[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Honda San was against 2 strokes but his company sure knew how to make them edition.

Motorcycle Q & A
>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Memes & Circljerking
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Bashing
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

>/dbt/ map updated July 2017:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously, on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=82yfLEDVK1E
youtube.com/watch?v=RA6OPG_cFms
killermotorsports.com/rps-hawk-250cc-dirt-bike.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doing my Learners this weekend. Can't wait to go out on some public trails.

>Tfw naked bikes look better, but you can't imagine a way to keep basic functionality from a faired/part faired bike like useful mirrors and weighted/cruise control bar ends without making a nice looking naked look like a giant on eyed bug
>Tfw there are also concerns about bucket lights being inferior even to weird light setups like on the old FZ6 (solved with edgy modern naked headlights, of course)
>Tfw you realize the only way to have a bike that looks as good as it is to ride is to transplant less aggressive/buglike 90s aesthetics onto a 21st century machine or buy "heritage" model ala XSR900 that's $1000 more than the regular one

Fuck it, bikes are going to be ugly forever.

At least you never see what your bike looks like when you're riding it (until you come up on someone with a mirror finish on their car)

Daily reminder that traps aren't gay

u r wrong

>concerns

You are WAY overthinking this

I like traps.
And is right. You're wrong.

I actually like the look of a lot of the modern bikes as long as they don't go full edge like Kawasaki and the FZ's.

Not a fan of the beer belly headlights on the older Fz09 and 07 though, that looks like dogshit.

You can have bucket lights give good light off but they're expensive to make.

>traps are gay
>but that's okay

>>Tfw you realize the only way to have a bike that looks as good as it is to ride is to
Get honda to sell the US a good bike instead of 500cc parallel twin budget garbage.

YOU are gay, for having the sexytimes with the trap

Spanish shitbike bestbike

LED bucket lights do exist, though.

>having sex with a feminine human is gay
Ok then

Having sex with someone who has a penis is gay.
But it's ok user. No one actually cares.

if it has a dick, it's gay

>tfw very few factory supercharged bikes

LEDs dont make good headlights in my opinion.

Your opinion doesn't refute facts.

LED in a projector headlight is better than incandescent lights.

can't wait for Laser diodes

LEDs are harsh on the eyes though, especially for oncoming traffic. They also generally don't focus the light where you need it most at night.
Those new LED headlights on Cadillacs fucking kill me every time I come across them at night.

A proper projector headlight wouldn't do that but yeah I know what you mean. One of the reasons I ride with a slightly tinted visor at night.

I'm about to go motocamping for the first time /dbt/. I've got a few questions, pls be nice

I'm gonna do the blue ridge parkway over labor day weekend. How congested will traffic be? I know the BRP is popular and I'd imagine everybody and their mom will be on it during that weekend. I'm worried about how difficult it will be to find a spot to camp out, do campsites accept last second walk-ins? I'm worried I may have to stealth camp

Also, I've never camped in my life. I've got the obvious supplies like a tent and sleeping bag, but do you have any advice, tips, or suggested supplies?

I really just have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm gonna fucking do it no matter how ignorant or unprepared I am.

>I've never camped in my life
Lol good luck, do you know how to start a fire? How are you going to prepare food?

Poop before you leave.

>do you know how to start a fire?
I mean, sort of? I couldn't make one if I was naked with no supplies innawoods, but I'll have a lighter and some kindling which I know how to make a fire out of.

>How are you going to prepare food?
I'm under the impression the BRP is pretty close to civilization, I was planning on eating restaraunt food at nearby towns along the way so I didn't have to deal with bear precuations

that's the plan

The stand anchors on the axle nuts. No loosie, no adjustie.
It's a 1992 cb. I was not prepared for these square adjustor bolts/screws.
Otherwise, looks less intimidating than the manual made it to be. Don't even need to remove the tank.
Is it this gap here I'm looking for? Says "between adjustor screw and valve stem"

Traps are neither gay nor straight.

Get off Veeky Forums young man

inb4 ban

For a Definitely 18yo in the UK (125cc

Too late fag

UA B&

Smooth

@17675965
@17675991
kek nice try

Gotta ask, what was it?

The same post as here but its okay because I have actually since turned 18, I was just too eager to use Veeky Forums for the first time and jumped the gun by 2 minutes

Trap user?

just watched today's race
marGOAT is a fucking GOD

>goes out on the wrong type of tires and has to pit immediately
>almost crashes multiple times the first lap because it was still too wet
>"4d chess 200 iq Marquez"
He's said himself that's what happened, but keep thinking he's a genius. Though nobody can save near crashes like he can so anybody else in that situation would have probably DNF'd

Shitty race desu, you could tell he was going to walk away with it after 2 laps.

so if I learned to ride on some generic 300cc bike for a month, would I be ok getting a cbr600rr or is that too much?

that gives me a boner

>the absolute state of yawneha

honestly wish I had a grom. or three.

triple grom chariot.

see image

>he stand anchors on the axle nuts. No loosie, no adjustie.

Don't adjust it on the stand. Adjust the chain on the ground, like a normal person

You're trolling, huh

>a month
>wants to upgrade to a 600 supersport

This has to be pasta right, because it's fucking stupid.

I mean this is America you do what you want but that's fucking retarded. At least finish out the season on your 300 and see if you can pick up a 600rr from someone offloading so they don't have to store it for winter.

sooo... the red circle?

they fucked rossi real good but not as bad as ducati fucked slowrenzo

didn't even have his bike ready, had to wait 18 seconds for them to wheel it out loool

right?
>slowrenzo to pit
>his bike isn't ready
>15s delay
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

yes, try google and youtube, lots of visuals there for you

Also, don't push on the feeler gauge too much, it fucks it up. If it more than just drags, it's too thick to fit.

Thanks. I worked it out, but confirmation is nice.
You wot? That sounds like an even shitter idea.
.....I'll think about it for a couple days. It may work, but this is my commuter so I'm being extra careful.

Proposed shopping list for next time:
-extended sockets so I can torque everything to spec.
-block stand. And a level parking space.
-Carb rebuild kit. I've been putting this off forever, and after seeing the inside of this engine I'm sure it hasn't been touched since 1991.
-cosmetics kit. Fix fairings. Matching paint. Polish engine case
-undamaged exhaust

Otherwise, I'm quite happy with myself. Anybody else get dirty this weekend?

Yeah, fixed my friends oil/coolant problem. Bad seals in the oil cooler led to oil leaking into the coolant and he only realized once it was like a douche and he had 250ml of oil left.

Had to dismantle his entire cooling system and clean out all the hoses but it's running well now.

i mean, its just that i heard the cbr has a really smooth power delivery and its easy to ride, i assumed it wouldnt be that hard.

>once it was like a douche
Like a sludge*
Wtf auto correct

>inline 4
>Smooth power delivery

Mate you gotta be more subtle and gradual with that bait. Reel em in. Give a little tug at first. You don't yank on the pole when you get that first nibble.

Jeebus Christmas, there is nothing about adjusting a chain that needs the wheel off the ground. Watch this guy do it:

youtube.com/watch?v=82yfLEDVK1E

yes that is okay

Even Ari Henning doesn't bother with a stand. And he's a gear queer

youtube.com/watch?v=RA6OPG_cFms

> pull up next to biker at stoplight in my mr2
> look at his bike and think about how fun it probably is to ride
> he looks at me for a second
> probably thinking about how much faster his bike is

Are all bikers bullies? My car is fun too even though it isn't fast

Nah, just the pricks on /dbt/

spotted the retard who has never ridden a sport bike. 4 cylinders have smooth power delivery and 600s are easy to manage.

Nah, an MR2 isn't really fast enough for that question to come up.

lmao slowfag

Surely you jest

Go look at a 600 i4 power curve, that shit ain't smooth

>you want to go smooth so you just twist the throttle a little and bike goes from still to moving, going faster the more you twist

i ride inline4 600cc bike and this is how it works, if you wanna go really fast you twist it a lot and it goes fast

at which part is it not smooth? the high rpm? i dont notice because when i wanna go fast it happens in seconds

you dont accidentally end up going +10k rpm

im not that guy, but it varies from bike to bike you absolute moron, how the fuck do you people have so much faith in the shit you spew, knowing well its just fucking retarded. Typical american i guess.

No shit, I ride one too. They're smooth compared to a 2 stroke maybe but less linear than literally every other engine config.

>power slowly and steadily builds up from idle to 14000rpm
>no sudden jumps or peaks
>easy to limit power by either not twisting the throttle as far and/or keeping the revs low

oh okay so thats how it works from zero to 14k instantly

i see thanks, man i been riding wrong all these years by actually going through the rev range

fuckin road rash on my ass. this shit fucking sucks

wut.

He mentioned the cb600rr specifically. Look at mid 7k rpm, there's a little bit of a plateau followed by a steeper part of the curve

>non-linear
>smooth

If you hadn't have been squiddin you'd be sittin pretty right now, bukcy boy

help a noob out here dbt

im going to look at this cheap 90s honda 250 (first bike), what should I look for besides visual damage/tread/leaking issues. Would it be really gay if I asked the dude to ride with him (to check how it shifts and rides) if I don't have a helmet yet?

Yes it would

>Would it be really gay if I asked the dude to ride with him (to check how it shifts and rides) if I don't have a helmet yet?

No, thats what I did, I told him straight up I had less than a day of ride time and didnt want to mess hid bike up so we rode for a bit and he showed me that everything worked fine. other than the running light filament on one signal being out and a missing fuel line clip the bike was pretty much golden.

If he doesnt want to show you his bike works, it doesnt work.

But what if balls don't touch?

Yeah that's pretty gay, just get him to ride it up and down the street and go through the gears and get on the throttle and stuff. Make sure the engine is cold when you go to look at it so you know it will cold start okay

say that to my face on the touge not on a freeway and i'll make you eat your words

pic related
> bike that costs multiple times my car
> triggered by 10mph turns and small rocks on the road

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on KTM Duke/RC 200?
There's a sale going on where I live and pops wants to buy one. Are they reliable enough? He said he might use it to teach my younger brother too.

He's one of your Veeky Forums meetup friends, what did you expect?

You can't the 390?

They don't sell the 200 where I live, just the 390 which is same but for the engine. Lurking the boards I get the impression that it's fine, until you install a south Asian power commander rip-off that raises the redline, and then the piston goes.

ABS is an option on that one, no? It's a nice Bosch unit.

I could not fix my motorcycle.
What should I do with my life now?

Learn or die

390 is too expensive for him and I think the ABS is only available for the 390, you gotta pay extra if you want ABS on the 200.
Tbh I only knew KTM through their dirtbikes and other offroad stuff, Wasn't aware they made streetbikes too. Just wanted to know if they are a reliable brand and my dad/bro will be safe using them.

KTM is reliable

I just don't know, but I'll try to live.

why are Veeky Forums bikers slower than Veeky Forums drivers?

Because bikes take a lot more skill and bravery to go fast on the touge

>getting more confident with baiku every day
>finding absolutely breathtaking places to ride with great twisties

I think I made the right choice here

No they're not reliable

It's not Veeky Forums bikers, it's Veeky Forums meetup losers. The guy never went to Palomar before? And he's SoCal? Wat?

most of Veeky Forums has a bus pass or a camry

Is is smarter to get my motorcycle licence before i get my car licence I really want a dirt bike to work on

killermotorsports.com/rps-hawk-250cc-dirt-bike.html

Do whatever you want and get a bike that's not total garbage. Used is best for a starter imo.