like to think kids wouldn't be this stupid, I assure you, they ARE that stupid. The less animals that die from shitty people, the better.

Resource pack idea: villagers are dark elves and the witches are ash ghouls (witches nose=the ash ghoul's face worm)

It won't be the same without
>YOU N'WAH!
>FILTHY S'WIT!
>DIE FETCHER!

Look for red code and try to guess whats the matter, it should say what mod is causing the problem, which object or which location.

>tfw I gave up on my tes alchemy mod because I couldn't get the ash yams to grow right
is there a way to view vanilla code so I could copypaste potatoes?

What kind of dumbass resorts to using "open to LAN" for smooth multiplayer experiences instead of using the forge server jar, because last time they tried the jar they forgot to allocate RAM? fug

>WHERE ARE YOU, LORD? We cannot hear you.... SPEAK to us! PLEASE!

That's what I meant by errors. There is only one bunch of red lines, and that's just reika being reika. I couldn't find anything abnormal regarding Advanced Rocketry.

why aren't you guys playing terraria instead of this lame shit?

I play both and they're different genres of games you dumb bastard.
Besides, almost no one here plays vanilla, and modded minecraft has thousands more days of content than terraria.

Also I never understood why terraria's modding community is so shit.

>why aren't you guys playing terraria?
Looks lame, sell me on it.

Does Terraria have trains that I can drive around the world and transport shit for other people or allow me to run guns and booze for myself?

No? I guess I am limited in my options then.

>replying to posts that look like they have been written by 12 year olds

Cause I wanna play a lego autism simulator with trains instead of a platformer.

Terraria is good at what it does, but it doesn't scratch the itch.

I'm waiting for steel to cook. I have little else to do at the immediate moment.

>not turning lemons into lemonade >not turning shitposts into semi constructive thread bumps

So then reika is the problem? Try removing Reika and see how it works, do so in a backup of course.

If you'd actually read my posts, you would see that the problem is only present when Advanced Rocketry is present. Therefore it is the source of the problem.

Seriously though, RAM usage goes from 3 GB to 5-6 in 10 seconds when I have it. RTG does that too, but over the course of a few hours.

Im just suggesting to try it, I havent seen any case of it doing so and I think its more likely reika is breaking something than Advanced Rocketry doing so. So then again I suggest you to try removing reikas mods and see if it works, or try asking the mod developer of Adv Rocketry.

dont remember exactly, but maybe there are rules about shitposting

is the mod open source? if so, change it and compile it, that's the only way

>Advanced Rocketry
>RAM skyrockets
I don't see the problem there senpai

>reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/6b0fkh/dear_mojang_please_remove_feeding_chocolate_to/
I see nothing wrong t b h, it's a minor, sensible change that may even have good consequences

>This reminded me we share the same thread with people autistic enough to browse r/Minecraft to shitpost about the shit kids say
>pic slightly related

extending blockCrops is all you need to do

Don't you get full access to Minecraft's source code when you set up Eclipse/whatever?

I don't know man I'm blindly feeling around here.

The general is unusually /comfy/ today desu. I dont know what it is, but I like it

Stay comfy, anons

I haven't played Terraria in years.

is /int/craft or its successor(s) still alive?
i havent played it for like two months and I'm wondering if it's still a thing even

They stopped coming here really after they realized almost no one played vanilla
Don't know where to find them now

>Stay comfy, anons

You got it.

They post on /pol occasionally

Not tonight, asshole.

Well fuck, so that mod is the cause for all the shit I've gone through then? What a shame, I haven't even touched it yet but it seems interesting as fuck and much better than Galacticraft so I wanted to give it a try.

Where can I download the modpack for Trainserb 2?

piratepad.net/autismserb

Remember to come here if you want your gregtech autism.

the fluid pipe from immersive engineering and the basic machine casing from IC2 share the same recipe, thus AE2 can't make the basic machine casing.

what do

minetweaker

JEI could help you choose the right recipe by pressing '+' on the craft set you want.

Have AE2 insert the materials into an autocrafter than can make them?

>Garden Stuff is compatible with Agricraft
This makes everything easier and more aesthethic.

>just started a new game of vanilla minecraft
>punching blocks of wood for the first time in ages
how do you get comfy, /mcg/?

Agricraft is kinda easy to learn and the crops breeding is quite fun but it works different than I tought it would. Im loving it anyway and I regret not messing with it earlier.

T E N
E
N

So I got after like an hour the 10/10/10 crops and now Im looking for crossbreeding, what are the best crops to breed?

>trying to figure out how to make shit with MineFerrisWheel
FUCK this is making me feel retarded.

nah it's pointless and gay

I heard it was kinda op, confirm/deny?

The amount of effort you have to put in to get OP crops is a lot, and there isn't a whole lot an assload of the various farmables is going to do for you.
The only cheaty thing about it is the ore crops, which you can easily disable.

That's one thing that gets me when someone says something is OP or MAWPC
The amount of resources and time that goes into most of them are pretty significant.

Yes, but then that item negates time or gameplay of shit that could be fun to do.
Getting food isn't fun and never will be fun, and having large amounts of foodstuffs has a negligible effect on pretty much everything.

It took me like 45min/1hr to get 10/10/10 crops and was enjoying it but I can see it turn tedious quickly. I could use it for ore harvesting as you need to put some time and effort to get the desired seed and then max it but it could get MAWPC as well. I think Im gonna build a room for it and make a complez irrigation setup just tohave something else to work on this map.

discordapp.com/channels/272579382869098496/272579382869098496
Links, news and help found here.

bit of a progress update on the island.
more images incoming
achieved an ae2 system, ae factory and a reactor.

>45min/1hr
That seems very slow.
Are you breeding four crops into one space between them? Also, you can breed a 10 crop with a 1 crop, and if the 10 crop was used to crossbreed into the 1 crop it will create a 5~

some sort of space rocket research erea

>decide to give agricraft a try since nipmods are neat but ultimately not very satisfying with crafting
>it focuses on harvestcraft crops
>harvestcraft
>tfw I built this pack to avoid the bloat and garbage that is that fucking mod
>tfw it finally followed me even here
>tfw it is not only the only thing that hungeroverhaul plays nice with, it is so ubiquitous that apparently this whole cool mod was built just to further its autism

i give up. harvestshit is here to stay if you want to place emphasis on food I fucking guess

Hunger was a mistake and harvestcraft is the punishment

feel like im the only one posting stuff.
post what you are working on...?

any great modpacks out there that aren't played by fucking autist like direwolf?

The one you make yourself.

>Make big square of farmland
>Fill it with crop sticks
>Plant a seed in one of the corners
>Go do something else
>Come back and collect the plnt from the opposite corner
It's quite OP

Default configs don't work like that, though, but even in that case you can make a small cross sign and abuse the watering can from Extra Utlities to get 10/10/10 crops in less than 30 minutes. Even less if you have sprinklers.

>Watering can
MAWPC