Select//Drifting Career

Let's imagine for a second you have 5k to buy a car that will be used for drifting and homoasphalt. Once you select a car, you'll never be able to sell it and you'll be forced to work out any problems it might have in the future, even if you total it.

You can

>Buy an FC RX-7
>Buy a 350Z Imported from Japan
>Buy an E36 BMW
>Buy 240SX
>Buy Porsche 944

What car do you buy, and why?

volvo 240

None of them because they all suck.

Foxbody Mustang because cheaper parts than the cars listed.

Ill invest your 5gs's. keep my e30 keep replacing broken parts and keep welding it back together just like normal.

You are disqualified for selecting a car outside the list, redeem yourself by explaining your choice.

cheap
indestructible.
sleeper as fuck.

240SX (S13 Coupe) or FC (if its a Turbo or Turbo II)

The S13 would definitely have a cheaper aftermarket, but the FC would be more interesting. I also greatly appreciate how the FC looks in comparison to the S13, even the coupe version.

Very interesting, consider it added to the list.
I agree, Added to the list.

Disqualified, proceed to be thrown from a helicopter.
Explain your choice in more detail.

Fc just cus fanboy

What, no NA Miata?
>cheap
>lightweight
>large aftermarket selection
>overall fun to drive
Memes aside, the Miata would make for a great drift car

yeah, if you're looking to drift dicks up your ass.

What's the difference between a Turbo and a Turbo II?

I'd probably keep my E30 because I'm used to how it handles. If I had to choose, I'd pick the FC as long as it's turbo.
The rest are kinda shit imo

>short wheelbase
>most come without an LSD
>very low horsepower

thats why NA miata blows hard see here The amount of money you'd have to put into a miata to make it a proper drift is silly.

Miatas are perfect for track days where you are racing against the time.

fyi when it comes to drifting nothing is "cheap"

>>Buy a 350Z Imported from Japan

>JDM 350z
>for $5k

underage banned.

It's literally what they cost, you silly man.

Since my desired choice has been added I'm gonna go with a Fox body

He doesn't want to drive it on the street dingus

Fiero with a body kit

How are you going to drift a Midship?

>buy Isuzu Piazza
>4-AG 20v swap
>beat the shit out of all with a car they've never even heard of
If I can't do that, FC

>no altezza
>no S2000
meh

>S2000
>5k

>Altezza

Explain your choice, but consider it added to the list.

Show me where you can find a JDM 350z for $5k including shipping costs

what does that have to do with anything you fucking dumbass

>Altezza
>$5k

those go for a minimum of $8k

>S2000
>$5k
>good platform for drifting

lmao

every cheap drifter in the UK uses e46 3 series

Nigger are you retarded a proper turbo build and an lsd will run you about 3 grand if you're willing to look around a bit. 5k and you have a car with 9lbs per hp. Far better than a 5k fc or a 5k s13

Short wheelbase being relevant to drifting is a meme that busriders perpetuatd

Turbo II's were sold from '86 to '88 (S4's), and Turbo's were from '89 to '91 (S5's). Why they named them like that is beyond me.

either the rx7, 350z or 240 and LS swap it then drift it off a cliff

Just looked into it. They were called Turbo II's because Japan had a trim of the FB which came with a turbocharged 12A that was originally put in a Luce (aka Cosmo, aka 929). Therefore, the S4 FC was the second RX-7 to have a turbo trim.

Nigger are you retarded how many broke miata owners who are into or want to get into drifting see themselves piecing themselves a turbo kit and spending 3 grand on a car they probably bought for $2500?

Dumb Nigger faggot

How reliable is a FC Turbo? I hear the Turbo makes the car super unreliable compared to the base model

Quite a few actually, most people who are into horsepower come into buying a miata with the intention of turbocharging it, 90% of miatas you see at meets have turbos because it makes them very very fast cars . Plenty of them autocross or drift too, can't say then came for the Honda spergs. In terms of bugdet it tough to beat a turbo miata or a lowered foxbody for drifting. This guy is looking for a 5k drift missile not a 15,000$ ls swap on a s13 shell

>90% of miatas you see at meets have turbos because it makes them very very fast cars

WRONG.
>making up numbers just so you feel right.

>In terms of bugdet it tough to beat a turbo miata or a lowered foxbody for drifting

Ah yes another terrible platform for drifting especially if you dont have money to throw at it.

I've been to a couple of drift events in my state and there are always 2 or 3 dudes in Foxbody mustangs who think just because it has power to get sideways, it'll actually drift, which it doesnt at all because their suspension is bone stock or just straight up wonky

This guy is looking for a 5k drift missile not a 15,000$ ls swap on a s13 shell

There is no such thing as a $5k drift missile unless you plan on spending another $5k on setting it up right and getting the proper tires.

I never mentioned an LS to get it sideways.

I agree on the last point but that's what he wants and that's the best option for the price. I concede that if you're going to drift competitively you need to spend at least 15,000$ on a car, but if he's just going to rear up back roads I don't see what's wrong with a 280hp miata or a Foxbody with a heavily upgraded suspension

Lease to buy on a Toyota FRS 2012

Leasing is not allowed, because in my version of reality Jews do not exist. Either you can afford it, or you can't.

not saying i disagree with you but you know a lot of rich people who can afford to buy cars lease luxury cars sometimes right?

2000 altezza and S2000 are on reachable price
S2000
>RWD
>2L VTEC

Altezza
>2JZ engine
>RWD
>Also AWD

Both of them can have many tuning mods

You might be able to get the bmw for 5k where I live. Nothing else, unless you're buying them with a blown engine or something.

Where do you live? I can buy a FC base model for 4000€ here.

I'd probably do the rx7 and run the rotary until it eventually shits, then do an sr20 swap. That was forsberg's strategy when he first started out and it seemed to work well for him. Either that or a fox, or turd gen with a warmed over 302 or ls truck mill with a used vette cam if we are focused on the cheap.

I drift my SW20 around a few very select corners on my typical speed route, the key is to keep your revs right where they are when you start the drift. Basically you need to not rely on the cars shifting weight to carry you through a corner, you need to finely control your speed and wheel spin all the way through from start to finish. The concept probably blows your mind. since you've never really thought about the physics behind cars. That's fine for someone with your level of bench racing expertise though.

i bought an s13 irl because i never plan on selling, knew itd beat the shit out of it driving it everyday AND knew that any problem i would encounter would be so well documented i would likely be able to fix it myself or for cheap with help. the 240sx is the best drift car of our lifetime for people with budgets under 15-20k. it gets a bad rap because drift tax and idiots that dont know how to clutch kick a low hp stock ka. if you want actual driving time start with this car. if you want to have a special snowflake car or are rich enough to burn that kind of money then yeah drive something else lol

>implying 50/50 weight distribution isn't the perfect balance necessary for easier and more controllable drifting or racing

Nigger what the fuck.

That does not sound nowhere near as fun as a FR set up. You probably can only do short drifts without being able to the momentum necessary to trainsition from a high speed, to low and high again. It's more a ''slide'' on roids.

There are examples of S2000 drift cars but there are very few. you know why? because it cost a shit ton of money to buy and turn it into a proper drift car you stupid fuck.

So many have tried and failed. especially on the professional level.

The S2000 is a drivers car first and foremost.

You sound uneducated please sit down.

>RWD
>2L VTEC

>Altezza
>2JZ engine
>RWD
>Also AWD

What the flying fuck are you talking about? Altezza's are not AWD and S2000's genuinely is a terrible platform for drifting. Plenty have tried it, especially in professional drifter with hundreds of thousands of dollars into it and it yielded bad results. Also both of those are no where near close to $5k

Where do you live and how old are you because you sound like youre an underage idiot from a third world country.

5k could get me a clean 240SX S13 with a dual cam KA, on the other hand probably a 328i too.
I'd go with the 240SX though cause it is one of my dream cars

>240SX though cause it is one of my dream cars

It's a beautiful car, desu

>5k could get me a clean 240SX S13

lol no.