/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 14th:
1264 – Battle of Lewes: Henry III of England is captured and forced to sign the Mise of Lewes, making Simon de Montfort the de facto ruler of England.
1787 – In Philadelphia, delegates convene a Constitutional Convention to write a new Constitution for the United States; George Washington presides.
1868 – Boshin War: The Battle of Utsunomiya Castle ends as former Tokugawa shogunate forces withdraw northward to Aizu by way of Nikkō.
1948 – Israel is declared to be an independent state and a provisional government is established. Immediately after the declaration, Israel is attacked by the neighboring Arab states, triggering the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

>News
EU4 DD 09/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-may-2017.1020275/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

mayo when?

Fourth for poor optimization = quality

W&B

>1264 – Battle of Lewes: Henry III of England is captured and forced to sign the Mise of Lewes, making Simon de Montfort the de facto ruler of England.

>look it up
>the king escaped and cucked Montfort

How do you fuck up like this

Based BEU

proofs?

>faysal and yohan are advertising M&T

That's like, a confirmation to just play vanilla with a map mod.

No proof yet, but we'll see tomorrow. If it runs slower than vanilla, simply no point in playing when VeF exists if you want an overhaul mod.

"Slavery is great"
Wiz, 2017

>try to meme on SP as France
>get memed on instead

I dont know who those are...

VeF will be quickly forgotten when M&T 2.0 comes out

La Plata

If it isn't bloat, then sure. Even I'll play it. If it runs slower than vanilla/VeF, no thanks.

>Austria inherits Hungary
>Huh, I wonder what's happening in that part of the world

what

Its funny that contrarians now that M&T will fix EU4 will hate it and defend vanilla,the only semi-valid complaint is that if you have a shit computer like this guy you will probably have trouble running it.

pops=good
no pops=bad

mp from yesterday
epic teutonic hugbox

I literally have a 3k dollar PC that I upgrade monthly so that I can play grand strategy. I can host and run both Vicky and EU4 on max speed.

Thanks based RNG for keeping me relevant in this MP.

I've spent like 1000 gold on bribes and I'm still not winning the election.

What more can I do?

Then what are you bitching about? That you don't want to have too much stuff to care about? Why play grand strategy games if you want Civilization tier shit?

>Marry a russian for her lands
>This happens

I should've known better. Now the question is, do I cuck myself for her lands or do I find someone else?

kill him

>ERE
>Elective succession
Disgusting.

I don't think I've ever seen a game where Byzantium didn't end up as elective succession.

That M&T will be slow, just barely faster than the current version. If it isn't slow and I'm proven wrong, then so be it, but if its slow as fuck then it isn't going to be a relevant mod, just like PDM isn't.

Also when it comes to a mod running slow, the computer isn't the problem. The problem is lack of optimization. Random ass coding that doesn't do anything, lots of "features" that just slow the game down like "flavor" events. If you have those, at least ditch dumb paradox shit like LE COMET XD

Based HPM removed Paradox bloat, he lowered the amount of election spam. His mod runs about the same as vanilla. If Avantgarde M&T manages that, then I'll play it.

He's the most popular person in the empire. At best I can get 50% plot power.

Shitty optimization doesn't mean you have a potato, M&T dev

It not your son so you can assassinate him.

>What more can I do?
Carousing.

Does that even work if they're not a part of my realm?

>2.0 is supposed to get around a 30-40% increase depending in specs. It will never be as fast as vanilla but is a notable improve.

Dropped.

>contrarians
Actually, stats show that you re the contrarian. As for valid criticism - M&U is made by pacifist hippy drama queens and it shows.

go intrigue focus. make up rumors then kill him

Of course, as does +dip bonus you will get.

Where do I demand the Mandate of Heaven in my demands? I beat the crap out of the Ming as Oirats and took Beijing but I don't see the option anywhere to demand the Mandate of Heaven? I initially declared war for territory because I didn't think I would wreck them so badly.

>dem stack wipes though

fugg steppe life is awesome

>lack of optimization

They added more good mechanics in one year that Paradox did in EU4 with all their shitty DLC

I can't wait until all the Redditards that unironically defend modern Paradox to be BTFO tomorrow.

That's not what optimization means

is Paradox worth giving money to?

But EU4 IS shit, I'm not denying this. Bloat and Talex doesn't make it any better, it just makes it slower.

You were calling actual mechanics that should have been in EU4 to begin with "bloat",so the bad optimization argument goes out of the window.

t.EU3pro

who is faysal

REEE I just want to make Europe more aesthetic

>eu3 without bloatmods
It's so fucking fast that monthly income sound of coins can't keep up

lads. how about an eu4 multiplayeR?

>is Paradox worth giving money to

Does the fact that my husband is in hiding prevent me from getting pregnant? Also, can I stop being chaste? any other ways besides those i've already taken to maximize chances of a child?

>playing as a female ruler
Why is this so common here?
It's damn near impossible to make this happen in game unless you specifically kill off all of your male heirs for some reason.

>The brits managed to cuck themselves

W E W

E

W

i guess you are just lucky then. my useless wifes are always barren during our first 5-10 years of marriage and then they just keep shitting out daughters.

whats is the difference between protestant and reformed?
t. always stayed catholic

>wife turns 35
>still no child
>request divorce
>marry 16 year old

Is it really that difficult?

That man is the most hillarious comedian in america.

>Does the fact that my husband is in hiding prevent me from getting pregnant?
Yes, pretty sure there is a giant penalty.
>Also, can I stop being chaste? any other ways besides those i've already taken to maximize chances of a child?
Carousing and seduction have a chance of removing chastity, IIRC. Seduction is also a great way to get kids, if you don't mind losing your husband.

Are these, dare I say it, best borders?

I'd have to be very discreet
he's going to be king of two countries and i'm matrilineally married to him

How about you look it up?

>not roleplaying
i won't leave my wife because we were unlucky and didn't have male children though i might cheat on her.

>nu-/gsg/ now hates pops and complexity

What happened?

not an option

Life, specifically the mental exhaustion of having to work 60~ hour weeks.
Not that you'd know about that kiddo ;^)

my name is ma chao
i serve cao cao
i'm gonna kill madao
outside of liang bao

You're not fooling anyone

>le :^) face

i invented this about 4 years ago and all you basic fucking gamer virgins still use it. lift some weights you genetic dead end

They have had several personal unions. The current one is the result of being a lesser partner in a union with Scotland along with Ireland.

Just roleplay a cold hearted eugenicist.
Always marry geniuses and divorce them once they're past child bearing age so that you can marry a new genius.

Jokes on you, I got the (You)
I really do, I miss being able to go all night with videogames and function the following day

>implying i'd use :^) instead of the far superior ;^)

>cuck
>wew

Top Kek Wew Lad! Praise Donald Trump! Git Gud You Salty Skrubs! Praise Kek!

i wonder what you look like

Are there any perks to forming Italy as the Papal States in HPM?

Pop system is too complex for vanilla brainlets

Well, it's official.
I just destroyed the Byzantine Empire.

They had all the best laws in the game, then they elected me as their new ruler and lost all of them.

Why didn't anyone tell me this would happen? The main reason I wanted Byzantium was because of its absurdly powerful laws.

I think I'll be able to get him out of hiding, I have 200% on the guy trying to kill him

For tall runs, highly recommend Constitutional Monarchy since government was brought up in the last thread. Parliament is hardly that limiting and you can pretty much ignore it if you have enough stability to stave off corruption or give them some random law to argue over for 10 years and do nothing. Plus its the closest thing to Principate Roman government

Wrong. Also what government before going revolutionary?

Feudal.
I had so many vassals it was worth keeping for the extra money.
How'd you get the Rome tag? Console?

>game's literally begging me to blob

No thanks Johan.

Reminder,

YOUR COURAGE

YOUR CHEERFULNESS

YOUR RESOLUTION

Will bring us victory!

WE I M P E R I U M BOYS

fucking paranoid shit won't come out of hiding :(

no

Wait, I'm France now?

>these arbitrary events

Holy SHIT, I just won four fucking wars in a row, my army is not a fucking joke. I wish the fucking coding at least checked its shit.

More or less, just removed most of the requirements in the event line. Also I took same ideas as you, though obviously not as much as I haven't reached the same point in the game.

yes

Press it, I want to see the Revolutionary Roman flag.

Quiet you.

Playing Napoleons Legacy. Is there anyway to increase accepted culture? Sitting with 1/1 even with high tech is horrible.

bravo paradox

>shithole feudal monarchy
>calling itself an empire

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm losing it France

>0 manpower
>60k army taking attrition for no reason
???

kys

I just got out of like six wars because of Russian blobbing.

Shut your whore mouth

>what are mercs

>It's just another shitty Spain run

iberian wedding happened even though aragon is rival of castille and they just fought a war...

FML

In fact, it's so shitty, it's I-bad-i

I hope your hands rot off in your sleep

Rate my Euro dynasties lads.

I mean, you had a reason to keep it (vassals), France literally has no reason to still be a feudal monarchy in 1700-6.