GTR vs GT3

Torn between both of the cars after test driving them and came here to see the opinions, recommendations and advice of others.

I'll be looking to purchase in the next couple of weeks and will be driving the car as my daily for quite a while (8-10 years) especially if you're dropping 100K+ on these things.

This board is full of shitposting busriders and will not be able to offer you any solid advice. My personal pick would be a lower trim 911 for more luxuries and no aero parts, but I have a boner for porsche.

So like a GTS?

I wouldn't get the GTR. It's so overplayed and has the most toxic community. Plus it's a Nissan. The same company that makes the Nissan Sentra, the cheapest new car available.

Would you rather say "I own a Porsche" or "I own a Nissan"?

the GTR is getting a little old and the price has crept up strangely. The porsche seems more fun, more turny, and is way more modern.

The GTR also has similar maintenance costs, despite being japanese. you're supposed to change coolant every 24,000 miles and transmission/differential oil every 36k.

Plus I like the looks and interior of the 911 way better

gt3 is unironically better in every way imaginable. better ride quality, better handling, better quality materials, better build quality, faster, looks better, better mpg, better resale value

if we're going to get a lower $ sports car for luxuries and lack of aero, the cayman is king

The only reason the Cayman isn't faster than the 911 is because Porsche doesn't want to. Also the Cayman looks better to me.

If you plan on daily driving it, I would get something more liveable than either of those. Maybe like a 911 targa or turbo. Also check out the nsx, r8, and amg gt if you havent.

I think its not worth getting either for the track appeal, simply because I dont think its worth it to actually track those. Sure occasionally is ok, but if you do it often you are putting enormous stress on the car and have a decent chance of crashing. Just get an older m3 or some shit as a track car.

Too bad the GT4 is manual only. No real sports options for the caymans.

>actually believing OP is trying to choose between a 911 GT3 that starts at $146k vs a Nissan GT-R that starts at $109k

Also while it is entirely possible to DD a GT3 it is not comfy at all especially compared to a Nissan GT-R

OP is just an underage troll playing pretend.

Will the GT3 have crazy maintenance costs and gas costs especially for long term daily usage (all year round through snow too).

>$109K Nissan GT-R

It will not beat Porsche. You need to pay more for Nismo Trim that competes Porsche abit.

they're both going to be high. the key is not thinking "oh the GTR is a nissan it'll run forever without attention".

>No real sports options for the caymans.
> 718 Cayman
>4.9 sec 0-60
>300 hp
>starts at $55k

>718 Cayman S
>350 hp
>4.4 sec 0-60
>starts at $67k

so you are playing pretend and are actually stupid, nice!

>too bad it's manual only
>too bad

>bringing up bench racing

typical

I literally don't care for either cars in terms of track times. they are both wildly fun to drive. That being said a Nismo GT-R would not be fun to daily.

Cayman

Sounds like you never bought Porsche before. That is starting msrp and no one in right mind will buy it. Sit down with salesman and you pick the options just for you, price will almost double.

>Sounds like you never bought Porsche before.

No shit I'm 25 years old and don't have that type of money to buy a brand new Porsche

>That is starting msrp and no one in right mind will buy it. Sit down with salesman and you pick the options just for you, price will almost double.

No fucking shit. Thats the point I'm making.

Op is a fucking idiot and is pretending

porsche is the only correct answer

ESSSSSSKEEEEEEEEEEEITTIIIITTTTTTTTT

>That being said a Nismo GT-R would not be fun to daily.

of course, you need it if you want to compete against supercars.

meanwhile, 2017 Type R is faster than GTR.

Porsche all day every day.
Fuck chink mobiles, especially pigfat ones who get worse by the year. How do you add more power to your datsun and make it worse.
Porsche all day. But if you say "porsh" then get the datsun because you're gay and stupid

>$33k Honda FWD BTFO $109K GTR.

i bet you will feel retarded really soon

>triggered GTR fangirl

zo6 btf out of all of them from a dig

>meanwhile, 2017 Type R is faster than GTR
>Civic Type R - 7:43.8
>GT-R - 7:43.65
>reading comprehension

>what is bait

GTR is fast as Type R. Kek

not even a question

GT3 is unmatched

If you are getting the 991, you need to consider turbo vs NA and as I said already, GT3 is unmatched here.

GT3 is unmatched. Purely sexy, super fast, best handling.. nuff said

bench racing cars you've never driven

yikes

hmm nissan or porsche hmm nissan or porsche

see this

gtr duh

GTR is a lot cheaper. I'm going GTR because of cost myself.

>this head 2 head isn't on jewtube
lame

As somebody who owns 2 GTRs and 7 different 911s, I suggest you get a Prius.

One thing that kinda bugs me lately is that the GTR is getting dated. Needs a facelift. If you drop $$$ on a brand new one, you are going to look just like the kid who makes $400/wk and bought a used one with 150k miles for $11k.

old gen porsche vs New GTR Nismo

No one here will get this. No one but us ;)

GTR is a better daily driver. Anyone who says otherwise is a benchracing faggot.

Than a GT3. But supposedly other trims of 911s are good DD's.

But anyway OP is probably trolling. He's talking about DDing it in the snow. If he is serious, a 911 4S or something like that would be good. The new Targas look fucking good too.

dis.

Remember GTR is not same as GTR Nismo.

GTR Nismo = GT3 > GTR

DD: GT3 = GTR

If you want DD and super fast, then GT3 is for you.

Too small for your fatass?

>911
>one of the best looking cars ever made
>compines luxury and performance
>state of the art tech
>girls magnet
>Porsche

>GTR
>ugly as fuck
>very uncomfortable
>literally a meme car
>20 year old tech
>edgy teenagers and weebs magnet
>made by fucking Nissan/Renault

What a tough decision.....

This. Plus Porsche reliability vs jap shit

>being more of a woman than Kaitlyn Jenner

Have you considered a top-end Cayman? They offer manual so it may be more fun to drive. PDK is still badass though.

Also, I would pit the Porsche against the AMG GTS, not the Nissan. The Nissan is like a rich kid's Evo, not very impressive and a bit juvenile.

as long as you don't buy a shitvette, you're safe

I couldn't have said it better myself.

>chink mobiles
>datsun
Jesus, get your fucking racist slang straight.

chink = chinese
nip = japanese
gook = korean

did I get it right?

Theyre all chinks. Dont listen to weebs

>too bad
>it's manual
pick one