So I've been trying to decide what car to get and my options have basically boiled down to either a CPO BMW m235i...

So I've been trying to decide what car to get and my options have basically boiled down to either a CPO BMW m235i (roughly 38k out the door) or a Volkswagen Golf GTI S.

Now let me be perfectly clear. I hate the look of the GTI but on paper I think it's exactly what I need. I can buy one brand new out the door for less than 24k

I plan on putting a good amount of miles on whichever car I end up going with

What do you guys think? Is the extra $13k worth the BMW style/luxury and speed? I've driven every economy hatchback on the market: Prius, ct200h, mazda3, etc.. and I hate the flimsy and thin feel of them and love the thickness and isolation of a BMW. But on paper it just doesn't seem worth it. What do you guys think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_HR6XlH4WeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mustang GT

>I hate the look of the GTI but on paper I think it's exactly what I need
Which is what?

>buying a new car
>new

lmao might as well just light your money on fire and then stick it in your ass and then poop it into and flush it down a toilet

What do you need out of the GTI? If you really hate hatchbacks they make the Jetta GLI, it's similar to the GTI but a sedan.

Cheap, reliable, sporty perks, the perfect size for my garage, tuneable, and can be obtained brand new.

Civic Si.

235i is a nice fucking car. Its fast and looks amazing. I would hate my life driving a gti every day. Embarassed, really.

>reliable

lol kill yourself

huehue

get a fiesta st

Does the BWM have driving aids like lane keep assist or ACC?

Whichever car has those if you're gonna drive a lot.

Why is buying a new car so bad?

Newfag btw

cumaro ss

Look at a Golf R?

>I hate the look of the GTI but on paper I think it's exactly what I need.

you will not be happy with GTI, so go to CPO BMW m235i

youtube.com/watch?v=_HR6XlH4WeI

Because none of us can afford one so we all hate on the idea of someone buying something that we can't

If you have 38k, buy a Mustang GT or Camaro SS.

the M235i is on another planet compared to the gtslow. It sounds better, its more powerful, its correct wheel drive, it isnt a volkswagen, it'll hold its value better because "muh baby M".

If your considering a gti for the practicality, why not an M135i/M140i? If you get one before they go front wheel drive then it'll be worth a bit more when you sell it.