Alright Veeky Forums, my driver side rear tire fell off as I was driving...

Alright Veeky Forums, my driver side rear tire fell off as I was driving, luckily I was turning into a store parking lot and peope came over to help. It was a pretty quick thing so I didnt take any pictures, we just got the car lifted up and put the tire back on, but the rotor was sitting on the ground. What kind of damage should I expect to find? Its night right now so I wont check it out until the morning.

Pic related, but not my car

How did that even happen? Did somebody steal your lug nuts?

Just get a new rotor, faglord.

It happened to me once as in I was on the receiving end, dudes tire came off on the fucking freeway, hopped the barrier, and slammed into my grill and over the hood

Op, other than body damage probably the rotor and suspension arm and whatever may have scrapped on the ground

>Over the hood
Over the roof. Luckily it hopped over because that shit woulda fucked my ass up if it hit the glass

you're going to want a new rotor, and since you're buying 1, buy 4, and install all 4. trash all 4 old rotors. you'll need a wheel alignment too. check to make sure other shit isn't fucked up and figure out why your wheel fell off. there's youtube videos for lugnut stem replacement tutorials if they broke, can buy new stems from auto parts stores. keep your receipts in case you want to sell the car.

>driver rear

Probably not much damage. Only, as people said, some rotor damage. If part of the knuckle touched the ground you would see some light damage but you wont even feel it since its in the rear anyways.

They must have been loosened somehow, all the other tires lugs were on normally and I think I would have noticed if I was missing them. I went from work to a store, then from there to another and thats when it happened. I heard the rattling but I was so close to the store I figured id check it out in the parking lot then bam.

>calls a wheel a tire
Is this an amerishart thing?

This. Also because it's a Mercedes, judging by pic, you will need to replace all four sets of pads as well. They are designed to wear at the same time and be replaced at the same time as rotors.

just calling it a wheel is equally retarded. Loosen up yuropoor

Holey Moley those are the most substantial digits I've ever gotten

> hurr durr this amazing thing happened thats a once in a lifetime thing but I didnt take any photos

kill yourself shitposting faggot
> pic related, not my actual car but EXACTLY what happened to me

Look at the picture. No studs. Looks like a Honda too

Mercedes uses lug bolts, not lug nuts.

Disgusting and inferior

THE FUCK THATS LIKE FINAL DESTINATION SHIT, HOPPED THE BARRIER FROM ONCOMING TRAFFIC STRAIGHT AT YOU

HIS TIRE SHREDDED AND THE RUBBER WENT FLYING OR THE WHOLE WHEEL CAME OFF

quints speak the truth, fuck off yuroniggers

Probably just the rear rotor will need to be replaced.

Replacing all 4 is totally unneccesary. As long as they are replaced in pairs you're good, but who the fuck would sell you a single brake rotor anyways

>who the fuck would sell you a single brake rotor anyways
I see you have never been in romania

Whole wheel came off at 65-70mph, lugnuts fucked off for one reason or another

>for one reason or another
an enemy did this

Rotor is probably fine if it's not cracked or flat spotted. If you drove on it home with no funny noises it's probably good. Check for any obviously bent suspension components like hubs and control arms, and get your alignment checked over.

YOU KNOW THE KIND OF BUTTERFLY EFFECT SHIT HAS TO HAPPEN FOR THAT TIRE TO COME AT YOUR CAR GOING THE OPPOSITE WAY ON A SPEEDING HIGHWAY

SHOULDA BOUGHT A LOTTERY TICKET RIGHT AFTER, USED UP ALL YOUR BAD LUCK

Not sure what enemies I would have had at 19

Nah just bad luck. It was moderately busy so it woulda hit someone. Also was 19 so couldn't have if I wanted to

>muh replace in 4s
>muh replace in pairs
Both just cash grabs.
>muh uneven braking
Unless you commute on a drag strip it's unlikely that your rotors will wear evenly anyway.

>taking a risk like this with your brakes