So I'm changing my spark plugs...

So I'm changing my spark plugs, finishing up the first plug and I was tightening up the 10mm screw in pic related and it fucked snapped in half, I wasn't even tightening it that hard either. I'm like in shock...what the fuck do I do?!

Other urls found in this thread:

hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~bolt~stud~12315-plc-000.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thread two nuts together to twist it out

Take it out and put in another screw

Unless my eyes deceive me you'll need a new bolt for that one, and that usually means to remove the upper part of the engine/spark plug cover, whichever your car requires

Still, I don't know how those are exactly mounted in yours. Could you give us a photo of what it looks like without the coil there? As in remove the coil pack and show us the remains of the bolt

Luckily I managed to screw out the snapped part with pliers. So can I still use the black top to try and screw in the rest?

Never mind there isn't anything left for the black top to even screw in on. So I can't secure down the coil...

Walk out of Pick'N'Pull with a new stud in your pocket.

The nearest pick n pull is in RI and I'm in MA...and my local mechanic just closed so I can't go to them.

That thing looks like it'll come out - do you see the "nut shape"? Heat it up and then take it off, go to a parts store and get a new one - or get one from a junk yard if they dont have one

What the fuck Honda?

If you need the car to get there; use a normal bolt of the roughly same length, put it through the coil and then use some nuts and spacers to give the same shape of the "middle nut", if you understand

Yeah I do see that it can come out, but looks forever fucking seized and corroded in there, but I'll give it a shot. Have no idea if my local advanced auto parts will carry them, even for hondas.

As I said; is a temporary solution, if you understood the procedure I suggested

I sort of do, I'm gonna give my local auto parts store a look first and try to get that bolt out.

run a plastic tie like this

Welp it came out way easier than expected. Off to the auto parts store I go. Thank you guys for the tips. I'll update y'all.

Ok maybe not. The middle part or bolt doesn't seem to unscrew from the screw. No idea what to do.

Aight

Understand this? Box is coil, grey long is bolt, dark grey is nut/spacers

>spacers
Why bother? Just don't over-tighten.

Just gotta use a bolt thats the same size as the one that was inserted in the engine. It'll hold well enough until you get a new one

Eeewww. WTF is that?

This is why I don't work on my car.

To prevent it from rattling/moving, and getting the coil in the right position

This is why I don't do anything to my car.
I just buy a new one when the one I'm driving stops moving because new ones come with a full tank of gas

You guys think my Honda dealer would have the bolt and screw combo to buy? Only place I can think to look other than rockauto but I don't want to wait for that to ship to me as I'm nervous for leaving the coil slightly loose as it is.

iktf. i still do, but i almost always break one thing while fixing another. the price of independent learning.

Just replace it. Pretty sure K series use regular 10mm bolts now

In fact go ahead and replace all of them

A Honda

you should be able to run out to the hardware store and find a bolt to put in to hold it till you get the right part. looks like a 20 tpi thread.

this, but its metric. probably m8x1.25

you can run a shit ton of washers as a temp measure, but i'd just go to a wrecker or a dealer and source one of those studs that retain the coil.

hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~bolt~stud~12315-plc-000.html

That is the factory replacement part.

Or you can just go to Lowes/Home Depot/generic hardware store and buy an M6x1.0 bolt that's long enough to replace the original stud/nut and bolt the coil down.

It's an M6x1.0, like 90% of the bolts on a Honda.

This. It's not a big deal OP

duck tape
like so

I laughed thanks user