How can I be the best version of myself?

How can I be the best version of myself?

just b urself

Understanding what your doing and why your doing it. Then reflecting on your own views and actions in an unbiased manner and seeing if that is what you consider the best.

Remember that being the 'best' is subjective so you shouldn't take to much influence from others ideas of what is the greatest.

>what you consider the best
That's quite biased

Create a dimension-hopping device and kill your alternate selves. Then you are the best by default.

I thought you meant this in regards to Leibniz or Kripke somehow, but it would seem not.

OP said best version of myself not the best. Therefore a bias would always be in play. However it is still possible to reflect in an unbiased manner despite the difficulty.

And how can one be the best?

The best what?

>best version of myself not the best
Simply the best, I guess

According to whose standard? If you measure yourself according to someone else there is conflict already, since you want to be someone you are not.

Understanding yourself is the path to wisdom friend.

stop browsing Veeky Forums

How does one understands himself?

Relationship. The way you treat others, how you act towards the poor, the rich, the relationship between yourself and the world and all that is in it. When you become jealous, greedy, happy or any of those things is who you are. Observe how you act towards all things and you will know yourself. In that is itself a transformation, for trying to change yourself by forcing yourself to behave in a certain matter is destructive and the trick of the ego mind.

I believe that people are too diverse in which one person could be the best at every thing or the best overall. A factor to account for that may be a persons traits verse what their society values and how well they match up.

Um. Excuse me user, but I was under the impression that the ride never ended...

Why its one of the best places on the internet T B H

Better than all the rest?

Yes

Get off Veeky Forums.

But even if I do what should I focus on(give me a specific subject) otherwise I can still waste my time on so many other useless things.

Understand that the self is an illusion

Elaborate

Acting with picardy

Obtain maximum virtue, I'm not going to explain it.

You are better off reading esotaric philosophy until you are an old man. Maybe then you will be the best.

Hello?

this

That means nothing though

Of course can't let that illusion pop

Like no one ever was???

Have the power of God living inside you to help you accomplish all things.

Don't be your worst.

Absolutely this, good summation of all the advice in the thread.

There's a lot to it but essentially: realize that nothing outside of you compels you to do anything. These things have no absolute reality in an of themselves except the reality you give them in your mind (like, say, something someone said to you that stung). It gets to you because your "self" is sustained and defined by what other people think of it. Realizing that this self is illusory, taking a step back from it, is the first step on the path.