What if:

What if:
>make a rotary engine build
>instal 5 rotors
>tune it so there can only be only 4 rotors working at a time so that remaining one gets to cool off
>the fresh rotor kicks in at designated time letting one rotor chill
>cycle this and solve overheating problem

is this shit viable? I know all rotors have to be installed sequentially so that one crankshaft rotates them all but forget that, if that was not an issue would this work ?

Dorito is ded, let it go.

>solve overheating problem
what did he mean by this?

Doritos don't actually have a heating problem when they're properly cooled. Just get a 3 inch radiator and you'll be fine.

The issue with rotaries is getting them to pass emissions testing. because they burn oil in their cycles it hard to keep them as clean as a piston engine. However if mazda's compression ignition tech comes through we may see the rotary make a comeback.

TL;Dr
It's all gores fault we don't have a 4 rotor rx7 to shit on pistoncucks with

Here's a better way to solve this issue.

>tfw you ssoend 10,000$ on chassis and spend another 8,000$ to put a used corvette engine into it because you're to fucking retarded to just buy a corvette

A part of me wants to start buying pristine classic corvettes and rotary swap them for this autistic shit.

Yeah, the other part realizes you are just another nihilistic weaboo living in their parents basement with no money.

You must be a blind daft cunt, how is it a Corvette if it looks like an RX-7? Lmao

do it legit I wanna see people sperg about it

lrn2read senpai
he said
>just buy a corvette if you want a corvette

disgoostin !

>autistic shit
No, rotary engines are autistic shit.
The only reason they were ever conceived to begin with was to get around regulations on engine displacement, disingenuously suggesting that each rotor is equivalent to a cylinder (even though there are 3 combustion pockets on each rotor). Functionally a 1.3L 2 rotor engine is more equivalent to a 3.9L V6. 6 bangs per turn. So they aren't even as good at "specific output" as is alleged, and specific output is more autistic bullshit that doesn't actually measure anything useful.

Here's the thing though, Dorito Swapping a Corvette will make the car crap, yet LS swapping an RX-7 makes it better.

The weight difference of the 13b and the LS1 is only of 115lbs, the V8 being slighty heavier, but with a lot more of power. If you were to add a turbo to the Dorito engine, it would actually be heavier than the LS1, for less performance, a higher maintenance cost, and the same fuel consumption.

So yeah, let that soak in.

>

Yeah, but some people don't want a Corvette. They want an LS swapped RX-7.

Rotary engines are essentially the Mac of internal combustion. People stand by them to be edgy and different. But if they were actually good they would have become more prolific over time and not less.

Would love to help out with this.

LS swapped rx7 is pretty much a corvette

It's a lighter Corvette that looks like a beautiful RX-7. It's not hard to understand.

How often do you have to change apex seals in rotary engines? Every 50k km?

>implying the corvette isn't already crap
the only thing corvettes are good for is boomers and for us to laugh at, the engine is shit the transmission is shit the suspension and axles are shit the corvette is shit in every way

You don't because you don't buy a car with a rotary engine.
No intelligent human being acting on all of the available information would ever possibly conclude that a vehicle with a rotary engine is the ideal purchase decision.

sperg more piston cuck

You don't even own a car, hahaha.

Rotarfags are the ones who sperg. Because like I said; there's literally no reason to purchase a rotary engine other than to act all edgy and different.
Odometer.jpg
This kills the rotarfag.

$Triggered

Actually it would probably really improve a corvette lmao. The corvettes issue since the dawn of time is that big veeyate in the front messing up the handling, tha t and the chassis not being very top tier. The rotary would drastically improve weight distribution lmao. Sperg more piston cuck
Then buy some beat to shit worthless n\A FC and veeyate swap it. No one cares about that. Rx7 FD's are expensive as fuck they just make no dawn sense to ls swap.

>piston cuck
There's literally no such thing.
Conventional 4 cycle piston engines get better fuel economy, don't burn oil if they are in good condition, can be tuned to much higher levels of performance, are cheaper, don't require you to be a shit-eating fanboy to support, etc.
If you deliberately bought a piston engine instead of a rotary engine you are the opposite of cucked.

If you don't modify the! Past like 350hp and assuming the seals were of high quality from the factory you're talking !maybe every 75,000 miles unless you gum the thing up with carbon driving like a retard.
You can make them even more reliable but you'd need aftermarket seals since the factory ones are a bit thin for the pressure increase a turbo has.

Rx7 unreliability is mostly a meme.

Some of the old naturally aspirated 12a motors are actually very reliable. The turbo really puts a burden on those seals on the turbo models.
Rotary cars were always enthusiast cars and a non cucked enthusiast shouldn't care that he has to pop a couple new seals in every 4 years on his awesome sports car. Your average Ferrari will give you far more headaches

I'm terms of thermal efficiency you literally cannot beat a rotary engine. And the 4 rotor 1200hp miata race car would like to have a word with you about performance, so would the Mazda lemans car lol

>thermal efficiency
The efficiency of a rotary is fuckin shit. The fact that 4 cylinder engines are more fuel efficient, make more power with less fuel and efficiently transfer the energy of the gasoline to the crank makes your rotary look like garbage. There are no advantages to a rotary over a 4 banger

>I'm going to cheery pick one race the Mazda won and never did again ill also call it a miata because I need to meme a plural number of times per post

>I'm terms of thermal efficiency you literally cannot beat a rotary engine
What the fuck does this even mean?

It means he's full of shit since rotaries actually have terrible thermal efficiency.

ITT, autists who have never owned a rotary arguing over its merits/downfalls...

>The only way to learn about something is to purchase it. Science is invalid.
WEW.

1.3 liters
280hp
4.9 liters

These engines were made at the same time and yet the rotary has the vastly higher specific output. I might have memed myself by using the wrong terminology

Nice false equivalency. The 4.9L engine still use less fuel and offers better reliability.

and also does not burn oil by design

Lmao a Ford modular v8 does not use less has than a rx7. They use about the same, the rotary just makes way more power for its size

You realize that 1.3L is for ONE dorito while the 4.9L is for ALL cylinders, right? If the rotary were measured in the same way as a piston engine then it'd be an ugly 3.9L which is horrific in terms of efficiency.

>13b and LS1 weight almost the same

>>Hurrr hurr muh weight distribution!!!

Are you, retarded?

Op you tried so hard to Ryosuke you went full circle and became Itsuki. How sad

ls1 is literally soulless, might aswell drop a fucking tesla battery in there and enjoy your ipad box with wheels

You did not just say this. No.

well what you know, guy in a sweet 32 trying to take a bite out of old 86. you think your 380 horse will be enough?

ls1 is a decent powerhouse, with sweet sound. but fact that its a go to harlot for the every fucking car project is just sad.

>ls1 is literally soulless

Said the guy who likes an engine with the low end torque of a ice cream van and the sound of a broken lawnmower.

0-60lets need not apply.

You might as well tell us how many chromosomes you have because we know it's not 46 if you said that

13b sounds majestic as fuck above 6k rpm
and 4 rotor build sounds like a victory !

Sure, it's not badly sounding above that. But realistically for a DD, it's more sensible and reasonable to LS1 swap and RX-7 than put 4 fuckng rotors in it.

13b weighs about 120lbs less and can be mounted like a foot and a half further back in the engine compartment, moving the engine behind the axle, thus fixing the distribution problem that that memevette has
sperg more

No car is complete without an awd system and a powerful turbo !

This says absolutely NOTHING about "thermal efficiency"

thermal efficiency is taking the chemical energy from the gasoline and converting it to mechanical energy to the crank which translates to 4 cylinder engines being significantly more efficient than rotaries no questions asked.

>[CITATION NEEDED]

This has nothing to do with "thermal efficiency"

The volume or size of the engine means fucking nothing in terms of any efficiency, if you wanna bullshit about space savings you can jerk off to a meaningless metric as the RX7 is the same size as any other compact.

Sound is fairly subjective but the 13b sounds amazing at high revs and you get that glorious "BRAAAP" AT idle

I could loose him on the straight way and be done with it but where's fun in that! i came here to battle. The race as soon as i jerk off to the Gee teee aruuuu badge !

Not my kind of tea, sounds like a 2 stroke bike.

Riddle me this Doritofags.... if rotary engines are so great why hasn't it become the standard? Or anything at all for that matter ?

because muh 4 rotor won one single le mans

Please disregard EVERY other lemans being won by a piston engine

>inb4

>LE MANS!!!

Why are Veeky Forums shitposters more pissed with "weeaboos" than usual?

It's probably weaboos baiting other weaboos for the lolz, desu.

Emissions regulations are what killed the rotary.
Once it got banned from lemans because Porsche and Mercedes sperged about it it wasn't going to see much further high end development.

It's annoying because I become irrationally angry and upset by dumb posts even when I know it's just shitposting.

Rotorbros like to go on about lemans because the reason the 787b won was because it was superbly reliable and had low fuel consumption, which BTFO'S the typical apex seals and efficiency memes

Sounds like autism, have you gotten it checked?

WRC style Misfayaringu ShistemU !

But if they are more efficient the law of conservation (The most fundamental and immutable law of physics) means they should have less emissions.

IIRC, it didn't exactly have that great fuel consumption compared to the others. It took more fuel pitstops than other cars in the race and consumed more fuel too

No, it wouldn't help anyway because I'm an instinctual lie fabricator and couldn't accurately person my personality to a psychiatrist to save my life. I'm too good at faking it, all my interactions are just acting at this point.

Sounds like psychopathy, have you gotten it checked?

emissions are a regulatory thing. What would be a better example for this would be fuel efficiency in the form of miles per gallon.

You're right the law of conservation says for every 1kg of fuel you consume you'll get 1kg of gas produced as exhaust, but that says nothing about the engine's performance as every engine follows that law. What is a better indicator is fuel efficiency per mile

They're more efficient with the space they're pffered, they lose far less power from things like I ring drag and overcoming the inertia of the piston all that stuff. Kind of hard to explain that bit on Veeky Forums.

The emissions but is because they inject oil into their fuel mixture to lubricate themselves. Really really hard to pass emissions testing of you burn oil

At which doritos also fall flat on their face

No need, I know what I am and don't really want to be fixed, I would rather be myself than be drugged up into someone else. I can live with it, it's just annoying.

>piston inertia
That's what turns the crank shaft. Fucking autismo can't understand anything but fidget spinners.
>muh ring drag
And what are apex seals?

rotaries weren't banned, non-production engines were banned (homologation rules) and Mazda did not sell a 4-rotor car... also Mazda tried fielding 2-rotor and then 3-rotor cars for almost 10 years before that and they sucked

> I can live with it, it's just annoying.

I am going to continue baiting, desu. It's kinda funny to see egoistical cunts lose their shit over some internet opinions.

He said thermal efficiency not fuel efficiency you sperg. And nobody claimed rotaries were superior to i4's so stop trying to stir shit and fuck off.

They're the same fucking thing holy shit

4 bangers, lose less energy in the process of converting gasoline to mechanical energy, which is the primary reason 4 bangers are so much more fuel efficient in the first place.

Stop with your fucking nonsense, Efficiency is efficiency, there is no special "fuel efficiency vs thermal efficiency" in the laws of physics and chemistry its all the same shit.

And Doritos are garbage at everything. As I mentioned earlier they were conceived for nothing more than to cheat laws regulating engine displacement. Those laws no longer exist. That's why they don't make RXFag cars anymore. There's no need to.

Yes but the piston itself puts drag on the crankshaft when it's not firing, so essentially a 4 cylinder is always dragging 2 non powered cylinders with its power strokes where as a rotary is always on its powerstroke all the time.

The o ring argument is the fact that cars tend to have like 3 or 4 o rings on each piston while a rotary has 3 on two rotors, leading to less drag on the cylinder walls

Them and the emissions regulations has nothing to do with this made up shit that rotaries are some how more efficient than other 4 bangers

I deserve it for having autism. Besides shitposting can be fun sometimes.

Mazda likes the rotary because they can make their sports cars front mid engined with a shorter wheelbase.

It's not dragging shit. A bicycle crank reciprocates in the exact same manner and pedaling a bicycle is still the most energy efficient mechanical process that has yet been invented.
The thing that causes engine drag is the vacuum created on intake stroke which can easily be counteracted with a small turbocharger if maximum efficiency is your goal. Rotary engines experience the exact same vacuum. You just don't see it in your mind because you are autistic and think of it as a giant fidget spinner that you want to have sex with.

>they can make their sports cars
Current number of rotary engine driven sports cars in production: 0
They don't like rotaries because they know exactly why they made them in the first place. They only begrudgingly produced the RX-8 to get all the mentally unstable rotary fanboys off their back.

Ok then retard if you're so enlightened explain to me in detail why the rotary has always had such a ridiculous specific output compared to piston cuck engines.
Go on, tell me

>specific output
literally a meaningless metric. Piston engines deliver more power more efficiency which is all any engineer cares about.

Are you legitimely mentally disabled?
Mazda has been teasing the rx9 for years but they can't get it to pass emissions. That's literally the only reason we don't still have rx7's

Rotaries are shit, face it

-awful gas mileage
-awful emissions
-burns oil
-shit maintenance requirements
No piston engine has to put up with these features.

This is called backpedaling ladies and gents.

Specific output is a huge deal for a sports car because it saves weight and usually space as well. Can't wait for summer to end

Even better, make square dorito engines, one extra side means larger area to spread the heat on.

>never heard a rotary engine before
>all the jewtube videos he looks up of them are blocked in his 3rd world country

>This is called backpedaling ladies and gents.
No its not backpedaling at all

You bring up a metric no one in the consumer industry uses then try to blame the lesser metric on another platform as a result of its design even though this has no meaning anywhere because its a non-issue.

>huge deal for sports cars
not enough a big deal apparently to warrant any sports car to use it. Clearly the specific output of piston engines is adequate for 99.99999999999999999% of all sports engines to utilize such design.

Let's pretend for a second that specific output wasn't some retarded metric worshiped by 15 year old's that have never owned a car in their life.
It's because of the disingenuous manner that Mazda sold the engine displacement for rotary engines as. On say the 13B each combustion pocket has 3 0.65L combustion pockets. Mazda sold regulators on the idea that only the one that was currently lined up with the combustion section counted toward the total engine displacement. But the reality is that all 6 combustion pockets (with a total displacement of 3.9L) fire for each turn of the eccentric shaft. They probably managed to sell their BS because not many people were familiar with the Wankel engine at the time.
So they aren't even good at that either.
They are only good at space efficiency, but that's a meme too considering that frontal cross-section is more important to overall aerodynamics than how pointy you can make the front of the car.