cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/d/1973-moto-guzzi-el-dorado-11k/6245655475.html
sandusky.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ninja-300-special-edition-abs/6192861328.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Bullet-proof baiku edition
ohai, i guess your looking for me, i'm just your friendly neighborhood Urban Assault Vehicle, but you can call me Doctor Z

Are 250cc dual sports fun?

why is this cruiser so expensive
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/d/1973-moto-guzzi-el-dorado-11k/6245655475.html

ADV Bike is Best Bike

of course
lighter bikes are always fun

>rapidly escalating in value
ha ha ha only thing rapidly escalating is that idiots imagination

>Moto-Guzzi
>Cum-Guzzling hippie faggot

>engine rebuild for how often I check my valves
Yeah, indestructible for sure.

do you guys think a properly outfitted KLR650 could function as an "Adventure Bike"?
for a poorfag i mean

Pigfat. Dr650 is far superior and a competent dirtbike

Of course.

They're pretty much the poor mans adventure bike

people do it on postie bikes in Australia.

Is it fair to say that the only

Anyone know what would cause a carbed bike to be unable to do keybangers? I'm using the exact same method that works for my other bike but i dont get any pop at all when i flip the killswitch back on.
Could it be the exhaust leaks making the mixture in my pipes too lean?

Probably pretty fun if you ride them off road like you should. When on road it's nicer to have a more powerful bike though.

???

Yep, folks travel the world on those fucking things.

Just got back from a nice 5hr ride with my dad, saw some natives, saw some drunk natives too. Was overall a comfy ride. Gonna look at doing a long weekend trip to the black Hills.

well if my valves are good, any other nit-picky things you could claim?

did you fuck after cuddling all day?

>cuddling?
eh, i think they were probably on separate bikes user

his was riding pillion with his dad all day user.
no one here actually has their own bike.

>saw some drunk natives too
Just say you saw Natives, it´s the same thing

You have too many Z in your name to be bulletproof.

Nice! It's always comfy going for rides with pops, these other losers are just jelly.
What are you two riding?

i put ethanol in my old 2 stroke and now it burns (more) oil wat do?

you are a fucking idiot you now need to replace the seals in the engine because all of them are fucked.
probably half of the gaskets also, possibly the piston and rings.

:^)

Like, these natives were passed out on the side of the road with a brown paper bag in hand. Normally they're still conscious enough to harass you for money, drugs or a lighter.

We're riding heavyweight sport touring bikes, he's got a 2003 ST1300 and I ride a 2006 FJR1300.

that's what i thought
FUCK
non ethanol is so hard to find

the fuel in a 2 stroke is the oil, it gets mixed around all inside the engine case and through all the bearings and ethanol eats away at rubber and thats what most of your seals are made of.

I sense the WRfag is back, seeking revenge for the superior machine

Well it hasnt broken down yet.

well it's rattling anyway and leaking transmission oil so a rebuild probably is for the best anyway

WR is high maintenance too, all dual sports are compared to street bikes. Hard to call them bulletproof.

How long does it take to replace the head gaskets on a modern watercooled engine? I have a small leak, probably going to do it this winter

Only if it's a WR250R, XT250, XR250L, or KLR250.
Or get a tree fiddy.

>tfw your bike has two piece idle speed screw
>but you don't know it
>your manual has schematic where it's just one screw
>so you rebuild carburetor and replace its mounting boot

Is a DR350 more fun than a WR250R?
I assume it has less power and more weight and
is just all around shittier because if it's age.

If you and your friends are out hooning around and actin a fool, I think they look like SO much fun. If you're just riding alone, eh probably not. Unless you're super into exploring off-road.

>“After all these years, it’s really validating to finally see movies where a guy launches his Kawasaki Ninja H2R off a bridge, lands it cleanly atop a train speeding toward Tokyo at 200 mph, and then disconnects the passenger cars right before the engine explodes,” said local man Jake Champney, 35, adding that he was grateful his children will be able to grow up watching films in which a person leaps from a train at the last possible second to escape the ball of flame erupting behind him. “Representation is so important. When I was a kid, it felt as if no one cared about the experiences of the guy who was clinging to the landing skids of an airborne helicopter or inching his way along the bottom of a moving semi truck and up toward the cab. Thankfully we’ve made a lot of progress since then.”

I was snapping this picture right as a few dindus were approaching in a very suspicious manner.

I've never ridden a WR. Weight is about the same but DR350SE's have meh suspension. Power wise, the 350 will have more torque down low. Even with the stock street gearing, it'll still chug up hills.
It's not nearly as polished and modern as the WR but it's a hell of a lot cheaper and still a versatile bike. Throw it around in the woods, sumo it, or go touring. You can add a kicker to electric models if you want, too.
Really just a poor man's DRZ but still a great bike in its own way

Kodak... is this in Rochester?

Nah, Washington state.

A tw ayy

nice baiku regardless :)

The DR350 is the much better all rounder: can be loaded up for travel, has legs on the highway, and makes its power much lower down (so you can lug it off road). But of course it's much heavier.

The WR is the better fast trail bike.

The 350s with the adjustable cartridge forks (the dirt and later steet models) are pretty good. They're a wash with the DRZ, and worlds better than the 650 dual sports.

The DRZ was a step backwards in most respects. Can't wait for Suzuki to replace that with something hopefully more in the spirit of the 350 (I.e. 6-speed, tach, ditch the shim valves)

He's insane, moto guzzis old bikes aren't worth anymore than a jap bike of that era.
Should be up for 3k at best.

why are people retarded. it does look nice i think i would pay 3 grand no problem

chain maintenance? whats that?

DR650 is better in literally every respect once you put a safari tank on it.

But it depends where you're going. If you're adventuring in the first world than the DR650. If you're going to the third world then look for a DR350 for a poorfag bike (or a CRF250L for something new).

Nah they're worth more then old jap bikes but nowhere near that much more

I passed the test with 0 points lads

it isnt really that hard mate.

I mean if looking at scarcity then you are right, but you could get a lightly used moto guzzi california for around 9 grand.

dirt bike chains are meant to be really loose

Alright I've been becoming a bit more curious lately so I might as well go full blown gay. I sold my dirt bike and an looking for a street bike. I've never been interested owning anything I have to pay insurance for and ride on a road with you know... rules and shit. But I've been thinking lately it would be pretty nice to take a light night ride here and be able to ride all year long being that I'm in South Florida. But I honestly know fuck all about road bikes. Say I'm looking for a 2007 gsxr 600 or 750 I don't even know what is a good price how many miles are too many (miles? What are those) and most importantly what to look at when buying a used bike. Pretty much every road bike ad seems like a scam y all seem shiesty. And that's coming from someone who rides dirt bikes... which are stolen and ridden illegally by thug life wheelie boys all the time.

why are you posting so many meme stroke meme wheel memebikes?

The early 70's loop frame guzzis have been skyrocketing in value recently, 5 years ago a restored one would barely break $10k but now they're approaching 20. That's still crazy overpriced though, $5k would probably be fair, in a few years he might get that kind of money.

All i know is Illinois is harder than Minnesota according to some stranger i met from Minnesota. Friend with the CBR failed his first time and technically failed his second one but the evaluator gave him another chance. Then again he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

because they are fun? isnt fun allowed?

yooooooo wya senpai

Objectively much less fun than a dirt bike with dirt wheels.

That's excessive.

XR100R is love
XR100R is life

I passed with 2 points
Went real wide on my U-turn but perfected everything else.

I don't know how DR650 became a meme.
I'm 5'7" so I got the DR, but if I had extra 4" of inseam, I would so XR650 instead.

That is looser than my ktm which has a pds rear shock so it needs to be looser than most other bikes.

Spamming/flooding is against the rules

Baby XR is cute!

Des Plaines. I think there's one dude in DP here too.

on topic posts are not spam mate
im sorry you feel that way. i happen to prefer 2 strokes because of that lovely smell

I was up in the Orland Park area. mite b up soon tho, if there's still riding weather I might hit you up.

The XR is neat in theory: being dry sump air cooled is like a big DR350. But the XR is STUPID tall - don't even try to ride one if you're not over 6 feet - plus it really needs an oil cooler like the DR650 because the XRs overheat (something which isn't an issue on the 350 for whatever reason).

I wonder if the XR couldn't be fixed by lowering it with longer links and sliding the tubes up (it's got plenty of clearance to spare) and adding an oil cooler, but then you've basically just made a DR650. Easier to just start with a DR and put decent forks on it.

You're flooding the board, people have gotten banned for the same thing you're doing on Dbt before.

Never heard of an XR650 over heating under normal use.
Also you can lower a bike with spacers in the forks and shock

i think your chain is too tight. Have you tried removing your shock and pivoting the swingarm up to set it at the tightest point?

probably. looks like he fucked with the lower chain guide too.

this

Yea message me on sc filipinocd
No the cd doesn't stand for cross dresser, it's my initials

and you are shitposting. your posts have even less value than mine.

how do you justify this? have a nice drift photo while you ponder.

Pointing out you're breaking the rules is shitposting? Neck yourself please.

Preload for lowering is street bike tier adjustment.

No... spacer INSIDE the shock. Its a thing.

gotta love aussies. absolute madmen
sometimes i wish i had a postie bike

I met a guy touring on one in Colombia (he rode it down from Canada). Actually it was some weird adventure version of the XR they made for like one year that had a fixed front (had a cool Africa Twin look to it). He liked it, but said it would overheat driving in traffic.

Pretty sure I've heard the same thing from others but can't remember where.

We spent the first 30 minutes of a thread talking about coffee once. I was getting ready for a tour, said cafe instead of diner, and here we are.
>Kenyan coffee is best coffee.

I actually did this to my grom because the stock front suspension bottoms out incredibly easy. Added an inch or so of travel with spacers inside the forks, so much better now.

If it was bone stock, they run super lean.
Just jet it properly and it won't overheat

it's not too tight.

You did no such thing. There is no way to space UP the forks. They are designed to have max travel and it cant be raised. You may have just compressed the springs keeping it from sagging

added

The spacer was added to the internal damper rod, allowing more travel before bottoming out.

sandusky.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ninja-300-special-edition-abs/6192861328.html

Good deal for a starter bike? The only issue is that I have no real way of getting it back home