m.youtube.com/watch?v=rxd1BiuQ4VI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgKt6lCICuM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A E S T H E T I C

youtube.com/watch?v=9J3jVlunQ6U

I miss the b-bodies

I can't.

>dat tow package

>handbuilt, has power windows, six way power seats, transistorized radio, power vent windows, air suspension, central locking, air conditioning, automatic headlight dimmer, 345hp, bigger than 21st century condos, and costs more than a Rolls all in 1959

The 86 Fleetwood of course

I hate GM but 1996 and before they were ok

>RWD v8 impalas / caprice
>roadmasters
and other rwd landyachts.

Post 96 its fwd v6 bullshit

>Name a better American luxury barge than the 96 fleetwood

96 Fleetwood doesn't look enough like a spaceship. 57 Imperial.

they were ahead of the industry curve.

GM was always ahead of the curve. the Aztek alone predicted modern SUV design.

shame we didnt stop it before it was too late

Isn't that a '60?

YES

dang

shit you're right, at least the pt cruiser didn't predict modern design though

70s and 80s barges were a lot more comfy. The 90s Cadillacs are nice, but not nearly as cozy.

I drive a 92.

Also, Northstar is SHIT.

I drove a 90s seville with northstar in yurop since they are preety common cadillac model over here. The engine itself is great (even jeremy clarckson loved it) but the reliability really makes this engine look bad. Also sevilles are fucking great cars

When it comes to being a daily driver, reliability sits above all else. Horsepower doesn't mean anything if you've blown a head at 105k miles.

Any lincoln ever

>name a better piece of shit

Yeah I get that but cadillacs and other v8 cars(especially american cars) in europe are almost exclusively weekend cruisers except the new ones. Thats why I wanted to buy it even though I know about engine problems.

Definitely check for a gasket leak then. Northstars are notorious for blowing heads.

1959 Cadillac Brougham. It doesn't look like a 59 because it was modified by a third party like the Chevy El Morocco (pic related). They were special order. Only 99 were ever made and it's a very rare and valuable classic.

The Brougham was more or less the inspiration for the 60 Cadillac and was used as a template to tone down the more flamboyant design elements in the 59 model. Best way to identify it is the the windshield. The 59 and 60 both had the wrap around windshields, while the Brougham has a more conventional windscreen similar to what was used in the 61 and 62 Cadillacs. The reason it was ditched on the Brougham (and all models starting in 1961) was to make it easier to get in and out of the car.

If Europa is so great, why don't they have luxury land barges?

Hit me with the memes bro! Meme it up. I'm sure you can come up with something.

Yeea boi

youtube.com/watch?v=EigJD7T0AZc

Because while the world was reeling from WWII, America was still high as fuck snorting the radioactive fallout from the nukes we dropped on Japan. What better way to assert your dominance in the world than having your citizens drive 19 ft long finned monstrosities while other nations had to be content with public transit, Vespa scooters, and tiny practical cars. Where of have we to have been because for? It's basically just a giant dick waving competition where size really doesn't matter because if your dick is bigger than ours, your argument is invalid because industrial superpower.

Let's also not forget that Europe's streets couldn't handle them. They're just too big here.

>Cadillac

Disgust.png

fuck yeah 70s cadillac

>

So was "Triple Black" simply their standard color black or did they have a regular black and also a triple black?

I'm a fan of the Imperial LeBaron.

If I had to guess that's referring to a black exterior, a black interior, and one more thing I don't know which.

Narrow streets.

Yeah. But they really didn't drive that nice. Other than just rolling down the highway, they were kinda sad. That's why honda accords and Yoda camerys took over. Pre 96 gm, ford, dodge were all RWD cars that handled like fwd cars and had 120 wheel horsepower.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeit

I like this

I've had a hard on for 1st gen Panthers for as long as I can remember

if not the northstar engine those 90ies-2000s caddies would be nice. I would even get one in europe

install LPG bud.

what other anons said+ cuckery and love for diesels and the SUPERIOR EUROPEAN CARS feels, + insane gas costs. The lowest grade petrol you can get in EU is 95 octane, and yes it costs like 1.10 euro per liter, so that would be like 5 bucks a galon or so.

it predicted the quality

second gen town car is best town car though

I think lpg is pointless in my case. Im not concerned in fuel economy since its purpose wouldn't be DD but just a hoby vehicle. Its just that a few years back I could afford that caddy(always wanted one and Im a huge cadillac fan) but shortly after test drive a few financial troubles accured and I still haven't fully recoverd so thats the reason I cant buy it. The biggest expense would be insurance, taxes, and registration and I just dont have the money at the moment to pay more for the government bullshit yearly than the car itself is worth.

I win.

Any Lincoln or Cadillac during their V12 and V16 eras.

youtube.com/watch?v=fFT5y8USaFo

They sorted most of the engine problems later in the production(after 2000s) so if you can afford a dts or seville you would be probably alright. But when it comes to fleetwoods you can also find them with reliable 5.7l and (if Im not mistaken) a 4.9l.

I used to really like them, after 10+ I started losing interest. Still have my Town Car though.

And black vinyl top

true, but a cadillac eldorado is roughly the size of a mercedes sprinter and people can drive sprinters here, it has a better turncircle though because the wheels are more on the corners

hnnnng

Same with S class and 7 series and other german big cars

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9J3jVlunQ6U

Damn i posted the wrong link

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rxd1BiuQ4VI

Especially great with the biggest production V8----> fucking 8.2 liter

No love for the impala?

My negroid, you're not alone. I'm considering getting one soon and stroking out the lt1 to 396

chrysler 300m, the apex of egg shaped design

Yeah its great but not really luxury

Transit vans are fit down every hole that you could find in Europe.

I driver with skill could get an ameribarge most places.

I drive a Ram on roads designed for the average Jap car and the only problem I have is the 7 point turn it takes to get in and out of my yard.

Learn how to reverse park and your life is much easier.

>The biggest expense would be insurance, taxes, and registration

If you're in England then there is classic car stuff for this type of scenario. They are so cheap that your biggest expenses would be in keeping the thing running.

>I could have afforded it a few years back

I don't think you know what it is to actually afford something. Sure you could have purchased it, but not afford it.

fuck its like an american au falcon

I'm from Slovenia so it has to be 30 years old to get classic car 90% discount on registration and insurance. And yes I could afford that car and all of the other expenses, the problem was I lost a substential amount of money 3years ago. In those 3 years taxes, insurance doubled or almost trippeled for cars with bigger engines than 4 litters and cars with horsepower figures above 200. Im still saving for the car but with bigger registration fees every year I just cant catch up. Also american cars are getting more popular therefore more expensive. Today I can purchase the car itself but I cant afford the running costs like I could 3 years ago so I know very well what means you can actually afford it.

Oh yes....

Oh yessssss

1975 Cadillac Coupe de Ville.

These are comfy as fuck, I'd DD one if they didn't have such awful reputations for poor reliability.

my heart is broken, my 300m died recently.well, not died... it needs a new camshaft sensor and new rear sway bar and new front control arms and new shocks and new tires

This is such a glorious machine a friend of mine in yurop is restoring one, even with the same red exterior coulor and white vinly top. Also has 8.2l beast of an engine

9th gen Continental was comfy as fuck.

dat digital gauge cluster

But not as good as the cadillacs of the same era

I've driven both a 99 Continental and a 97 DeVille extensively and prefer the Lincoln.

idk why but I really like the 2008 lincoln town car, while it's not as large of a barge as others it's still got a classic look to it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgKt6lCICuM

My 88 Town Car. Power windows, smoker windows, locks, and seats, 5 way sound with tape deck and optional CD player, automatic climate control, automatic headlights, digital dash with trip computer, 4 speed auto with automatic OD. Cushiony ride and automatic pull down trunk. 5.0 302 with lots of performance compatibility.

So when are 90s barges going to appreciate in value?

I had an '85 Grand Marquis growing up with the red velvet interior. Even that was comfy as fuck.

i love the bench seat
comfy for DAYS
but why 2 turn signals?

One to turn right and one to turn left, dumbass

Think one was for the wipers and the other for turn signals and high beams.

Red velvet interiors need to make a comeback. They're comfy af. Bench seats too but I don't see that ever happening.

Where are you from man and what model year your car is

Hopefully soon, I hope the same happens with 70s and 80s barges aswell

basically any of them

mid 90s cadillacs were trash.

1996 Lincoln Town Car was far superior.

>5.0L v8

>150HP

how did they even get such a small amount of power out of 5.0L?

By not using a performance cam or heads/intake/exhaust.

The smog engines retained most of the torque though, so basically they drive like quiet diesels.