/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

Fell for the alluring skull meme >1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QREjeBF-bQA?t=146
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/194568
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i fucking hate how literally everything other than what i'm using right now is overpowered

>have all these things that indicate unembered is the baseline
>b-but muh fall damage

Oh, dear Brother..

Yeah that was the idea, invade while cosplaying the desert pyromancer, but both whips and flame fan seem to be ineffectual against anyone spamming R1 with their giant weapon of choice.
Jesus christ i don't want to be another one of the faggots swinging around gaels or some shit.

This is now a dragon thread.
Post dragons.
Knightfags need not apply.

Summoning again Claytus

god fucking damn it AoA is fucking cancer

d-did you guys get the dragon
sorry ; _ ;

i have no idea what happened, he wasn't even animating on my screen. did i even do any damage?

*blocks your path*

>have all these things that indicate that unembered is the baseline

Well what do you have? Because all you told me was how you "felt" it was that way because of the thoroughly subjective difficulty.

Show me some damage calculations that treat unembered as the baseline.

Until then, I consider the way fall damage is calculated and the fact that DS3 health system is almost exactly the same as DeS' except the percentages between your default embered / body form hp and the penalty from losing it as proof that Embered is the baseline :

youtu.be/QREjeBF-bQA?t=146

are you Safety?

Are dragonsis, yorshka, and priscilla acceptable?

Bloodborne's officially spoiled me for eldirtch abominations. Why didn't they do anything with Aldritch and his Deep? It seemed like there was shit just waiting to be done with it.

>these fucking Millwood Knights
At least you pushed the tree down

Does the Dark Hand level with int or faith?
I'm gonna try and give the Dancer a nice spank session since there's no fucking Faith weapons early in the game.
I'll have to get the SSS.

knocked the tree down, Claytus. summoning

yes

>Show me some damage calculations that treat unembered as the baseline.
x1.3 for embered

>think you'll finally bring up a second point as to why embered is baseline
>muh fall damage!

what do you wankers want to trade for Friede's Great Scythe?I need em!on pc

what did he mean by this

you just stood in front of the dragon somehow dodging literally everything he threw at you and help whacking it for 1.2k per swing and then did a 7.5k damage riposte

Dark Hand scales with everything

ur mum haha

>x1.3 for embered
What is the context here?

Well fuck me, there's barely anything that goes well with dark mask.

your embered HP is 30% more than your hollowed hp

redpill me on curved swords

Yes.

I liked the setup with the warlock mask more to be honest.

Alright, at this point you're just trolling me.
Whatever, if you have absolutely no facts to back up your argument then this conversation is over.

>there is no dragon torso crystal

they're to dark souls as curved noses are to the reality

water some fun builds for a knight class

Straight swords with shorter range and usually worse weapon art than stance.

he's someone else
how is stating facts somehow trolling

but hey, bring up your fall damage again!

am i fashion yet?

But an infinitely better running attack.

I see. I'll keep trying, but I'll go back to that setup if I don't find anything that looks good enough.

Ok guys, I'm currently rocking this bad boy on my strength toon and it's pretty fun. Should I make it Heavy or is vanilla just fine? I got 9 dex and won't be investing anymore because dex is for fags.

>court sorcerer hood
No

water some fun builds for the knight class
is deprived a bad starter
do i have to min max if i want to pvp
i want something special snowflake but not trash

holy shit my sides

Summoning at Chapel now, Claytus

i think there is a Pyromancy on the floor of this shit room, so lets try getting that

Sign is down

Would this build be salvageable for low level PvP or is it already a lost cause?
Just started DS3 and have no idea what the meta is.

Eh not really, your stats are all over the place

Where exactly are Katanas on the weapon spectrum in terms of damage?
Above straight swords?
Above GREAT swords?
Below Axes?

ds3 btw

>hey, bring up your fall damage again
I think that damage calculation formula for a type of damage that's consistent for all character types regardless of protection used is a fairly decent one.

If there are other percentage based damages that are exclusively based on your unembered health, let me know!

If we could get someone who actually goes in-depth into how the mechanics work, we could get an answer for this but in the meanwhile based on how it's in DeS and the fall damage calculation being the sources I have to go with, I'll retain the impression that embered is the default state and unembered is a PENALTY. I'm not demanding that you accept this as fact.

man what a fun build to play against haha

Low level PvP meta is dumping points into VIG and using standout raw/high base damage weapons.

What would you say I should focus on?
Str/Dex or pyromancy?

and you can remain your incorrect thoughts, just don't sperg out when someone tells you that you're wrong

Devs want to call it a bonus, it's a bonus. The enemies and bosses are balanced around unembered health just like DeS anyway.

do you think Hawkwood was being serious here?

Maybe the Legion only look gloomy and cold, but inside their keep they're adding alcohol to the Wolf Blood and having wild parties.

What are you guys doing? I could help if needed.

Perhaps this is just my bias, but I feel like DaS3 has a feeling of "wow I'm so strong now!" when you ember after a long downtime, but in, for example, Demon's Souls, you get a feeling of "i'm glad i'm back to normal" when your health comes back, and when you're at minimum max health you just feel weak as shit. I think this feeling comes from how the enemies are balanced.

Got the Pyromancy, Claytus. Summoning at Chapel again

it just makes it more depressing that they fell to the abyss, maybe thats why hes depressed

>tfw you had to become a dragonsis to get knight senpai to notice you

AoA and Friede. PS4

Going through AoA on PS4 right now but I died and he hasn't summoned me back.

what sl

I think the devs want to call it a bonus to not scare away people unaccustomed to the punishing DeS health mechanic.

So for those people it's easier to accept that "oh, I'm not LOSING any max hp, I just don't have my BONUS hp!" even though you can't summon while you're unembered and for all intents and purposes it's handled like the health mechanic in DeS, only with the numbers adjusted to be more reasonable.

Ree how do I beat door shield

Shut up. It's bonus health.

Best chime for healing spells?

Planning a healslut build to co op with my newbie friend

60 ish I believe

Can Whips be infused? If so, what would be the best weapon/infusion for a Simon Belmont build?

Also what items should I use as the sub-weapons

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/194568
R8 my surprise lightning flynndragon build!

I think Yorshka's Chime has the highest spell buff if that's what you're after.

Well yeah, in Demon's you WERE weak as shit in your Soul form. 50% health decrease is the reason the Cling Ring existed in the first place, and with the Cling Ring your health was capped at 75% of your max health which was more or less the same as what DS3's unembered form is.

>but I feel like DaS3 has a feeling of "wow I'm so strong now!" when you ember after a long downtime

That's intentional from the devs I imagine, it's probably supposed to be encouraging players when they see their characters burst into flames and get their full health back (or bonus health however you want to look at it)

DeS Soul form also made it so that your footsteps don't produce any sound. While I think that having gameplay differences for Soul and Body form other than the hp was theoretically a nice touch, I personally like being able to hear my armor rattling and so on.

Having worked at sales I think that's just them intentionally wording it so that they don't scare away newbies. Technically you can also argue that the body form in DeS is a "bonus" but in reality the soul form is an intended penalty for dying.

Let me know when you reach Friede

Yep, thanks pal

Just got to her

Yorshka's is only best after 45 faith, though
Saint's talisman before that

I gotta take a shit, Claytus. btw I did get the parting flame, but not the other one.

>DeS
You start off in body form, so losing half your health after you die for the first time is a penalty
>DaS3
You start off unembered, so gaining ember health after killing Gundyr is a bonus

It's bonus health the same way DeS body form was bonus health.

Im the host, we are at her

pw is Taaka

Im SL59

lf only l could be so grossly incandescent..

*gently knocks*
DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN?

You need to go through that fog gate we were at and beat an NPC for it. You gotta do it yourself though, it won't let me in.

Can anyone on PS4 help me with Champion Gundyr?

My character is SL 30 with +2 gear, need Prisoner's Chain for a cancerous invasion build.

I can if you don't care to wait a couple minutes.

Kite shield or K***ht shield?
Both are slightly similar but there's some aesthetic look to each and it's hard to choose.

I'll be aking a STR/FTH build too

Using an ugs how do i deal with fags who just keep rolling and spam parries when i swap to straight sword?

Should i just use a halberd since they practically can't be parried?

>You start off in body form
The actual game starts you off in Soul form.
The tutorial is meaningless because you literally can't die in the tutorial unless the boss kills you in which case they punt you back to the Nexus.

But the player cannot avoid getting killed in the tutorial so the real game starts you in Soul form and you recover your body form after that the first time when you kill Phalanx.

>You start off unembered, so gaining ember health after killing Gundyr is a bonus
The thing is : Gundyr is a mandatory boss to defeat unlike Vanguard. If From would've made the boss a "fuck you" like they made Vanguard into, a lot more players would just throw the game out the window right there if they got killed, their health decreased and they were forced to have a go at Gundyr over and over until they killed him on decreased health.

The mechanic is still a penalty for dying, it just kicks in after you kill the mandatory tutorial boss.

>there are people dedicated to making your life miserable as you're just trying to play the damn game

>STR/FTH
Lothric Knight Shield/Black Knight Shield

See
Now go help him clear bosses so he can grief you!

>Running R1 curved sword nigger
>Running R1 katana edgelord
>Turtle
>Running R1 Curved greatsword faggot
>L-arrow spammer
>Running R1 Curved greatsword faggot

What the fuck happened? I don't mind the weapon classes really, but this passive faggotry is really getting on my nerves.

It's not that i lose either, i usually beat them but its boring as shit to play against

pls help

Works for me jolly co-operator.

Password is DSG.

Sign down