Hey Veeky Forums, it's time for me to do the front brakes on my 2006 Camry V6. Any recommended brands...

Hey Veeky Forums, it's time for me to do the front brakes on my 2006 Camry V6. Any recommended brands? I was thinking of grabbing the Centric rotors. Any suggestions for pads?

Use factory OEM parts and fluids or GTFO.

I never bothered to touch the organic pads, ceramic and metallic pads are both good choices for the ole camry, depends on your budget

I already ordered the centric rotors and ceramic pads. It'll do for 110.

I'm sensing regret for not doing what Said

>implying I'm going to get ripped off by the stealership

They have the best fitting pads/shoes and they last you can probably have your rotors cut.

But then I wouldn't have the satisfaction of doing the job myself. And it would cost a lot more.

For most cars, there are aftermarket parts that perform better in every way to oem without compromising drivability.

See genuine Toyota 2006 Camry brake pads they sell them on the internet ya dumb dumb

Yeah if you choose the right ones. Otherwise they're no better than cardboard

Depending on where you are skimming rotors is significantly cheaper than buying new. But you need a lathe for that.

You still get to talk them off and walk them to machine shop.

Pads are easy as well.

My cheap Ching Chong pads have kept me safe and last long enough for their price.

And I live where a 30° road is a common thing that you drive on everyday depending on your choice of how to get into town.

I don't see how Ching Chong brakes can work so well in a country with safety regulations modeled from 1943 English road safety checks can be better than a stringent 2017 American system

I run $10 rockauto pads which are pretty legit. They last longer and perform better than the $40 pads from the parts store.

Get whatever's cheap on Rockauto that isn't in the economy section

JUST BUY THE CHEAPEST ROTORS ON EBAY

That's what I did. I got Centric rotors and ceramic pads for $110 shipped.

OEM only you cheap nigger

For a couple bucks more you could've gotten oem.

we use mainly centric rotors at the shop I work at, they're good, we don't get many returns on the rotors. I'd suggest going with quiet pads, they are oem equivalent.

>Posi Quiet

Centric rotors are going to either be OEM equivalent or better. For a DD, any decent quality ceramic or organic pad will do.

I use Centric high carbon rotors on my FoST, and they hold up well to autoX and track duty.

nah
up here in leafland the stealer wanted $130 a rotor for an '05 accord. fuck no.

Get Brembo, AP Racing, or Endless.

Does brembo make rotors and calipers for camrys?

I put centric premium and akebono pads on my scoob. They're pretty good, better than the bosch trash that was on it.

>ceramic pads

You done fucked up. I hate the goddamn ceramics, the rotor wears out faster than the fucking pad does with those bastard things.

Only reason they got "popular" is it cuts down on brake dust. Well do you know how it cuts down on brake dust? Because they wear the steel off of the rotor, instead of the friction material off of the pad!

OEM Semi-metallics or GTFO.

> DBA

>ceramic pads
That sounds like sandpaper which has ceramic material glued onto paper or cloth. Only a pad just has all that ceramic abrasive in a pad shape.