Change clutch master cylinder

>change clutch master cylinder
>clutch now feels like a whole other car

I fucking hate this, why does this happen? Every time I change master cylinders this happens. Is it because I am not using the same brand?

Seals go out and the cylinder wall pits letting fluid pass the cylinder, newer seals prevent this and make the clutch feel different.

Did you bleed the air from the lines and the slave cylinder?

yes of course, you cant use them if you dont.

>Not using factory OEM parts and fluids.

Degradation changes how the clutch feels over time.

I've driven same vehicles with similar mileage and the clutch pedals will feel slightly different.

When I first got my car, clutch pedal went to the floor when I was coming off the highway (thanks Nissan) and I swapped to a stainless steel flex line, pedal felt TOTALLY different.

pic not related

>Clutch is losing pressure
>Only catches halfway, have to pump sometimes
>Slave cylinder piece has ripped
>Get new one on warranty
>Replace
>Bleed
>Clutch has less pressure now and gears are impossible to change without pumping the clutch 20 times

Are there quick-take up ckutch master cylinders like those used in brakes?

Ricer at my work swapped the quick take up brake master cylinder on his TLX with regular and complained afterwards it felt different.

>every time I change master cylinder this happens
Uh, how often are you doing this? Do you bench bleed them?

Once every 100000km

Check the master then...
But more likely,
You bled it wrong and it's still full of air.

Why? My car is at 350k miles on the original one and it works fine

I like keeping shit fresh. I bet you don't even change your coolant.

I do and I flushed my brakes last weekend but my clutch slave works fine

Master was replaced right before, and no air comes from bleeder valve at all.
It takes me pressing the clutch in about 15 times sometimes to get it to start.
Some family has said that it could be the pressure plate since it shakes hard in first.

I still think there's air in there or you still have a leak. All it takes is one tiny bubble of air and nothing works

Hijacking this thread for a quick question:
My fathers manual VW Transporter started vibrating very hard while engaging first gear and getting the car rolling, you can even see that the shift is vibrating.
Said symptom happens mostly on cold / humid days and vanishes after the engine is warm.
I tried engaging the clutch more slowly, with more acceleration or slower, same vibrating while rolling.

Any idea what that could be? Is his transmission dying?

Just drive it for a bit. I had to change my clutch master and it felt way too soft at first even after flushing the system, took it for a drive for about half an hour making sure to clutch in and out a lot and it stiffened up.

what does it mean when the clutch only bites high up?

No idea. I have a 95 wrangler and I changed the master and slave and it still engages if you press it in half an inch. Its weird because it has like 7 inches of travel, but the top inch and a half is all it needs to engage.

replace it

>everytime I change master cylinders

I've never changed a clutch master cylinder wtf are you doing op? Using piss to top up the fluid?

Brake masters and clutch masters function entirely differently.

Keep bleeding it

I have 3 shit cans I drive, oddly enough Ive had to replace all 3 Master cylinders within the past year.

That depends on your clutch set up, it could mean your clutch has fuck all meat left on it or it could just need adjusting.

Most (Ford) trucks I've driven do this, and its not something can adjust in some of them, since they auto bleed.

I have a new clutch set, master, and slave in my truck and it still only needs maybe two inches to shift.

I've driven same vehicles with similar mileage and the clutch pedals will feel wildly different.

>master
>slave
Ayo dats racist you cracker ass honkeys

>he doesn't realize that the computer he's using has master and slave drives.

Stop buying Vatozone parts hombre.

Yeah we'll mine squeaks and feels like shit after replacing BOTH cylinders... So at least yours works.

Is there little bits of rubber in the master cylinder, Because a lot of cars have a section of clutch lines thats rubber that tend to dry rot.

So check your clutch lines to.

So what would cause a really stiff clutch pedal? My XJs pedal is stiff as fuck for no reason as far as I can tell. Both my old Toyota 4x4 and my S10s pedals were light as fuck in comparison

What is this, 1995?

So niggers still use IDE?

>he doesn't enjoy the crispy new clutch feel.
I don't know what to tell you other than you're fucked in the head and have shit taste, senpai...