How would you win a fight against a guy with a shield?

How would you win a fight against a guy with a shield?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2kL5nDUcM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Outflank him

AP rounds

Lower it, then have someone else kill him

(You)

I draw my .380 and shoot him 7 times.

Try putting more effort in when you make a thread.

I would teleport behind him and slash his neck with my sacrificial blade.

decoy balloon

sneak around behind him

Throw my Pilum and let it get stuck in his shield making it unwieldy

with a gun

/thread

A big shield isn't very good in 1v1 combat. That's why the final-destination try-hards in medieval manuscripts duel with bucklers. A big shield is slow and unwieldy, good for blocking projectiles but impractical in many ways. It's slow to raise or lower, you can't see through it, if it's hit hard on one side it will twist your shield arm, and in fact if you hit the edge hard enough the shield will bent so your strike will connect with the guy behind the shield. Legionnaires were never 1v1 fighters but always stood in a close formation and that's where their big shields really shined. Today if you study riot police, you may notice that they have big rectangular shields for the guys who form up tight, and small round shields for the skirmishers who fight in front of our around the formation.

>A big shield isn't very good in 1v1 combat
Except that's how the Romans fought.
>Legionnaires were never 1v1 fighters but always stood in a close formation
Except that's wrong, they would have about 3 feet or about 1 meter between each man, stop perpetuating this bullshit myth that romans fought in a shield wall, they didn't.

Step on his toes

Watch Spartacus. Their weakness is their flank and back.

Stab his legs with a spear, then after he drop his shield assault him with my sword.

Hydrogen bomb

>A big shield isn't very good in 1v1 combat. That's why the final-destination try-hards in medieval manuscripts duel with bucklers

Nah that's retarded. Bucklers are small so you can wear them going about your business also because it's a better training tool after all if you can defend yourself with a small shield you can defend yourself easily with a large one even tho there's quite a bit of differentials to apply with a fucking tower shield.

Fighting, even '1v1s' is about closing off opening and abusing your opponents and a large shield can close off half your body or all of it.

Kill yourself fucktard.

Bum rush him with four other lads

A US Carrier battle group

An Oriental rat flea, carrying the bubonic plague.

use my private child prostitute army armed with XM8 rifles

forgot pic

>That's why the final-destination try-hards in medieval manuscripts duel with bucklers.
Literally because the buckler is th eonly shield you can wear on your belt.

The entire rest of your post is just you making shit up and trying to armchair general. Literally none of it is correct.

Best reply so far.

A big shield is good in melee combat as long as you have comrades protecting your flanks. Roman formations were actually looser than you would imagine. Loose enough that the first line could retreat to the back safely and the 2nd line would replace them, while maintaining the formations integrity.

i liked this video, but i'm not an expert
youtube.com/watch?v=J2kL5nDUcM4

1 on 1 hook his shield then beat his head in

In formation flank him or force formation to break down with sufficiently large missiles

the relevant part stars at the 14th minute

Chivalry.

Knock him over.

His girlfriend, a wooden shield is no shield from conscience.

I thought this was an interesting video up to a certain point until he says that the Late Roman Army was objectively worse and basically quotes Vegetius verbatim

reeeeeeeeeee