Hey Veeky Forums, dubs name my "new" E30 318is, pick a cool one please. Also, general e30 thread

Hey Veeky Forums, dubs name my "new" E30 318is, pick a cool one please. Also, general e30 thread.

Assfaggot

Name it after my mazda rx-7, Pitiful Pete

Fuck that was quick lol. Pitful Pete it is.

Yeah I didn't expect to get dubs but when I hit post I had that gut feeling. I don't even have a mazda rx-7, it's from an andre nickatina song lol

Man he got off easy. a bmw name with no mention of nazis or killing jews.

Found some clean ones at a BMW show last year. Any one here have an Alpine white 318is too?

Fawk naming a e30 after a rx7. Well diary today op was a faggot again.jpg

Seriously tho i miss my rx7 fc vert non turbo but killed with the ladies.
But my e30 is a better car.

Mine's black. Though I really like it white, probably more than in black.

Is it just me or have we had a new E30 thread every day for the last week?

thx for validating my recent purchase

Welcome to the club.
I wish I had a modern engine.

Shitbox-o-matic

I post my car a lot but I never say a lot about it so I'll talk about what I'm fighting with recently.
I was bleeding the brakes and the PO used a shitty Chinese bleeder valve so it broke off in the caliper. I just replaced the master cylinder but I wasn't able to bleed them very well because of it. I just got some new calipers from a friend so I'm going to replace them when I get back in town tomorrow.
The car is pretty shitty but the body is relatively clean, no rust aside from the sunroof panel. Once I get some stuff worked out with the engine I'll probably go forced induction, since someone offered to make me a turbo manifold.

Come for the car parts, texan

>naming generic shitboxes

the fuckboy cart

I live in Florida

M20 engines actually respond pretty good to boost imho

Nice, one of my mates has a diamond schwarz 325i. Black looks great on e30's though.

That's the plan eventually. I'll probably pick up another M20 short block to have on hand if I blow mine up.

>modern engines are more reliable than older engines
Wtf am I reading?

No, sorry I was unclear. The problem with having an old engine isn't the reliability, it's that it uses such a primitive EFI system that I've been fighting with it running rich and fouling the plugs for the past week and everything is such a mess that I can't make heads or tails of fucking anything.
I still love my M20

>I can't diagnose an old system that runs on literally 5 sensors so I wish I had a modern system that runs on a dozen

You're fighting with it because you're incompetent. E30 Motronic is dead simple. There are like 3 reasons it would run rich enough to foul plugs
>bad FPR, esp if leaking into the vacuum hose
>stuck fuel injector(s)
>CLT sensor telling the ECU the engine is cold when it isn't

btfo!