Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Mario Spin-off General #3-D

Welcome to /mk8g/ - Back to the old codes (for now) editon
Last thread: Discuss Mario Kart & Mario Spin-off Games!
Wii U players welcome as well (please get a Switch ASAP though)

>Wanna know what /mk8g/ is all about?
Watch these or be a loser:
youtube.com/watch?v=bc8KzuEmXyE
youtube.com/watch?v=bNMvL7z2ub0

>Our old Wii U Miiverse page
miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073268532636/14866558073646102396

>Game Codes
Main Lobbies:
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc
4023-7564-6763
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) Battle
4899-8626-8715

Auxillary Lobbies:
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 150cc
1596-0611-9979
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc Mirror
(Coming Soon)
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc Frantic
(Coming Soon)
--Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) 200cc
4584-9410-2777

Other games:
--Mario Kart 7 (ask in thread) : 07-0695-1617-1935
--Mario Golf: World Tour (turns): 58-1023-1832-5422

>How do I play with you guys!?!
--First time racers:
Go to "online - one player", go to "tournaments", go to "search by code", enter our main (or auxillary) lobby code and hit "join". If you keep getting put in empty lobbies, the current one is full.
--Returning racers:
Go to "friends" from the online menu & view "recent players" list to find and join someone who is currently racing. >!Further FAQs (Tips, Esoterics, General stuff/junk):
pastebin.com/aJne6hi4

>/mk8g/ Historical Archive
pastebin.com/WpPHZwAb

>News
It's out nigguh Purple boosts ho!

>Thread PSA:
Do not reply or respond to shitposters.
Regularly announce the number of players in a lobby.
Keep up the banter during races.
Namedropping is discouraged but posting along the lines of "Haha John Smith that green was beautiful" is not only fine; you should do it more!
Keep on posting screenshots in the thread!

>Today's protip
While the purple boost is cool you should actually seldom be using it.
2 orange boosts, or even orange then blue>purple boost.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/fnnKTT
youtube.com/watch?v=7K-YX7wTT34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wonder how long this one will last.
Will you attempt this general again next week if it fails like last time, OP?

Are people actually playing now?

I'm gonna join 200cc in a moment.

Let's not make the same mistake again, keep it contained in discord until next weekend discord.gg/fnnKTT

Newfag to MK8 here. Switch 150cc is an Auxiliary lobby? Why?
Didn't more people play on 150cc this weekend?

Stop spamming this shit.

>150cc auxillary
200cc fag here, I honestly want to see 200cc all day ery day but if my worst fears come true and we see a 12/12 150cc lobby before we see a 200 one I'll have to change that won't I?

I lied. I joined 150cc.

Can someone with Nikki in their friends list send her a message asking her to extend the lobby times to weekly? Hopefully she won't be spiteful on the account of her being a discordfag (as I understand).

this is gonna crash and burn and you know it
you learned nothing from the chaos that was /mk8g/

I will, an uptick in gen goers will only occur through sheer persistence.

I'll be here, so don't worry.

>chaos
You are overestimating the clout Boney and Spooky ect hold. Circlejerking is an issue but it can be a stealth boon because there is never a time when that is not met with loud criticism. A thread being a shitfest because peolle are going at it in a thread and this supposedly "scares off players" is a myth. This is just a natural progression of events. This is almost like saying Veeky Forums itself is a bad idea. Fearing controversy is pointless, do not let yourself be shouted away into irrelevance. Keeping a thread healthy is a Sisyphean task and only those who don't belong on Veeky Forums in the first place are affraid of that.

Heck even aftter all I've said this might fizzle out at times but thats fine and more importantly should not be factored into our decisions. Unless of course you have some other game or hobby you think your time is better spent on then by all means; go, do.

Or just come, and Kart. Helping keeping the thread alive is appreciated as well.

Thanks bud

it was more an issue of circlejerking getting to extreme levels, rumours and unironic hate/harassment going around combined with lessening activity that caused it to collapse

because the same people were posting in threads a lot it became easy to recognize who was posting what based on their writing style, images, etc. and some even started calling out people who were new like they were trespassing on sacred ground or some shit

also the alice situation

-----Official Kart /v/eekend and /mk8g/ PSA-------
>1. If you join an empty lobby, First discover if there is a larger full lobby. If there is start a new one and STAY in it. Second, post the fact that you are waiting by posting "1/12 XXXcc" -twice- with a minute or two between each posting.
>2. Post lobby status evsry other game. Don't assume that someone else will just up and take care of it; do it yourself. Attach the lobby stat to one of your banter posts even. Do it often!
>3. A post of "12/12" is not a wasted post! Do it too, this has an eagerness inducing psychological effect on the thread and posts like these and their ilk contribute nicely to the atmosphere of the thread. They are also useful to the aforementioned anons starting a second lobby.
>4. Banter and creatively comment on even the most innocuous of happenings in-game

He's the most dense idiot on the history of mk /v/eekend.
All you can do is not contribute to this shitfest

>Rumours and unironic hate/harassment going around
Full stop. Don't care. Them caring was dramatic weakness, full stop again.

I didn't matter if they cared or not.
It was posted in almost every thread without stop and it was just a bunch of shitters replying to each other.

Posting my girl.

Only relevant factor in this equation was the lobby status; if paltry then yes the gen deserved to fizzle out. As it did upon agreed, /v/eekend only, consenus.

Uh, that's MY girl you got there, buddy!

Can we take a moment and appreciate this good old discordfag anus-anhilation?

Whoops

Kill yourself. Stop drawing attention to it. Especially cross-board.

>As it did upon agreed, /v/eekend only, consenus
Yet, here we fucking are.

Meh fine.

Anyone playing? If so remember to post the status feggits

150cc is active, but those fags wont post updares outside the discord

150cc 8/12 Switch

I'm posting in the /v/ thread and here. Fuck you, and fuck discord.

I'm not in the discord. I'll update every some minutes for you guys while I'm still here.

150cc 7/12

150cc 6/12

You're an alright avatarfag Jack.

Mario Kart Wii it still the best game of the series, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sucks.
youtube.com/watch?v=7K-YX7wTT34

New Console. New batch of players that never got it on the Wii U. A small contingent of the rare, actually based, oldfags.
Opportunity opportunity opportunity.

@176827364
>All that cherry picking
>Funky bike
>WUB WUB WUB like music
40 secs in and I closed it

>break just to let me pass you hit me with a red shell again
Big D, you fuck.

150cc 8/12

Too bad we keep the same old shitters.
The general has a stigma you will never shake off.

It's empty

Try friends then recent opponents.
The lobby making sucks hard in this one

Said by every person who remembers the bad times in thing x ever.
Quit being a negative nancy and Kart.

Try to join from recent people if you can. Sucks, I know.

150cc 5/12

I never joined on this lobby before, so I can't join to a recent opponent.

Then is the the singular only circumstance where posting your NNID (in spoilers) is acceptable. Do it.

>picking Yoshi Circuit, the worst course in the game

Try to restart your Switch. That sometimes helps. As soon as you join a lobby with people in it, add them as your friend so you can join easier. That's what I did.

What about my friend code? because this is how the Switch's friend list works.

150cc 4/12

SendLewds, pls no bully

Well you just have bad fucking taste. I bet you've never taken the waterfall shroomless or leaped over the Piranha plant.

>Quit being a negative nancy and Kart.
You really think that this is about being negative?

The reason people gave you shit in the weekend threads is because all the general did was burn out people.
People, who pretty much ended up caring the lobbies in weekends.
Sadly, people don't want to actually get a lobby started. They would much rather join a 7/12 than to slowly get a 2/12 to that.

So aside from the shitposting, when you they don't feel like playing, the /v/eekends just drop dead because no one can get a lobby up from the ground.

>But we can get newer people
By having the general up, and potentially having them race, the same shit will happen, they will get burned out eventually and history repeats.

SW-8290-9606-9314

150cc 4/12

Friend you are obviously the sort of person that witnesses a negative phenomenon occuring and then mulls it over and constantly assumes in is an always around the corner. Yes I know these things are capable of occuring but the factoring of them into your decisions is a self fufling prophecy and you would do well to stop.

>they will get burned out eventually and history repeats
Yes coinciding with the inevitable downtick of enthusiasm for the game, as is unstoppable.
Cross that bridge when we get to it. All other manners of addressing the situation are objectively the wrong ones.

Otherwise I reject this nothion of "burning out" on it's face I think you are misiterprei g what is actually going on here. If these threads do indeed fail to take flight then I will have been proven wrong, and we return to the /v/eekend only format until MK9 and I skulk away dejected. In any event we wait and observe.

Sup

150cc 0/12
And I'm out of here. It's been a very good weekend, maybe the best one yet for MK8D, I think. Thanks for playing, everyone.

You're Panshito but with other avatar.

3/12 200cc

Try 200cc, it gets better. Being shit a first is a boon and guarantee you it's just delayed fun through sheer juxtaposition.

I would, but I'm just too tired. I might tomorrow if there are people still playing.

Holy fuck me, spell check your posts before posting.

Fuck off Spooky, you piece of shit discordfag

If not for Discord and 150cc being worryingly popular I might not have made /mk8g/ again. Congrats asshats, I fucking hate you. 150cc fags you are alright, please convert to /fast/ soon though.

Why do most of these attention whore cancer-mongers always end their name in the "y" sound? (Maebbie spelled "ie") list of Absolute shitters past and present:

Maebbie
Panchito
Penta
Owlet
Glazty
Moxy
Spooky
Boney
Cloudy

You better keep this bumped in the dead of night if you hope to keep this thread alive this time.

We need those ever vauable euro bros to start coming again.

I can bump, but I'll be stuck at work and won't be able to play until I get back.

It's in your hands now.

Thanks bro, hero these threads need.

You better not be lying about 200cc getting better and all this fhckkng lain worth it. How do I stop hitting walls AND go fast? Fuck me this mode tearsopen my asshole.

You'll learn to love it, fear not just wait until you git gud at it then someone getting a mirror lobby going. It'll feel exactly the same. A that's a good thing

Who else needs to be added to this list? Alice and Ryan?

I guess. Tonight I sleep.

Alice maybe. But Ryan was never on the same levels asthose others.

Where's everybody at?

Everybody disappeared all at once.

>Finally found a character I like to use

Larry for best koopa kid

>picking any of the the koopalings

please explain

Because fuck you that's why
Beats Gold Mario and Pink Gold shitters anyday

Hey man don't need to get all defensive, I just wanted to know why.

>Play several games worldwide where the 1st place guy gets hit a billion times and nothing happens

Good game

At least it's less bad with the desync issues firehopping used to cause gone.

Bump

Why don't you make some discussion instead of just saying bump senpai

Do you even know what a circlejerk is?

What are you on about? Why wouldn't we?

Post webms

I would if the Switch was capable of recording video without a capture card.
Maybe one day.

Does anyone here actually use tilt controls, auto-accelerate, or smart steering?

I've tried tilt controls, and they're really not that bad. I just far prefer using a D-pad on the Pro controller.

Auto Accelerate and Smart Steering are just easy mode though. Kinda annoys me that they were on by default.

Smart steering is just bad and there's no reason to have it on by default. And it records it on your license which is annoying.

>All the female voices are annoying as fuck.
Fuck Daisy is so annoying it makes her somehow fun to play as.

Anyone down for some morning kart on switch?

this place is dead. whose idea was it to make a /mk8/ general?

dumb Kirby poster, some of us actually have to work for a living. Its fucking horrible