Concept thread

let's have a concept car thread.

Specifically, concept cars that should have happened, and could have happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Goldfisch_V16
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw never ever

feck

Dodge Demon convertible

>2.4L inline 4
>175 hp
>170 torque
>approx. 2500 lbs curb weight

Even Dodge admitted nothing about the car was pie in the sky, they could have easily put it into production

Mmmh, copper

I wish we got this instead of the crossfire

lol just a knock off s2000 from the dumbass americunts who can't make a good car

Chrysler-Dodge has a rich tradition of making absolutely fantastic/fascinating concept cars that never see real world production

-Intrepid ESX 1: a hybrid car in 1996 that could achieve 80 mpg, had regenerative braking, and a 1.8L diesel drivetrain that could extract 40% of the potential energy from gas

-Dodge slingshot (pic related): 100 bhp featherweight roadster with a manual gearbox that got 45 mpg's while projected to cost less than 20K brand new

copper is a very good material to use on a car. it is very lightweight, sturdy, and cheap. i cant imagine why more manufacturers dont do this, or why this car didnt make it past the concept stage.

I would love to see the resurrection of Silver Arrows.

>what is maintenance

What about concept engines?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Goldfisch_V16

W16 is better

MB built V24, but it was still in prototype stage.

It was scrapped by the bean counters.

>a hybrid that actually looks good and isnt just for virtue signaling and filling trends and quotas
Man. There really are no words for that

>1988
>has that great 90s aesthetic anyway
Why were the 90s such a great year for concept cars?

>V24
holy fuck, son

someone's gotta have a concept one made somewhere, or the plans and blue prints for it right?

see

I'm still disappointed that we got the Gallardo instead of this. What does Veeky Forums think of the Lamborghini Cala?

>hybrid car
Hell you can go all the way back to the Chrysler turbine car concept

>one spark plug and about 80% fewer parts than a typical conventional piston engine.

>engine produced 130 brake horsepower and 425 pound-feet of torque. Top speed of 120 mph

>turbine engine could operate using almost anything, including diesel fuel, unleaded gasoline, kerosene, JP-4 jet fuel, peanut oil perfume, and tequila (without modification between changing fuel types)

>from Wikipedia: "The dashboard is lit using electroluminescent panels in the gauge pods and on a call-out strip across the dash. This system did not use bulbs; instead, an inverter and transformer raised the battery voltage to over 100 volts AC and passed that high voltage through special plastic layers, causing the gauges to glow with a blue-green light.

Instead of a water temperature gauge, the Chrysler Turbine has a Turbine Inlet temperature gauge with numbers 500, 1,000, 1,500, and 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit."

>engine was so smooth, Chrysler had to have special tire custom made for the car because it allowed road vibration that would have otherwise been unnoticable to filter into the cabin

any year before the early-mid 00's were great for concept cars. because the Greatest Gen was mostly still around, many of them still designing cars, building upon the 30 some odd years of successive auto design. By the 90's, as far as car tech goes, (and car making tech) we were in the future. Comput design also allowed for more curves in car bodies, which is why every car in the 90's became a jellybean. of course this meant applying curves to formerly boxy bodies, which resulted in designs like the early 90's Town Car, or the 90's Cadillac Fleetwood, which is basically just a slightly more realistic version of the Cadillac Voyage Concept.

tl;dr 90's car design was the end-sum of half a century of postwar car design. (at least for American cars, but I think the same can probably be said for Euro cars)

>Tfw you'll never drive that perfection

it wasn't exactly efficient though. Wasn't that basically the main reason they killed the R&D on it in the 70's?

I remember there is German auto magazine showing the pictures of that engine and mock-up with long hood in MB R&D. I couldn't find it in the internet. It looks like someone didn't upload them yet.

>Jeep will never actually fucking make something this cool
>but they will keep teasing us with these special custom jeeps made for special events and shit

The main point of inefficiency was the primitive design of the combustor can/chamber for the turbine. It could have easily been improved with further R&D but Chrysler just pulled the plug and decided that instead of building the future, they would sutter along and give you the Dart and the 200 in 50 years

But to be more on point, the test cars peaked at about 20 mpg highway, while conventional cars of the time averaged 15

This is what Cadillac should be, instead of being German-wannabe.

Cadillac Voyage Concept is fuckin gorgeous

Elmiraj Concept was fucking fantastic. Another example of what caddy should be

The need to make a drop-top Jeepster Commando out of that. Slam it from the factory.

Thats chrysler for you, being a gigantic cock tease with all the the cool shit they could make, but never will

Speaking of, I will be amazed if the Jeep Gladiator finally makes it to production next year

>Forget about assembly lines, the folks at Mercedes Benz see cars assembling themselves like trees in the future. That’s right, the latest idea from Mercedes is the Biome car, an ultra lightweight vehicle that starts with “seeds” fused with the company’s star logo and then literally grow to form a car in a laboratory. And to top it all off, to ensure that this green automobile of the future comes full circle, the Mercedes Benz team doesn’t see this car heading to a junk yard – they are envisioning that it will be completely biodegradable.

tl dr: MB cars would be grown in a laboratory instead of assembly lines. They have gone mad. Very German of them: Mad/Nazi Scientists

My favorite was the Copperhead, though that's mainly Gran Turismo's fault

>dat Concept Car LM Edition in GT2
one of my favorite cars in the game

>but they will keep teasing us with these special custom jeeps made for special events and shit

tell me about it

Asphalt 8 fags gtfo

at this point it's basically just gonna be a pickup option on the wrangler and not it's own renamed model.

but it's definitely happening. There's been more than a few spy shots of it testing with the bedsheets all over it

I nutted

>It appears that you are triggered by MB's superiority.

Stay mad.

One of MB commercials shows some Biome action.

That pic is dope!

Crazy.

Copper isn't cheap

I'm genuinely think this is one of the best looking ferd concept cars.

This, because it will most definitely not look like this, dont lie to yourself

Epitome of 90s bio styling. Loads of soft curvy lines and BULGES.

It's like a Cadillac 8 series, that is dope

>self driving cars are already a thing
>living cars might soon be a thing
>tfw living intelligent cars take over the world in 50 years

More curves.

basically disney's cars is a preminition

At least we have the Tommi Kaira ZZ-II also as a concept.

>tfw no bros to go on road trips with

lel

>any number of posts
>gt90 not posted yet

Get knicked by pikeys

And now for something completely different.

Dodge should've put this steel behemoth into production.

I kinda like the new Taurus, but this thing would be soo much better successor to the Crown Vic.

Man, this car should be the that royal sausage party car in FFXV.

Christ it's hideous

The Lincoln MKR engine was probably the most beautiful thing ever created

What's wrong with Asphalt 8?

nice NSX

Sad, but true. Between this and the Volvo Concept Coupe, which will also never be built, I really want to punch a designer right in the clay bin.

Still salty over this.

I unironically like the early 00's bronco concept

this was actually supposed to be the Crown Vic replacement.
I mean sure, it would never have actually had a V10, and the front design elements were reused for the early Fusion, but the whole package of a long wheelbase slightly retro informed design with a big engine could have been good. Incidentally, not too long after the 427 concept, Chrysler came out with the 300, which sold gangbusters, with a similarly retro inspired slab sided design.

you will only ever have the toy production line

ford had a real opportunity to revive slab sided design all throughout the 00's

For example, everything.

>updated razer

Doesn't copper oxidize like a motherfucker though?

I think the date was moved back to 2019 m8

I've been within inches of it.
It's at the Henry Ford museum in Michigan.
It's more beautiful in person.

>early 90s town car
>not boxy
Wat?
Also that car was used in the film demolition man

Me want

Damn thats sexy

This car alone or the elmiraj with the right MSRP would save cadillacs image immidiatelly

wow a modern car that actually has progressive styling and clean lines, and doesn't look like an angry fish. Better never put it into production.

it wasn't full of actual sharp angles and literal boxes. It had smoother curves instead of sharp angles, and was basically a smoother version of the box design. As well as the integrated headlights adding to the sleeker design

Yeah that and truly coupled with the V16

>Dodge slingshot (pic related)
That was a Smartcar with a bodykit. Don't want.

>be chrysler
>be absolute fucking madmen
>design mid engine car
>lets give it a v12
>no wait, lets add turbos
>and make it rwd
>led's? sounds cool, throw it in
>Nani?! 850hp?!
>ok goyim shut it down
>We need our shekels to make land barges for those amerilards

Should Ford relaunch the Crown Victoria series?

It would essentially fill the role of a four door mustang. IMO they made better police interceptors than Doge Chargers.

That came years before the first NSX was made

>has only ever appeared in one game made over ten years ago
>looks awesome
I'm still salty that I'll never get to drive a 1999 Dodge Charger, in real life or otherwise

So the car version of this?

Looks like the sesto elemento got stung by a bee and had an allergic reaction

That is beautiful.

how can you not post the bmw nazca?

tfw your q45 had the same designer

Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth, the kings of concept car tease.

>obvious bait
anyway....
>what is aerodynamics

I was thinking recently about what a Ford competitor to the Charger/300 could be and I didn't even think of a Crown Victoria, not a bad idea.
My first thought was to bring back the thunderbird.

theres so much potential in ford bringing back the vic... Call it the LTD and make it their flagship.

>What's wrong with Asphalt 8?
>paywalls
>fucked online
>paywalls
>menu system is a fuckfest
>did I mentioned paywalls?
This.