Extended cabs BTFO

Crew cab legroom vs. extended cab legroom

Why bother? Regular or crew. Not this little dinky shit.
>but muh storage!
Crew cabs have plenty of storage. Also, shells and tonneau covers exist.

Extended cab pickup owners, explain your choice. Is the crew cab really that much longer/more expensive/heavier? Do you really need the extra little bit of room?

4 door trucks are fucking stupid unless you got a family or haul around friends constantly. It's just extra weight and length that you'll never use 98% of the time. Extended cab 6'2'' box masterrace.

Nah, i'm much happy with an extended cab. My friends have their own cars and if I decide to chauffeur them around on occasions, I just let the tallest or largest one sit up front. But seeing how they fit comfortably in the back, it's no problem at all. Not only that but I need it for work and I refuse to buy a crew cab with a long bed, i don't need something that freakishly long.

If you have a problem squeezing in the back seat of a modern fullsize ext cab pickup, then you truly are a obese fuck.

extended cabs are for children and dogs
if you're transporting full grown men, buy a crew
it's not rocket surgery

Either have one row of seats. Or have two. 1.5 rows of seats is retarded and useless. Much like the short cargo bed. A cargo bed is either 6ft or more. Anything less than that ------>Trash.

>squeezing in
That's my point. There's no need to squeeze in. I could do it, but why should I? Besides, what about tall people? They don't have much of a choice. You're also concerned about the length of a long bed crew cab, which is understandable, but why wouldn't you get a regular cab? You said it yourself, your friends have their own cars. It's less weight and length than the extended cab. Like I said, crew or regular, not the worst of both worlds.

Besides, here's an obese fuck in the back of a Ford Ranger. It can be done, but why bother?

This is god tier posting

>6'2'' box
kek

1. because it's a truck, not a soccer mom transporter
2. Pillarless cab is god tier
3. 1999-2007 Silverado extended cabs arent cramped

Why a not a regular cab? Two reasons, extended cab offers a satisfactory amount of room (to which I prefer) than a regular cab does, and room to store my go to equipment in back that I don't want to store in the bed, but i didn't even bother to mention that because you already pulled the "muh storage" point. Overall, it's versatile, just right and i'm happy with it.

If you're talking about midsize pickups, then yeah, I can understand that large or tall people wouldn't be comfortable in the back seat. In that case, go for a Crew.

>explain your choice

Well, I bought this extended cab because it is a collector vehicle and I simply wanted a bigger, nicer version of my 78 F150 that I could use to haul car/horse trailers and such. Found a nice rare pickup for $2,000 that met all my requirements, and then some.
>1974 was the first year ever for the factory SuperCab pickup from ford.
Very hard to come by, and even more so to find one that isn't rusted to shit in the back of the cab and bedsides...
I stand by my choice...

regular cab truck here
no jump seat, no nothing, window behind my head
still haul the dogs and kids around town, where, in the bed, where else
g_d tier rural living, no faggot police telling us how to live
no registration, no license, no insurance
as long as i stay on res land i am good to go

>Regular
Patrician
>Extended
Great taste
>Crew
Fucking cancer. Drive an SUV or end yourself.

Extended cabs are basically the manlets of the truck world. Crew cab owners are chads.

extended cabs primarily serve as space to keep your tools so they arent out in the elements. this is what they are used for 98% of the time
or for carting your kids every now and then, or manlet mexican laborers

also extended cabs have longer trays than dual cabs...

Just get a cap faggot

and limit the usability of the tray? nah bro
room in the cab is more than enough for all power tools and my bags

I fit fine in the back of a extended cab 07 silverado
And I'm taller than that round manlet

Is it really that hard not to be a fat fuck in 2017?
Just watch some youtube videos on how to exercise and do it.

>Not getting the best of both worlds driving a standard cab with rear facing jumper seats in the bed

Ive gor a 17 taco extended cab, poverty trim (SR with the utility package; removes back seat and some cup holders, saves me 1500). Perfect space for all my stuff that i dont want in the bed, while never having to give lifts to groups of people.

I had a single cab silverado before, and honestly that extra space is a god send. So much more room for stuff.

Maybe stop being a fatass.

>but why should I?
Get out of my fucking truck then, you fat dipshit cuntbag.

I drove a single cab for years and hated the lack of storage. Thats the only reason i wanted extended.
I dont have friends so no need to worry about people in the back anyway.
My roommate has a crew cab Tundra but never has anyone else in it either, and now hes stuck with a babby 6 foot bed instead of an 8.5.
When i was buying a truck i originally looked for 4 doors but those fuckers are way too expensive just for some cab space.

>explain your choice
I very rarely need to transport more than myself and one passenger, and as such I'd rather have the extra bed space in trade for the eventual two extra passengers having a bit less leg space when I get my rear seats

*blocks u're bed*

>all of these extended cucks trying to justify their pointless waste of space while slamming the only reasonable choice
I mean maybe if you're frequently hauling people under 10, it would be wise.

Crew cabs are superior for work trucks because you can move 4 guys around comfortably and without hassle. Plus they can even leave things inside the truck without using up valuable space.

I guess if you're just moving your friends from one farm, to the adjacent farm, and extended cab is fine. Not for a work truck though.

Theres a million reasons on top of this. Sometime im on the road and want to take a nap at the truck stop for a couple hours i want my seat to recline. Going grocery shopping with the wife but you got concrete tools in the bed? Boom extended cab. Want to have a wicked subwoofer? Boom extended cab. Dont like the look of the hugeass crew cab? Boom extended cab. Also my trucks trim only came in extended cab. But not the gay ford style. It has its own handle and everything.

Maybe not all of us haul around four sweaty guys on a daily basis.

Extended cab trucks are just SUVS with a little shelf in the back

I have a crew cab because it was given to me to fix.
I love all the space, I can just fold up the seats and fill it with equipment. It even has easy access doors to get to stuff back there.

Why?

I opted for the extended cab for that extra foot in the bed and in newer half tons they are still extremely roomy

If you're concerned about interior space:
>There's room behind the seat in single cabs.
>There's bed mount tool boxes.
>There's bed rail mount tool boxes.
>There's ladder racks/cargo baskets.
>There's bed covers.
>Crew cab is king.

If you're concerned about overall length:
>Huge difference between RCLB and ECLB
>Small difference between ECLB and CCLB
>Single cab is king.

There is nothing the extended cab is good at. It's a compromise between regular and crew cab for people that can not decide between the two, however is has 90% of the disadvantages of both. It's not a good compromise.

>extended cabs primarily serve as space to keep your tools so they aren't out in the elements.
No. If you have tools you need to keep dry, you put them in a tool box. You don't add a foot and a half to the wheelbase and pay thousands extra for an extended cab.

The shortest bed available is shorter with a crew cab but the longer beds are still available.

mfw indians are the only actually free americans

I remember in highschool, the first of our friends to get their own car had a 2 door 90's~ Dakota. We still managed to fit 4 people in the back seat. people who say they need a larger cab for passengers aren't trying hard enough.

>I never use my.truck for truck stuff

Tfw not a fat American so I can fit anywhere

My 4 door with a 6.5ft box only has a 140in wheelbase. I can still drift it and cross creeks fine

Extended is good if you need the storage for big stuff like a snowmobile, ATV or dirtbike.

Youre right most construction companies should just use rav4s and crvs

>>There's room behind the seat in single cabs.
Yes, but not as much an ext cab can offer.
>>There's bed mount tool boxes
Already have that, and it's a storage underneath my rear passenger seats.
>>There's bed mount tool boxes.
I have no need for that. But if you drive an impractical crew cab, I can see why you'd need it.
>>There's bed covers
I already have one, but still, there's things I still have to separate from each other, leave all the big tools in the bed, and my go to tools in the cab.

But honestly, I don't really care what your preference is, my extended cab does a great job at what it needs to, it seats people perfectly in the back whenever I have more than 1 passenger, and offers a good amount of room than a single cab would, good enough shelter for important shit, not too big, and is overall the better choice in my opinion.

>I have no need for that. But if you drive an impractical crew cab, I can see why you'd need it.

Let me get this straight.
Going with an extended cab instead of a single cab (24" longer) is not impractical.
Going with a crew cab instead of an extended cab (13" longer) is way too impractical.

If I went with the crew cab for maximum storage instead of the extended cab, you can see why I'd need additional external storage?

Extended cab offering more space behind the seat than a regular cab is a good thing.
Crew cab offering more space than an extended cab is a bad thing even though you're obviously pressed for space using the back seat, tool box, and bed for storage.

Since you seem to value a short wheelbase VERY highly seeing as that extra 13" of a crew cab would be so impractical to you, why not consider a single cab long bed configuration? You'd have more storage space in the bed, plenty in a tool box, more behind the seat, and you'd save an additional 10" of wheelbase.

Here's the thing. You're free to like your extended cab as much as you please. But do not try to pass it off as a utilitarian choice. It's a compromise.

None of that stuff will fit in an extended cab.

standard cab long bed masterrace

ECLB, CCSB, and CCLB are the only logical choices from my experience.

Really, if you need anything other than a Honda Ridgeline, or a Chevy Avalanche, you might aswell just get a diesel dually

Post truck, fag

I wanted the Chevrolet Double cab because they are regular doors versus the traditional extended cabs which require the drivers door to open first.
However, I carry people more than cargo so I got the crew cab. Aesthetically, the double cab with standard bed is way better looking, like this

This takes me back to the days of having to sit in the back of my old man's S-10 with those sideways seats as my asshole brother ensured the front passenger seat was rammed back as far as humanly possible

>not a soccer mom transporter
>leather and no bedliner

>leather and no bedliner
Nothing wrong with that.

Get the cab you want with the bed you want.

>watching a big pickup try to parallel park
>they just can't manage to fit it in the spot
>they try to call me over to help spot
>i shake my head and smile

assholes

They need to git gud

am tall. reg cab dodge is a nightmare to drive comfortably in. diesel extended cab longbed ford lets me take a nap. never have anybody but me in the truck, utility bed is full of tools, siphon kit, and parts from stripping cars. works p well for me. 4 door cab would be nice for a nap but you take what you can find, a well maintained eclb was more valuable to me than a high mileage ratfucked cclb.

Insurance is cheaper tho

Here it's basically the same regardless of the number of doors maybe +/- $50 a year difference.

Waiting for the 2500's and 3500's to finish their 20 point turns at MEC or other cramped parking lots makes my fucking blood boil. Don't drive a big truck if you fucking suck at driving.

crew cabs are more expensive to insure because they cost more.
however the difference is completely negligible. 4x4 makes much more of a difference. (cause tards think it can go offroad and get it stuck)

If you've got a long enough truck, it just takes a couple of back and forths to get into spots
t. ECLB in a big city

Maybe if it's a Ford, GM and Dodges have much sharper turning radius.

A true American folks, how can I even compete

State Farm and Geico quoted me less for a crew cab

Used to be everywhere was like that. Except maybe NYC, but nobody cared because it didn't run everything or tell everyone what to do.

Crew cabs tend to be a bit more pricey, OP. And for me, I wanted a NA V8 and the only ones on the lot were extended cabs. Plus the V8 engine was cheaper too. And the cab option was cheaper. And I don't need to carry people in the 2nd row, just stuff I don't want stolen.

>have quad cab
>but dream of mega cab

I've got an '03 ECLB Chevy. Got a big turn radius, but it's not a big deal. Have to add a couple points to my turn everyonce in a while.

neat. mine was the difference of less than 5 bucks a month.

an interesting note was that the aluminum F-150 was $3 over 6 months higher than the Silverado.

If youre going to buy a truck, get a big fuckin truck. My waifus hates ext. cab more than I do. Full size, 4 door, and short bed is great. Short bed too short, drop the fucking tail gate!

>not the shortest possible cab and longest available bed

It's like you don't even use your truck for truck shit.

oh mama them meaty legs

it's a truck not a minivan. do us all a favor and buy a crossover.

>buy a Ute
>Waste tray space
No thanks mate.

did this faggot really sit in the back of a canyon ext cab and in the back of a half ton crew to depict the difference in legroom?

Before I bought my truck I knew that I wanted an extended cab to keep random shit like tools and clothing in while having a clear 6 foot bed. I always thought crew cab trucks were stupid, except for glorious 1 tonne turbo diesel crew cab long bed dually trucks. Now I own a 2002 extended cab S10, exact same interior as pic related. You can only sit 2 people in the front comfortably and 1 person in the back comfortably. However I regularly have 3 people in the front and 2 people in the back, which means someone has to sit on the floor. We even managed 3 in the front 3 in the back once, but only once. I'm actually planning on swapping in the jump seat out of a Ford Ranger since they bolt to the floor instead of the side of the cab like my S10. I wish I had a crew cab S10 but the 4ft box sucks. Now instead I'm hauling around friends in my extended cab truck while all my shit stays in the back of my truck with a slightly waterproof Lear cap. But eventually I want to build a crew cab 6ft bed ZR2 clone.

Also modern single cab half tonne trucks have almost the same amount of space as 90's/2000's quarter tonne trucks. And Modern extend cab half tonnes are pretty much the same as older crew cabs, same with the modern quarter tonne trucks.

>as long as i stay on res land i am good to go
how practical is this? how large is your res?

looks about the same to me dude

Crew cab short bed 1500 master race checking in

>ECLB and CCLB aren't better configs
Step up, nig. Cab space for indoor storage and passengers is way better. I'm in an ECLB and really wish I had a CCLB.

ECLB is useless. If you NEED more space than a single cab, you're best off just stepping up to a crew cab.

Crew cab short bed 2500 is the master race.

I think CCSB is one of only three acceptable configurations, but some people need longbeds.

Ram or chitvy?

Shoulda bought a Ranger, they have jumpseats on both sides.

>air intake on a hood bulge which in turn is on a hood bulge
MUST. LOOK. MANLIER.

the single cab has a 2.5 meter long tray, the dual cab has a 1.8 meter long tray.

RCSB, RCLB, CCSB, and CCLB all have their uses.
I personally favor RCLB and CCSB.

>why do you need double cab
because I actually use my truck for truck things.
I can fit 8' long building materials INSIDE the cab of my truck. It's like having a roomy suv plus a box in the back and I simply could not live with a faggy little single cab/access cab.
Plus, you can remove the rear seats and sleep in it if you ever wanted to.

This all of the boxlet 6 foot beds driving around have to drop their tailgate to fit a sheet of plywood

I see no point in RCSB when you could go RCLB, I do understand CCSB over CCLB if you're in a city.

>regular

Can't properly adjust driver's seat, can't carry much in cab. Makes sense as a pure work truck though since you save a little wheelbase by not having the backseat area so you can fit a longbox in the same overall length or run standard/short box and save length.

Ideal for cost-saving work truck.

>crew

No problem here except it usually comes at great expense of box length. Fine with standard or long box if length isn't an issue, but crew+shortbox is fucking retarded and a sure sign of a mall/garage queen. Most crew+shortbox would be objectively superior as SUVs or even vans to enclose and climate-control the "box" rather than as pickups.

Ideal for, well, CREW based work truck, provided it has at least standard box.

>extended cab

Perfect compromise. Extra interior room for driver/passenger comfort and some climate-controlled cargo or another passenger (or two if you're cruel or they're literally child-sized). Can use regular or longbox without becoming fuckhuge. Offers most of the utility of the crew/quadcab with a size closer to standard cab. Bonus points for door(s) on extended cab.

Ideal for end-user, contractor, otherwise solo/pair work truck and daily driver.

Question for all truckfags:
Any limit to what goes in the bed? My van is usually full of backpacks, gym bags, and other 5 pound packages. But smaller things like plastic bags or stacks of paper would fly away, correct? What do you know to leave in the cab? What methods do you use to secure light loads in the bed?

Gets a lot of its air intake through the ram air on the new design. It's a beast of a truck.

Have to strap down light loads and/or put them at the front of the bed next to the cab. The decision is a mixture of common sense and experience on what goes where.

>not using DOT securement rules.

I was in the market for a mid 2000's Ford Ranger Sport 3.0 2WD with either transmission. The S10 was an Impulse buy. I'm normally a GM/Toyota guy but the Ranger is one of the few Ford Products I like.
>Vinyl flooring
>better ground clearance
>both rear doors open
>two jump seats
>better aftermarket for offroading compared to S10
>just as reliable, the S10 might just be more easier to work on.
I wan't to trade it for a first gen Tracker now anyway so oh well.

I have pretty much the exact same opinion.
>SuperExtraDoubleMegaAccessExtraExtendedCrew Cab
>not anything other than Single, Extended, or Crew
Why the fuck are there 9 different kinds of crew cab and 4 different kinds of extended?

If you have shit in the bed right behind the cab the air pressure keeps it in place, if its right up against the tail gate it probably wont go away unless you hit a really bad bump. The real problem is shit sliding around the bed all the time from sideways g forces.

It's a good size for 1/2 tons if you don't need much bed space or if you place a high value on a short wheelbase for some reason. But again, it's not my preference. I just acknowledge that there are uses where it is the best choice.

The L5P Duramax needs the cooling. Nearly 500 HP and 1000 ft-lbs stock from a diesel in a light truck is unreal.

>Offers most of the utility of the crew/quadcab with a size closer to standard cab.
Except it doesn't.
As far as utility it doesn't offer comfortable seating for 2-3 adults in the back and having to open the front door becomes a major annoyance if you actually use the back seat for anything. It's pretty close to a single cab for utility. If you don't care about the comfort of your rear passengers, just let them ride in the bed.
As far as size, it's much closer in size to a crew cab than it is to a single cab.

It's a terrible compromise that gives you the disadvantages of both without advantages. The only thing it's good at is giving normies an easy choice if they're torn between RC and CC.

I will say that the extended cabs on the new GMs fixes one of your complaints about opening the front doors.
And yeah, the L5P's a beast.

Silver Silverado Sisters!

They're good trucks.

Mines a gasser but she just tipped the scale of 200k