Soo it looks like im going to end up with an automatic honda civic coupe. I think 2011... 1.8, 140 horses :/

Soo it looks like im going to end up with an automatic honda civic coupe. I think 2011... 1.8, 140 horses :/

What can i do to give it more horsepower and torque and make it quicker from a stop??140 hp is weak as fuck. (why honda do?)

I just want some extra power. A quick daily driver.

I havnt bought the car yet so maybe you guys have other car suggestions? If so, why so?

Budget is about $12k. Prefer coupe style.

>12k budget
>willingly going for not just a Civic but a recent auto Civic
What the FUCK is wrong with you?

You can be thankful someone was kind enough to give you their car.

140hp is plenty enough for a Civic. Buy a motorcycle if you want to go fast.

Whats the problem with recent civic?

As far as the automatic goes, i dont want a manuel anything.

I dont want a car with high milage thats already used up.

Im buying a car... I dont want anything thats outdated looks or tech wise. Only about '08 and up.

140 hp is not enough. I drove an '08 before and could actually feel the decline in performance with just one passenger in the car.

Veeky Forums.org is a 18+ site. Please see yourself out.

Sell Honda shit, then buy an automatic 2004-06 Pontiac GTO. 350-400hp out of the box.

>:/
fuck off underage fag

>automatic honda civic coupe
>I dont want anything thats outdated looks or tech wise
>As far as the automatic goes, i dont want a manuel anything
>Budget is about $12k
>140 hp is not enough

What I can suggest you is: quit being an HPfag a fun car is much more than that, learn how to drive a manual it's really fun even if you have a 100HP on a 2000lb car (I drive an AE86 every day and would not give her up for anything), do research on your own and learn about the reliability of what you're planning to buy, the only tech you need in a car is an aux input and a stereo if the car is boring and get out of Veeky Forums you underage little shit.

>what can I buy for 12k that's faster than a civic
Lmao I can't even

>i dont want a manuel anything.

Beat to hell and back. high milage. No. Do you guys even read? Its got to be reliable for a DD.

Mad at people with fulltime jobs who dust him at redlights.

Faster than a civic, reliable, newish, not high mileage.... Try again.

Your first problem is getting a civic for 12k.

>wants a pigfat automatic slow modern Honda
>asking how to make it fast

Fukken lol'd.

You could import an early 2000s civic type R and get 200-220 HP without a turbo in a small lightweight car for like half of your budget. It also takes a single day to learn how to drive manual transmissions. You'd also get mad street cred from teenagers, Japanese, and Mexican people.

Not sure about the transmission in that civic, you can't add a lot of power to autos in general. Weight reduction and good tires will do you good

60 Twingos

get a 2000 camaro ss, you can afford a low miles one with that budget, has aerodynamic coupe body type and reliable engine with good mpg for a 5.7liter v8, fast too

The first helpful post.

I said nothing outdated. Im not looking for street cred. Fuck it im abondoning this thread. You guys cant read for nothing. Except .

You're just bad at making purchasing decisions. I hope you enjoy whatever you buy.

>get actual advice on how not be a little bitch
>whines like a little bitch anyway
Underaged fags, jesus christ.

How is a 2000 LS outdated? You can install a backup camera if you're afraid you'll back over your wife's kid because you can't see him at night if you need driving nannies.

For $12,000? get a saab viggen

I don't drag race, not my thing. Prefer autox and the occasional touge run.

>Mad at people with fulltime jobs

I'm a certified BMET III, most of the time I take all the equipment home and fix it while watching shit on YouTube and shitposting on Veeky Forums for 65K/year. I don't want a full time wagecuck job.

>scrolls down
ayy, a monaro
>looks at the engine
wait, hold up
>scrolls down
HOLD UP

I mean i guess, better than us australians putting chevy badges on bogged out commodores

>has a $12k budget
>buying a 2011 automatic civic
you should abandon Veeky Forums completely but what you're asking for is a FiST - if they come in manual

Its 18 years old.. I bet it plays casset tapes.

get a manual instead if you want to be "quicker". if thats not quick enough, change your final drive gear.

for 12k you can just get a used BRZ

The R18 has a Turbo Kit that'll boost you to 200+ HP, but it costs about $4k+

If you're complaining about the Civic being weak why not buy the SI, that's what it's for?

Like 8k can buy you a 280hp Accord coupe.

>do research on your own and learn about the reliability of what you're planning to buy,
How would one do that?
I am looking at buying a 2002 Jetta on Craigslist for about 2k (With 176k).
What parts of the car should I be looking at?

>Budget is 12k
>Going to buy an automatic civic anyway

You don't deserve a car with more than 180 horses

Well for starters Volkswagens are massive piles of Mexican shit.

He doesn't want a >manuel anything

>ford is still worse
lmao

>What can i do to give it more horsepower and torque and make it quicker from a stop??140 hp is weak as fuck. (why honda do?)
Maybe because they made the civic with fuel economy in mind for customers who have fuel economy in mind.

They're all 17K and higher. This faggot doesn't deserve one either.

>What can i do to give it more horsepower and torque and make it quicker from a stop??140 hp is weak as fuck.
Nothing. It's a fucking Civic. Drive it or sell it.

What are forums?

>You could import an early 2000s civic type R

Another underage retard...

Why is Veeky Forums so infested with non-car-people and HPcucks? I thought this board was better than this.

Reddit happened

Yeah wow let's just rate the entire fucking brand when different designers/engineers work on different models. The graph doesn't really prove much. In my personal experience GM shit is way less reliable than the Ford's and VWs I've owned... But guess what it's an anecdote, all BS

you are the biggest idiot on this board
>12k budget
>2011 civic
>how do I make it faster?

you don't deserve anything better if you aren't interested in looking for yourself

>What are forums?
What forums? I am on a forum right now and all I've gotten is a graph of overall brand dependability.
Your post is not very helpful

Have you ever owned an 2002 jetta? What was the upkeep like? And if I were to inspect one what are the problem areas I should look out for?