Although the Genesis G80 is not selling as well as as it did historically when it was called the "Hyundai Genesis"...

>Although the Genesis G80 is not selling as well as as it did historically when it was called the "Hyundai Genesis" (likely because the Genesis G90 has been selling like hotcakes), the numbers are nevertheless impressive. As of May it has outsold the Q70, XF, GS, Continental, S90, Ghibli, XTS, CTS, CT6, RLX and is just 154 units away from beating the Audi A7. Genesis USA

If I were Acura/Infiniti/Lexus/Volvo, I would be worried. You can joke all you want, but they aren't going anywhere. They have invested heavily in hiring the best designers and engineers for a reason. They have considerably narrowed the handling/feel gap in the past 2 years. It's only another 2-3 until they reach relative parity IMO.

If I were Lincoln/Cadillac, I would consider suicide.

Other urls found in this thread:

genesisnewsusa.com/en-us/releases/57
media.gm.com/dld/content/Pages/news/us/en/2017/aug/0801-gmsales/_jcr_content/rightpar/sectioncontainer_0/par/download_0/file.res/Deliveries-July-2017.pdf
media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2017/08/01/july-17-sales.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who cares

>Gussed-up Hyundai, G80 outsold XTS, CTS, CT6

Caddies BTFO

>If I were Lincoln/Cadillac, I would consider suicide.
>gooks BTFO murifats

How will they ever recover??

Yeah, Big luxury brands are doing worse and worse.

Value luxury brands are killing it. (Buick is a great example)

>value
>luxury

Pick one

The only reason Buick is still relevant is chinks.

It's like future proofing a computer.

You pay much more for something that doesn't scale in value for what you get.

It's the concept of diminishing returns. The market for the high end stuff isn't as profitable.

>The only reason Buick is still relevant is because it's the favorite luxury brand of the largest car market in the world

However, Germany's Big 3 may not be worried, but they probably have something up their sleeve in case

>Buick
It is not luxury as Acura.

>Germany's Big 3 may not be worried

Lexus may be jealous

The G80 is seriously underrated.

Op is completly wrong tho
so far this year the G80 has sold 6,166 units, the XTS has sold 7,911 and the Continental has sold 7,204 units

3rd

Lexus easily beats Audi

>article states audi sold 1 million more cars
>but my tarted up toyota... muh nipland cars... its the best guys...

You are actually paying for the brand name when you say you paid so much.

What I love about the G80 is that the interior is well fucking layed out. It's not at anything like touch capacitive and bullshit. Every button is clearly labelled and easy to learn and get used to within a very short amount of time.

I have to say the Hyundai/Kia/Genesis are serious brands now. They recently got into performance with their N Division with previous BMW M engineers joining them. Former Audi designer Peter S designs the cars. I even heard a guy from Lamborghini overlooking the designs for Genesis. I seriously think now Lexus should be scared. I also think within a period of 5 years, they will be on the level of the Germans. They already are giving a heck of a package with the G90. I speak like a PR guy from Genesis because well, I like the brand a lot.

>muh tarted up Golf

G70 incomming. Suposed to be lighter than kia stinger. Everybody BTFO.

The instrument cluster, the infotainment software, the general layout, and most of the buttons and materials are direct carryovers from a $20k Sonata, which itself carries over a lot from an even cheaper Elantra.

Hyundai isn't there yet. Not even Lexus does this with Toyota anymore, and VAG stopped doing it about a generation ago. I don't want to feel or see any Elantra anything in my $60k luxury sedan.

Yeah they actually look very similar but that's just the, being simplistic? Why drive up costs when you can focus more on comfort and keep everything looking pleasant?

Interior layed out very good. Its simple, not too curvy, not too edgy. Everything is easily accessible and understandable. But the shitty blue backlight on every button, writing or gauges is what makes this look like 2008 cheap Korean shit.

Lmao they just put a clock in it

And a cover over the cupholders

The Sonata is a pretty nice ride.

If I can save 40,000 dollars and have a similar experience....

>gooks BTFO murifats
Like there's something new.

Lools pretty shit IMO. It's the obvious Chink version of an E class.

I was about to say that the Genesis interior looks laughably bad and cluttered.

I'll buy GM until I sell out, but I always thought that having the seat adjustor buttons on the door trim was such an apparently good idea that I get disappointed when GM doesn't do it

>reading comprehension
>Op is completly wrong tho

no you. OP says As of May, G80 outsold all caddies and Lincoln. You should consider suicide.

Sales - May 2017
G80: 1355
XTS: 778
CTS: 854
CT6: 1001
Continental: 1061

Are you an idiot?

You're replying to year-to-date sales with sales from one month.

Are you an idiot?

OP is not wrong because he says "As of May".

learn to greentext you fucking asshole

Sometimes, general comprehension of complex ideas is more important than memetext, ya faggot.

OP is a bitch for extrapolating just the month of May in the first place.

And you're a bitch for being OP.

you mad

>mad
About?

you know that OP is correct.

Not really, but you seem beyond being able to understand the nuances of the English language.

>as of May
Misleading. It implies that the G80 has been outselling its competition from January to May, when it hasn't.

>as of May
Misleading. It is now August. What were the month-to-month sales of June? July?

>as of May
It's shit bro. If you want to be "right" by confusing your reader with a lack of proper prose, then by all means, carry on. Doesn't change the fact that "as of May" should have read "for the month of May."

Hyundai/kia look good on paper and their press photos but once you're in one it's a different story. The material quality is hilariously bad. A honda fit will have better plastics/surfaces than a 30k sonota hybrid
They aren't the same value they used to be a few years back and their driving feel is nonexistant

Would still prefer one over those chinese knockoffs ford makes though

>triggered murifat
>What were the month-to-month sales of June? July?

Sure

June 2017
G80: 1276
XTS: 1000
CTS: 846
CT6: 1014
Continental: 973

July 2017
G80: 1339
XTS: 541
CTS: 786
CT6: 890
Continental: 958

Therefore, OP is correct, and you are wrong period. You should consider suicide.

savage

>can't address any of the other issues
>no source for these claims

>samefag

Cruise control next to volume, here let me turn up my bono, oh fuck I have crashed into the car in front of me. Gaaaay

>can't address any of the other issues
who cares.. that's your issue.
>source

July sales:
genesisnewsusa.com/en-us/releases/57
media.gm.com/dld/content/Pages/news/us/en/2017/aug/0801-gmsales/_jcr_content/rightpar/sectioncontainer_0/par/download_0/file.res/Deliveries-July-2017.pdf
media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2017/08/01/july-17-sales.pdf

you can find June sales yourself. Suck it up, triggered burger

Is that a tricorder glued to the center console?

>deflecting
So I take it you're American.

It would explain the lack of grasp on the English language.

Than is for the sources though I can't be arsed to read them, like you can't be arsed to read a book, nigger.

>deflecting

no, you are one talking. I am talking about OP being correct about G80 outsold Lincoln and Caddies.

The reality in every "muh brand > ur brand" thread like this is that differences between vehicles are trivial, and often lie in parts of the performance envelope FAR beyond the reach of normal drivers on normal roads.

What we usually have is a Top Trumps level squabble over stats that most manufaturers obtain in utterly unrealistic conditions, or, if you're VAG, you just make them up.

An intelligent and person chooses the vehicle whose aesthetics and abilities best suit his needs, ignoring the hype, the squealing fangirls, the marketing BS, and childish notions like "status".

The one thing that truly saddens me is the way the US has turned in on itself in just the same way the UK did a few decades ago. the self-loathing - fostered by foreign-owned motoring media and smarter advertising by foreign manufacturers - killed our motor industry, and now its killing yours.
Trump won't change this an iota, sadly for you.

>samefag

sperg more

If Cadillac and Lincoln weren't so shit then it wouldn't be an issue. What irks everyone about Cadillac in particular is that everyone knows they could build some truly great luxury vehicles, as evidenced by their amazing concept cars, yet they continue to put out shit like the XTS, and are forced by their parent company to take the Camaro and turn it into small, medium and large boring sausages.

GM wants Cadillac to compete with the German big 3, and seems to think the only way to compete with them is to do the exact same thing.

>Although no one cares about hyundai you keep seeing threads about it
Who is this nigger a personal Chaebol hypeman? suck it, kimchee

>seems to think the only way to compete with them is to do the exact same thing.

This is where they failed. They need to stop being wannabe-german.

Lexus dropped its unique motto about "Value luxury" by engaging against Germany's Big 3. Look at what happened to Lexus. Struggling. see

Yeah, Cadillac was always the epitome of classic Americana, something no one in the current market really seems to offer. Instead we're getting cars that do very well in every review, but no one will buy a Cadillac when a BMW or Mercedes does the exact same thing and says "BMW" or "Mercedes" on it.
People that want German luxury buy German, and people that want American luxury are left out in the cold.

>Look at what happened to Lexus

More successful than Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac, Lincoln., more successful than Audi even, at least in North America.

They're making great performance cars, they've added a dose of style and created a brand identity that is completely separate from Toyota.

Lexus is an example of what TO do, not what not to do.

Haha get everything not working within the first few months.

>Glorified, overpriced Prius

Nice.

>more successful than Audi even, at least in North America.

in your dream, lexus fangirl

>herp

>derp

link?

>People that want German luxury buy German, and people that want American luxury are left out in the cold.

American luxury is the Escalade. That's pretty much it. And if they don't want an Escalade then it's the Lexus Camry.

nice article with no sources or anything

I am wondering too.

>dude that one month I nearly caught up I was totally beating you

It's not real. Audi outsells all of GM gobally. Everyone knows.