/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Wasn't prepared to meet Kali in hell
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/151rdCnXVxKPaMcF8XUq9le2fFBS2uOFsv0kCouNpFpc/edit#gid=357720482
youtube.com/watch?v=A05nHrz9bsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not first

but you are

Knight senpai will have to notice me now.

goddammit

>thinking about making dex/int char
>realize dex char can't invade
>not allowed to make my swordcerer
Also the mage has a quirky attractiveness to her

>heard of an invader called the Pursuer
>saw him just now
Nice

did you have sexual relationships with his anus

Kinda want to try DaS2 again, keep on starting a new game and never vetting past the grey bell assholes.
I mean, I'm going in blind so I guess it'll be fun
Any recommendations for actually seeing the game through?
Is NG+ really different?

yes I do, prove that I don't faggot.

I also know a guy who farmed the giant memories so many times, he was something like lvl400 at the end of ng. I think he might be autistic.

Nah, I was an invader too.

I hope he has the script to invade specific people so he can pursue his prey.

>realize dex char can't invade

Que?

>196+221 AR with sharp astora GS +6 with 40 dex at only SL50

Feels good, man. Dat S scaling doe.

FUCK

UP

THE

PARTY

BEFORE

IT

EVEN

START

I've had an epiphany. As much as I like making builds, the game is so much more fun when you don't have a specific goal. Vague strength guy is almost done and been a total blast. Ended up full Millwood, Earthseeker excluded of course.
What's next? Dex? The crow weapons in Ashes look pretty great. Strength again but different? Still tons of weapons I didn't try, exile and muled Gael's. Something/faith? Pyro, maybe? Have either of those been changed much since release?
Give me some general ideas. What's got lots of fun stuff?

how does patches trap in CotD work if the lever is on the other side of the bridge?

I guess user thinks Dex has no gank spank options. He is for getting Murakumo and Astora Greatsword.

>not liking the Shrine Handmaidens soft voice always being excited with her "Ahh~"

just try invading with a dex character and see what happens

Better question, why don't the giants actually do anything after he springs the trap on you? They just continue to sit there doing nothing.

One of the giants gets all up in your shit when the trap is sprung

>"Shrine Handmaidens soft voice"
>loving the sound of a cackling old hen

Not that guy but I'm invading with 40 dex using a sharp astora GS and sharp RH halberd and crushing people at SL50, idk what you're talking about.

Patches paid the mangrub on the other side to get in on it.
Patches didn't pay him enough.

he paid off a slug man across from it

thats why he doesnt attack him

The giant next to the gate is supposed to agro you once you trigger the trap. He bugs out sometimes though.

>there are people in this general with only one character

It actually completely escaped my mind that you can give str/quality weapons a sharp infusion

>this is now an official NO SCREAMING thread
please talk in a low and reasonable voice at all times

see

Not only that, but user was talking about a dex int build. I dont know if he was trying to incorporate casting or just buffs and utility gimmicks but he has options

I have 6. Am I cool yet?

>there are subhumans in this general with multiple characters

yup 200+ hours and it just got flagged as cheating

Murakumo and Astora are Dex weapons, what are you smoking?

aaaaaahhhhhhh

Str fag here, you serious? I'm using it just fine with str.

Sure thing famygdala

reeeeee
fucking shouters get off my hub

Sharp with dex is just straight up the strongest infusion for all those weapons. Refined got nerfed real bad.

Your Souls waifu will become real and love you forever but for that to happen you have to assfuck one male character from each Souls game. If you fail to do this you'll have to watch her get raped to death by Smough. Who do you choose?

there are alot of weapons that work well with both dex and str centric builds

More often than not, str wins in highest ar, while dex gets comparable numbers while also not loosing a chunk of ar while not 2h the weapon because of the way sharp infusion works

Fine

What if Smough is my waifu?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/151rdCnXVxKPaMcF8XUq9le2fFBS2uOFsv0kCouNpFpc/edit#gid=357720482
Astora GS is the only ultra that does the most damage with DEX.

I mean, you CAN use Astora's as strength, but it's by far at it's weakest that way, and why would you when you have the entire rest of the weapon class to use as strength?

cesspool of degenerates

Ok then he gets raped to death by 4 Smoughs.

This is easy; I go both ways.

Gwyndolin
Maughlin
Orbeck

Alright

Kalameet
Sinh
Midir

What's wrong with only having one character?

that's not even difficult
Gwyndolin
Lothric
I guess i can't think of a twink in ds2 right now

>almost 1700 hours, split on 6 characters
>just got banned without any valable reason and without any warning message
T-thanks F-from

need cat ring muled pls help

pc
password: ring
pontiff fight area

Ladder camping hosts: when will they learn?

Are you literally me?

>Orbeck

Mah nigga

How do you deal with people who just run at you and backstab you?

I was FACING THE FUCKER

HOW WAS THAT A BACKSTAB

LAGSTABS NEVER FUCKING LEFT

when their actions have consequences

youtube.com/watch?v=A05nHrz9bsE

is great farron dart worth a slot for pve/pvp as a throwing knife replacement?

I am your purple phantom.

I dont have a souls waifu and I'm not a homosexual

SAHDJKSFGHBADS;LIJFGHBVSA SOMEONE HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

There's Also Sharp Lothric Knight UGS.

yes
its very spammable with good chip damahe

I'm mid-animation and he spins me around, locks me in place, and kills me. I'm so fucking mad.

Literal autistic retard here. I'm playing SOTFS for the first time and I can't figure out how to riposte.

I can parry really well but I've only done a riposte 2 or 3 times. What's the correct time frame to do it?

No one likes a frogposter.

R1, R1, R1...

>all those almost latency free attacks and parries

Japs truly are spoiled with this game.

After they fall on their ass.

Holy shit

Ringed knight SS is fucking awesome to pull out at the end of a duel of finish someone off

I don't know if people don't recognize it or what, but so many people get caught off guard when you do the WA

post feet

Depends on your build and style.

I dont like it much personally.

I prefer soul mass for harassing and soul arrow for quick highly efficient damage.

Any one on ps4 wanna help with Nameless king?
PW is dsg1 SL80

Wait until they are lying on the ground

not even kidding

>dude falls on his ass
>walk up to him
>attack
>regular attack animation

What am I doing wrong?

>summoned as blue to catacombs
>retard host somehow managed to attract 20 skeletons to catacombs bonfire
>not even exaggerating he probably somehow brought the skeles by the bridge all the way to the bonfire
>invader is braindead shitter spamming r1 with bordthammer
>host refuses to leave and get away from skeles
>dies

I want to have sex with onlyafro. He's a cutie

Do I need 10 wins in a row to go up a badge rank? 10 total? I just want to get gold and get back to invading.

believe or not there are players who "play" Dark Souls by running to the next bonfire and having the entire area chasing them

i've seen that shit and it's fucking awful

A friend got me Ptde, about to start my first run, wish me luck lads

Some tips off the top of my head:

Turn brightness to 0. Use torches for most of the areas.

Upgrade at least one strike weapon. Most stone or heavily armored enemies (incl. gargoyles) are weak to strike and resist thrust/slash. type differences can double your damage, especially in early game.

Use bonfire ascetics. Most bosses drop really good equipment. The bosses you ascetic affect how powerful you can be in mid-early game. It's also the best gift to start with because of this. (Cardinal Tower bonfire gets you 3 titanite chunks in early game with an ascetic).

Don't level up for scaling. Instead, level up so you can equip better weapons/spells. Your rings and buffs and infusions are what you use to make good damage, not scaling.

Split damage (elemental) is better against early game enemies,but worse later on when you have access to more powerful physical buffs and enemy resistances are higher.

Do the DLC in release order after you beat the game, not during.

If you come to a boss that's too hard, skip it, go somewhere else. The game gives you bonfire warping and there are 5 different paths you can take from Majula (2 right away, 1 requires surviving a fall, 1 requires being one of the first bosss, 1 requires buying an item from the first merchant). Once you have those 5 paths open, 80% of the game is free to explore.

Grab a ring of binding and a ring of sacrifice. With those two there's no real punishment to dying.

Don't worry about soul memory /matchmaking on your first playthrough.

Gargoyles are optional.

Poise is useful in pve, but you need a lot of it (60+) before you will see a difference, most notably with ultra weapons, which gain a poise boost while attacking.

USE THE ITEMS THE GAME GIVES YOU. There are tons of neat items that help you through your progression. Use them, don't just let them sit in your inventory while you die.

Help me with these color sliders. How do you make natural-looking red hair?

Hair color always looks so off in this game.

there aren't enough character slots to make varying builds while also having them at diffferent sl's

I choose Miyazaki as my souls waifu and then I force him to make games the way I want them to be made

its babbys first sorcerer so Im sure Ill find my preferences by the time is finished. Dont have access to logans or crystal scroll yet so Im trying to cover my niches with what I have to work with

cheers

But i have 10 characters and disagree with you

DaS1 doesn't have Luck

Are you using the weapon in your left hand for some reason? I believe you can't riposte/backstab if the weapon is in your left hand.

Hahaha Le dark souls is sooo hardd xDDD Prepure 2 dye amirite????

back up saves

go darker and browner, but not by much. you're close

after you swap to hornet ring

no, i do that and it's easy to make the skeles lose aggro. you either have to be trying or extremely dumb to get that many skeles on you.

I'm not.

I just managed to riposte a hollow using the exact same tactics that don't work 99% of the time for me.

You have to walk into them once they are prone. It's not instant.

the game is called dark souls, and every character must drop souls, user
I'm afraid ginger characters are excluded as an intentional design choice