Stop me from killing myself. wtf do i do? when this was a meme, i bought in at $.45 each and had a limit sell at $.53...

stop me from killing myself. wtf do i do? when this was a meme, i bought in at $.45 each and had a limit sell at $.53. Next day market opens at $.52 and it all goes downhill from there. Do I take the loss? I'm such an idiot. 18 years old, invested $4.5k in stocks and have lost $2.1k from it...

Other urls found in this thread:

delcath.com/profile/jennifer-simpson-phd-m-s-n-c-r-n-p/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everyone said to sell and not hold overnight.
Sounds like you got greedy.

big deal losing 2k. actually it's ok that it happened, cause you learned from it.

i've straight up wasted much more money than that, but i didn't kill myself over it.. so don't trip

you should try r9k

Alright you rube.

Step #1
1. Stop trying to make money on individual stocks. You cannot effectively do this unless you go to the business and inspect it personally. Even then, the people who do this professionally only barely break even, often coming in behind the people holding index funds.

2. Buy index funds instead, these are funds comprised of stocks that make up the top 500 or so companies of the US economy. Funds that seek to track an index, like the Dow or S&P500.

I recommend $VV, but wait to buy in, the world will be scared when Donald Trump starts re-negotiating trade deals. Their fear will become your profit, but only if you do not succumb to the fear yourself. It is often hard to do this, as fear is very effective at making people sell or not buy at all. Buy the dip.

3. Get the stock at the price you want.
4. Do exactly the opposite of what Jews say. Advertisements on financial websites saying "buy!" are just that, advertisements. They are literally wrong more than 50% of the time, doing exactly the opposite of what they suggest is more profitable.

5. Funds that aren't tracking an index pay a "stock broker" to make trades all day that barely net them any real growth at all. Any gains they do make are stolen because you have to pay the stock brokers to make the trades all day. Index funds are the absolute best way to go, unless you can do the real work and inspect a business yourself. The fees going to the stock brokers are called "management fees". Indices rarely change, so all that is required is a janitor to make small changes to the portfolio once in a while, check for low management fees on your index funds.

Unfortunately I don't have any advice related to you getting taken advantage of by a bunch of kikes on Veeky Forums. If you buy individual stocks you are GAMBLING.

Serious newbie question here. How the fuck was this stock trading for >$3000 a share and is now trading for pennys?

Please explain

i dont regret holding overnight. i was literally off by a penny and didn't change it

id only kms if i lost all my money

thanks for the response. ill look over it in a sec as I'm a bit preoccupied

this is why I kind of want to hold on to it and see where it takes me. I haven't lost till I've sold, right? i dont mind waiting a couple years to see a x5+ increase

prolly adjusted close price after like 10 reverse splits

reverse splits
is it an leveraged ETF? those lose value over time

Fraud, or perhaps a pump & dump.
Generally fraud, though.

do you even know what this company does you dumbass? don't stick to your bad decisions

newfag here want to start investing.

>How long do you have to wait between buying and selling stocks?
>Does it differ by country/stock exchange?

I blew up my account the first time I ever invested. If it isnt for you then do something else with your money. If you want to keep at it quit being a bitch and rethink your strat.

>investing in Chemotherapy companies

Mmmm yeah..
>-60% this year

Jesus fucking Christ OP.

>it has a female CEO too
delcath.com/profile/jennifer-simpson-phd-m-s-n-c-r-n-p/

OP you're a moron.

>market capitalization less than $1mil

You deserved this, OP.

Put like $200 in it and let it sit there and pray to babby Jesus it goes somewhere other than down.

The company is also only employing 35 people.

Donnow man, figure it out.

look, don't do this ever again. if you are going to invest your money you need to see stocks as businesses and not as a lotery. For example, I can hold a stock that is losing 10%-15% because i have studied the company and know what they are doing, which makes me confident about the possibility of the stock going up. However, what you are doing is pure gambling because you have no clue of what is going on with the company. I think you should sell, assume the loss and start studying or really get out of financial markets for your own sake.

Don't listen to biz do the opposite. Gamble harder. Lump summing over night is stronger than averaging

This is the truth. Indexing only works if you have a shit ton of money to begin with. If you're just starting out with ANYTHING sub 500k the only way you can make any worth while money IS to gamble. The key is to gamble SMART. learn how to mitigate (and outright cut) losses and hedge risk properly. Build a toolkit (ETFs, Bluechips). LISTEN to everything, but TRUST nothing. Always do your own Due diligence and follow your own instinct rather than the words of others. Be it analysts, stocktwits, msn, Bloomberg, or fucking Veeky Forums. Remember. NOBODY knows what the fuck is going on. Being able to thrive in chaos is what is necessary to succeed in this game. Best of luck, user. You'll need IT more than anything.

Are you me? I will burn my eyes tonight consuming purely market

buy defense
buy crude oil
buy mining

sell out buy AMD

great advice, but this guy doesn't have enough money to start investing, he should be spending the money on increasing his personal earning power.

i should have taken this advice.

im taking a gamble on this and holding these shares. i will go down with the ship

>buy crude oil
>buy mining

If Trump approves more drilling then there's more supply on the market pushing the supply of oil down. The only potential upside for oil prices is Middle East instability and there's virtually nothing working for mining.

>killing yourself over a 2.1k loss
>when you're 18
Its a grain of sand on your financial timeline. Take it as a lesson not to gamble on memes

i was clearly kidding. im not even that upset at the losses.

try r9k
short doge
or suck dicks

>i was clearly kidding
kys

>if you barely have any money you have to gamble it all away

wew lad

killing yourself over $4k. that's pathetic to be honest bro. you can earn minimum wage and make it back in a few months. just learn from your mistakes and move on. you can't change the past, but you can change the future.

>buying a stock that trades for less than 50 cents

just don't put money in the stock market at all if you are stupid enough to do this in the first place.

there might be some hope.
reddit.com/r/pennystocks/comments/5rcrk8/for_those_long_in_dcth_very_good_news_in_ceos/

>finally got into Robinhood after the new year
>invested what little I could
>5.65% gains so far

>cutting down epa regulations
mining will boom again soon. many companies use a significant portion of their funds just to fight EPA regulations.

wow, are the people posting in this thread actually retarded or just memeing i can' tell

You did not invest, you speculated. Do not speculate with money you can't afford to lose.

There is no easy money my man. Read more (books, not here)

>Listen to me newbies, I'm what they call an authority
Sorry, I couldn't hear you over all the diarrhea coming out of your mouth.