Future: all ice cars will be banned in place of electric cars. All cars, also, will be locked into self driving mode...

Future: all ice cars will be banned in place of electric cars. All cars, also, will be locked into self driving mode. These changes will save countless of lives each year from having virtually no car accidents, and will also save the environment from emissions as the energy used to charge the cars is much cleaner in the future. Say goodbye to driving fast, kids, or driving at all for that matter. Also, what's a motorcycle?

As much as I love driving, I love shitposting on the internet more and would be able to have the impendence and laziness of owning a car with the constant ability to fuck around online of using public transportation.

You could likely still drive ICE and motorcycles on tracks, they'll just be niche things for fun. It'll only take a few generations before it's like guys who are into classic cars right now. Just a thing they do on the weekends.

maybe in eurocuckland

in murrica we have a little thing called freedom

Really, really hope you're right

as much as retards think this would happen, they would only allow it to happen so long as we had something like the e'X Driver anime.

i will be right if people like you stand up and vote based on the principals the country was founded on

I'll do everything I can, user

the US is too spread out to make electric cars a thing yet. white collar workers commutes are getting longer and longer. 90 minutes one way is par for the course at any tech/commerce city.

I doubt they'll ban ice cars, but being able to buy new ones will be seriously difficult. So it'll become a Cuba situation where reusing parts and repairing becomes a lifestyle. Depends on if they also ban manufactures from making standalone engines.

>Old person gets electric car
>Mistakes break for accelerator
>Max torks @ 0 rpm
>Ends up in a fire ball of destruction insteqd of lightly bumping the wall.

The Bay Area kind of alleviates that a little with BART. There's some dumb laws that apparently prevent the US from adopting high speed rail like the rest of the world.

Would it be safer to have a motorcycle in the age of self driving cars?

They'll always watch out for you.

Electric cars are a meme. Can't wait for the day Tesla declares bankruptcy and you lefties go into meltdown mode.

Gonna go driving in my .1 mpg 60cyl armored muscle car and smash through electric fags cuckmobiles. It will also have the ability to create an entire citys worth of smog in one hour. Brakes? Who needs them.

Lack of high speed rail isn't the US's problem and having high speed rail isn't a solution to a problem they do have

This argument makes me laugh in the same way that people think banning guns will work.

The problem is, smart people exist. You can build something to go fast out of a pile of garbage. You can walk into home depot and buy some pipe and build a shotgun.

Cars will never be "locked into self driving mode"

Is anyone actually trying to outright ban either? I would think for the most part everyone just wants a bit of regulation to stop stupid shit from happening.

These people are so cucked they literally can't imagine a situation where they might have to take their vehicle somewhere big daddy government hasn't specifically allocated for them

Like, the concept of parking in a paddock is just completely foreign and beyond the scope of reason

By the time everyone can afford one and they are reliable with 300+ miles range. Teleportation will have been perfected...electric cars pointless now. ICE cars become exempted from smog since only real men will own them.

no dumb troll Tesla will not dominate the future, on the other hand i will be getting a used model s soon

>freedom
>virtually can't import cars, that aren't considered "classics"
top kek

actually an legitimate issue

3d printers will be our saviors

You can still legally drive a 100 year old steam car on the road if you wanted to

Did she died?

Just become a mega tanker captain. You'll do 50x that damage while just being at work

Legislation has passed in the UK to ban internal combustion engine production as of 2040.

A lot of elderly people barely press the clutch and smash the accelerator to the floor just to move barely.

>90 yo gone senile
>in a parking lot
>forget the car is electric
>smashes into 7 different cars

this

Actual future here

Specific types of cars are not banned. However, tax incentives and insurance rates strongly prefer whatever has the least environmental impact. For the most part, the cheapest thing to own will be a hybrid/LPG "kei-car" made from recycled plastic. However, even that piece of shit will be INSANELY. FUCKING. EXPENSIVE. Only the rich will be able to even hope to own one. Everyone else will walk or bicycle to and from public transport stops and stations. For an extra fee, the "dieted" remnants of the roads will serve as tracks for self-driving ultra-efficient taxi services. Which is all they can carry, because everything is one lane each way and barely wide enough for a miata.

Motorcycles are banned outright because they can not function on and are too fast for civillian pathways.

>People who are only qualified to win popularity contests have made a statement about the direction of society
>What you think: ITS HABENING :^(
>What's going to happen: They'll rescind/amend it a million times until it's unrecognizable, because it's actually unachievable by rational people

>function on
nu-roads

>You can walk into home depot and buy some pipe and build a shotgun.
And it'll explode in your hand the first time you try to use it. Nevermind the fact that you can't exactly make ammunition easily.

Anyways, OP is wrong in the case that he and so many idiots in this thread believe that ICE will just be blanket banned, just like the cars that had no catalytic converters, no shoulder belts, no airbags, etc and not simply be given grandfather exemption.

>cucked
We're talking about cars here, not your pathetically fragile masculinity.

its okay, your wife still thinks you're a man while shes fucking tyrone

>Freedom

Yeah, okay.

I always wondered what car collectors would do if this will happen?

I'm talking about the hardcore 300SL, F1 GTRs, F40, 959 collectors.

Will Jay Leno have a chin reduction surgery to drive his Miuras one day an year?

>Nevermind the fact that you can't exactly make ammunition easily.

You don't know what a shotgun is, do you?

those are mostly niggers

they aren't people anyway

My problem with self driving cars is there has to be situations where the car will kill you on purpose to save others.

like it has the option to avoid an out of control oncoming semi truck but the only path out of the way has a group of pedestrians on it, it is going to run you into the truck where id get on the horn and go through the pedestrians.

racism outside of /b/ is against the rules

Hence why that Reaganite post disappeared. ;-)

start building power plants and fix the infrastructure and i'll consider a electric car far as i go

it can't be racism if it's statistical truth

>totally autonomous self driving cars are mandatory for every citizen
>you still have to pay rego and insurance fees
>can still get busted for speeding and dui

>Murders

Sorry, check out the federal incarceration rates by crime.

Robots will be drive us, feed us, build for us, fight for us
What is left for us? Just eat, learn, and entertain each other?

All that will be left is art, and people will consider that to be the only things humans can uniquely do