Hows my welding?

Hows my welding?

O K

honestly, just keep going and make sure you get good penetration. nothing an angle grinder can't fix

This
Holy shit OP what the fuck

Nailed it. Can't even see the seams in the floor!

Do the part you're holding next.

What welding?

so this is the power of fluxcore

rejected/10

t. certified weld inspector

You got the job kid. I knew one day someone would surpass me.

This is better

Weldin in China

Seriously,what went wrong?
Poor conductivity?
Wrong settings?
Why did some of the wire not even melt?
Was he too far away?

compared to a 130k bmw? pretty good

Jesus, do they manufacture these in Brazil?

Mrcummy, is that you?

For reasons I'm not willing to go into I had to do some welding on my exhaust underneath the car today.
It was not pretty nor pleasant but atleast the leak is almost entirely sealed.

Pre production model bmw haters use to shitpost

Not bad.
How's my welding?
Cut the gas cap out and moved it to the top of the tank

Nope

Got some bad porosity going on there.

can someone explain to a noweld fag why this is bad

There's no porosity at all.

It's not bad, it's just sloppy for a 130k

Not necessarily bad, just fucking ugly as sin, almost like it was MIG'd.

Welder here.
AMA lebbit

It's the equivalent of buttering your toast with hard butter and living with it having torn holes on your toast.

For the price you're paying, you'd want nice, consistent 'C's, not blasting the fucking workpiece with cumshot.

Bloody fuck, I actually had a shiver looking at that.

I don´t know where elso to ask:

Is a 72V 210A DC source suitabble for welding?
I can rewire it to put out lower voltage and higher amps.

How much am I looking at for a machine that is 'home gamer' friendly but wont shit the bed after 5 years of on-off use?

What welding process(es)?

seamless
I cant tell where the wield begins or ends

attached after the car arrived in the us
some dealership fuck up

If I understand correctly, just TIG/stainless for random sheet shit and occasional tubing. Balustrades, railing, that kinda shit. Maybe ally, but I've only ever touched that once and made such a goddamn mess I'd chalk it up to a nightmare.

Alphatig 200x imo

But I mean it wasn't welded in place, obviously as it was painted, but as a finisher I'd never ever let that go by me.

To add, I have experience in the area, as in measuring/cutting/polishing, just not welding. Ex employer wouldn't teach me (for fear of payrise) and I was thinking of going to a course, but $$$ and time away from fulltime job.

TIG/stick welders are the best thing ever.
You could get a nice one for 1-2k, probably less if used.

pls answer

Agreed, boss only took on mild steel jobs if they didn't give two fucks about finish quality.

So a decent welder is not something I can just save up for a month and get, it seems. At least the consensus is a definite NO to cheaper units, but unfortunately I live in NZ.

Appreciate the feedback, regardless.

I guess so, but that's a question better suited to electricians m8, I'm just the dumbass who sets the amperage, puts his hood down and runs beads.
/diy/ should be able to help you, wouldn't even be surprised if there's an electricity thread active right now.

What happens if you don´t limit the amps?

If you don't put something that lets you adjust them, you mean?
Well depending on how much it puts out that would mean you just made a plasma cutter, Zimbabwe style.

Generally speaking, if it's not limited then it will draw until something pops or drops the arc.

The output is only limited by the resistance, so something around 1-2 kA, there are no fuses.

It was obviously MIGd, tig isn't used in production automobiles, there's no reason to have a well paid highly skilled tig welder when a robot arm with a mig or spot welder can do everything and do it well.
There's also nothing wrong with mig welding a cage.

Why the fuck would you spray paint before grinding smooth. My god my head is full of fuck now.

This is definitely an atv

t. guy who has bought used atvs

For Veeky Forums, it's A-OK.

>that bubble they just painted over

And I thought ze germans were supposed to be good craftsmen.

That pinhole says otherwise.

im assuming its mig welded. The two main things i can see is its done without shielding gas. Maybe the delivery system is blocked. Also the wire feed speed is far too low.

i have never welded in my life but im pretty sure with a hour of practice i could do it better.

You probably can if you get someone to set up the welder for you. Its one of those things that easy to pick up the basics but takes a lifetime to master.

Weld done

Came here to post this. kek

You don't even need practice to weld exhausts like this. You basically just do tacks around the whole circumference of the tube with a MIG machine.

R8 muh 3rd attempt at stick welds

Just because it's MIG doesn't mean it has to be ugly

i would love to master weding. but with no welder and no car lift its not going to happen.

p good

Sounds like a bunch of excuses.

Rub two sticks together and make fire, blow it hot through a tube. Voila, instant welder you pussy.

See if you can do a course on welding at a local college. I would advise against just buying a welder and trial and error.

Don't worry OP, a good horse penis takes time to create.

what kind of welder does everyone like? heres mine, got it at auction for 300

>bunch of excuses
sums up my whole life

>synchrowave
sounds like a genre of music

A E S T H E T I C

hey Veeky Forums do you like my sik welds

How much does welding pay these days anyway? Always wanted to learn it but I'm wondering if doing it as a job is good

anywhere from 12 to like 60 bucks an hour depending on how good you are and how shitty of an environment you're willing to work in

^^^
THIS

Get certified in welding, move to North Dakota, and make BANK.

Don't get certified, just get a job at a welding shop near home, live in a single wide, drink copious amounts of Bud, and root for Harvick.

Interesting, might get into it then

I'm not certified and work at a shop 20 minutes away from my home and get paid like 20 an hour which isn't too bad. it's nothing like the oil welder dudes get but its a living wage

GIT GUD AND WELD SUBMARINES FOR FAT MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX BUX

I spent 5 months at school learning welding, but my progress was very slow and I sort of lost interest.
As a result I can do MIG and TIG on aluminium and steel, but I'm far from being certified. My welds still sometimes look like crap. I wonder how long one must keep practicing if there's no natural talent.

honestly it looks a little cold
i would expect more heat affected zone

a wide HAZ on tig is the mark of a poor welder my little user. You want the smallest narrowest HAZ at the highest amperage you can get away with. You're not going to see a wide haz on something like that anyway, the material is far too thick and it soaks it all up easily

Yeah, the guys working the oil fields are getting paid as much as 5 times what you make. $40k vs $200k. Of course, they're living in literal tents in the American version of Siberia. So there's that.

Looks awesome, would let you TIG the root on the 5" thick headers we weld on. 24 hour 12/12 shift projects are so much fun
Im

Yeah like I said it all depends on what kind of work conditions you're ok with. I don't mind making a mediocre wage if it means I'll be healthier for it and less stressed.

deal, please hire me I hate working where I am now

Ah now there's a plan. Where do i sign up? Any good schools in norcal?

this makes me feel ill and i don't even know anything about welding

>can't stop blowing holes in .035 tube

Look how uneven the weld is. See how it's it gets bugger and smaller in random places? The weld penetration is all fucked. That shit would never fly if that welder needed to take a welding test.

t. Aerospace manufacturing welder

I just bought a Miller 215 and was freaking out that my welds looked this bad. Turns out my gas wasn't making it to the gun because I'm retarded. Not becoming an hero tonight!

Nothing wrong with flux core. Use it all the time if it's windy or on something that'd be a bitch to clean up enough for solid wire

>or on something that'd be a bitch to clean up enough for solid wire
Is this why the use FCAW so much in shipyards?

Lincoln sells a multi process welder that's stick, TIG and MIG. largely depends what's sold in your area but yeah generally it's best to avoid cheap brands. You want something you can easily and quickly get consumables for and repairs if needed

That and flux core actually has better penetration.

Some purist may object, but I bet that weld would hold up in real world use just fine

it looks like bird shit, and there is enough gaps for it to whistle like a bitch under load.

Fill the gaps, then wire wheel it or grind it down, despite how shitty that weld looks, it will hold together. Just smack her around to see if anything breaks loose, if not, you did good.

also, turn down the wire speed and turn up the amps.