FUEL EFFICIENCY?

>Corvette C5 V8 350BHP
20MPG average
>Porsche 944 2.5 4cyl 170BHP
20MPG average
>Mazda RX-7 FC 1.3L Rotatory 140BHP
>19MPG average
How is this possible? Why are V8 so fuel efficient compared to the power they can put out?

Because to go fast they are not revving the ever living shit out of the engine.
my 5.7 litre v8 is sitting at around 1600rpm doing 100km/h.

This. High and long gearing and torque 4lyfe.

>Porsche
>has won lemans

>Mazda
>has won lemans

>chevrolet
>has NEVER EVER won lemans

how is this possible

Then what's with this fucking meme that big American engines are gas guzzling machines?

Because they don't use as little fuel as 80hp i4s

Pretty much everything gets good mileage on the highway. Romp the shit out of that V8 in the city and you'll feel it in your wallet.

>"pls pls stop reminding me Chevrolet is inferior!!"

lol

because they take more fuel for a higher output (1 ignitions per 1 rotation vs 1 per 2) plus they launch their charges out the exhaust before it burns completely. basically is like a 2 stroke on steroids

It is what you said, a meme.
A turbo 4 from subie gets worse mpg than a 3 ton escalade that also has twice the power lol

Turbo shits. New materials. Advancement in exhust systems. Better Aerodynamics design. Better fuel composition.

The third factor we're forgetting here is weight. Both those engines weight far less than the LS

Doesn't the C5 weight more than the FC and 944?

>tfw the 455hp pushrod v8 in my current car with a 3.73 rear end gets better mileage than my first car, an 04 wrx

I drive extremely aggressive in my c5z. I average 18-19 mpg, split between city and highways. I average at least 25 on long trips. Like others said you don't need to rev the shit out of it to keep it moving. Gearing and torque play a factor, combined with weight on vettes. At 80, I'm spinning roughly 2200. If that's a nice flat road I'm still averaging 25+. But once you step on it mpgs drop like a motherfucker

Different years:

-technology has improved a lot
-I believe the vette has cylinder deactivation and a lockout that makes you skip gears sometimes.
-The SAE standard has changed, I know it did in '05 or '06 but it may have several times. There's a specific "duty cycle " they run the car through on a dyno (ive seen it done at two different companies).

ecoboost gets 40+mpg

They are
Get on it and the rotary will use less gas

Americans need three super long overdrive gears to get decent mpg
No other car has gearing like that

Corvette C5 V8 350BHP
>20MPG average
Porsche 944 2.5 4cyl 170BHP
>20MPG average

Compare the corvette with 22 years old Porsche?

wew

>No other car has gearing like that

Because even most supercars aren't putting out as much torque as a Vette.

I get 27-30mpg... 300hp... And the Kei truck gets 30mpg as well... 40hp...

What the fuck man, This is it. I am buying a C5 Corvette. I was going to buy a Porsche 944, but to be honest if they are both going to cost me the same to maintain, I rather have the faster machine.

To be fair... The Porsche is going to break way more often... And cost a lot more to fix when it does.

The C5 would cost me around 150% more money initially, but be cheaper long term and a lot cooler desu. I'll just save a bit more and buy that.

C5 are pretty reliable, right?

>C5 are pretty reliable

yes, it has a fisher-price interior.

>fisher-price interior.

Awesome, I won't feel bad when I customize it to taste.

Hi Corvette shill

I am a shill because I want to buy a Corvette?

sperg more

wtf?

>b-but muh LS swap

kek

stay BTFO, enjoy being slower than a miata cuck

How am I btfo is I am spending 1/4 of the cost of a Miata for almost the same performance?

Oh well, I guess some people just want attention. Here's your (you) out of pity.