Mazda Skyactiv-X is the most efficient piston engine EVER

>30% more efficient than Skyactiv-G, which is already 15% more efficient than most gasoline engines due to Atkinson cycle
>switches to spark ignition at high revs for power, or cold temps to heat up the engine
>superchargers will boost power 30% over current Mazda engines
50MPG easily, with no hybrid technology, or 1L turbos with horrible throttle response. Turbofags and electricucks watch out.

greencarreports.com/news/1111978_2019-mazda-3-to-feature-world-first-hcci-engine-for-efficiency-report

Post yfw the next Mazda3 has a supercharged 2.5L that makes 250HP.

>supercharged
>2.5L
>250 hp
meanwhile ford offers a turbocharged 3.5L with 450 hp
stupid japcucks

the power is impressive for what the engine is aiming to achieve

>3.5L """""Eco"""""Boost
>Ford GT gets 14MPG combined
This is about thermal efficiency, not power density dumbfuck.

BUT IMAGINE WHAT THIS MAZDA TECH COULD TO WITH A V6 OF SIMILAR SIZE

efficiency mean a better power to fuel ratio
like they have in F1 (it's not HCCI though i read somewhere that it was something else)

So what is the compression ratio? Must be over 11.5:1 if they're claiming more complete burn

18:1

That's not a typo. Mazda engines are currently 14:1 and are reliable, even when turbocharged, so I suppose they've made it work.

>all those hippies in that article's comment section

That's holy shit incredible

God dammit why didn't I buy a mazda

wtf I love Mazda now

Holy shit pham. My bike runs aftermarket internals and has 12.3:1. 18:1 is pretty much euro tin can diesel territory

That comments section gave me cancer, people sure do love Elon's musky D

>entire world moves to electric motors
>mazda r&ds petrol engines

ok

If you like manual you're going to want to stick with ICE cars for as long as possible. Also this engine """tech""" is going to be implemented in next years Mazda 3, well before electric fully takes over.

Maybe some day they'll break 300hp in a car.

Reminder that Mazda is the only automaker that offers a manual on all of their trim models for their cars

Does it really matter though when they cuck the throttle response for better mpg's?

Is it really all that bad compared to the garbage turbos on everything else that have inherently shit throttle response no matter what you do?

The Miata uses the same engine as the Mazda3 except tuned for sharp as fuck throttle response, but it requires premium to prevent knocking because lol 14:1 compression ratio
I'd imagine a flash could do the same if you're willing to pay that much more for premium gas

>mazdacuck
no thanks