/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv (embed) (embed)
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM (embed) (embed)
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7 (embed) (embed)
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

Lost to the Zone:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
strawpoll.me/12977081
reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/30momd/translated_campfire_jokes_by_woland/
moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul
youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0Smkm6-8w
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/old-dream-reshade
moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/addons/high-resolution-fonts-for-4k-ws-mouse-cursor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
[gist] Oblivion Lost Remake 2.5.md (embed) (embed)
>Joint Pak 2
[gist] Joint Pak 2.md (embed) (embed)
>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

>its so fucking dark even the AI isnt sure

>go to Yantar in search for the fine toolkit
>find this guy stumbling near it
poor guy

p.s. These are the results from last thread's straw poll.

Eastern Europeans as usual are a massive disappointment as they aren't even interested in their own games. Surprising are the 15 Gaucho's from South America who apparently can afford a Personal Computer capable of running stalker games.

And of course not represented on /sg/ are the Sub-Saharan Africans. Most likely because com-pie-juters are expensive, but also because getting shot at with Kalashnikovs by drunk assholes is part of their daily routine.

New poll

Favorite faction:
strawpoll.me/12977081

>joining wannable militarymen convicts

What TIME did you post it? That'll influence what responses you get.

Good to see one other East Asia besides me, though.

Does the Increased Weapon Damage mod work with vanilla CoC?

The modder only tested with Arsenal Overhaul 3 installed. Also:

>(3) weapon damage - stronger (your weapons get stronger than LIGHT option)
>(4) weapon damage - the strongest (your weapons get stronger than STRONGER option)

No shit, Sherlock. He provided some percentages in the comments a while ago, but still...

Loners aren't a real faction reeeee

>scandinavia
>no northern europe
m8

Almost exactly the same time as I did now.

Eastern Europeans used to have a pretty hefty lead but the burgers overtook them somewhere on the second day. Influx from /k/ most likely.

>Although no definitive borders or definition exists for the term, geographically, Northern Europe may be considered to consist approximately of all of Europe above the 52nd parallel north; which includes (from west to east) most or all of: Iceland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man, the United Kingdom, the Faroe Islands, the Netherlands, northern Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden,Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus and northwest Russia

I'm not going to confuse half the Europeans just to make an exception for Finland and the Baltics.

Neat
Thanks Forrester

Im getting this error when trying to look the meat mutant

Expression : fatal error
Function : CInifile::r_section
File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
Line : 502
Description :
Arguments : Can't open section 'mutant_part_flesh_eye'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

Im using AO 3.1 for CoP. Can somebody help? I just want a comfy mod for vanilla story CoP.

>tfw pic i posted is OP

deadly anomalies, dangerous mutants, anarchists and bandits, none of them will stop Duty on its triumphant march towards saving the planet!

Why SJWs never talk about this game? It's the only popular series that has solely non-white characters.

Newbie here. After installing the starter pack with PRZ1 in place of PRZ2.1, like you guys suggested me yesterday, I've finally started playing SoC.

For starters, the lighting looks kinda weird, probably because of ShaderMax, NPCs look like shit, but the world is kind of fine, thanks to the new textures. Gameplay wise the game handles like a brick, an unergonomic brick. Also
>first firefight
>CHEEKI BREEKI
>CHEEKI BREEKI
>CHEEKI BREEKI
Damn, now I get the meme

no grills, no nigs

the more you know

Maybe some of them are transgender.

they is a story about a nog robbing people, but thanksfully most sjws dont speak russians

Chuj kurwa jebać Wolnosc.

Is there really? top kek

Is there a translation for all the stalker campfire stories somewhere?

"(this one is told in a classical campfire scary story style. with voices, dramatic pauses and so on) It is said there is the Black Stalker in the Zone. At night he comes to the tents of the Stalkers reaches his black hand inside and begs in hoarse voice: - WATER, PLEASE... NEED DRINK... And if you don't give him a bit from the flask or if you try to leave the tent... he'll kill. So one time a Stalker decided to play a practical joke on his mates. He puts on black leather gloves, sneaks up to the nearest tent, trust his hand inside and starts: - Water, please... water. Suddenly a black hand appears from inside the tent, grabs him by the throat and a hoarse voice says: - WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH MY WATER?"

found some here reddit.com/r/stalker/comments/30momd/translated_campfire_jokes_by_woland/

Yes my favourite joke is this one
>an American and a nigger go to bar and the bartender says ''get the fuck out''

The ess jay dubya threat aside, I feel like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is the most...I'm not sure how to put it. It's a man's game, the most so of any game I can think of. The Zone itself is a man's romance. It's a miserable place where the trash and refuse of humanity wander a radiated hellscape for profit, adventure, or just survival.

Most games, even male-dominated ones like FPS, have a female player ratio of at least 5%...I wouldn't be surprised if among dedicated S.T.A.L.K.E.R. players that number is closer to 0.1%. There's something very male about the way it tickles the psyche.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Well yes it's an eastern european game so obviously it caters to men and not nu-males and dykes.

what's the difference between autumn aurora 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5? i assume is a pretty big deal since it's 3 separate packages instead of just the 2.0 installer and patches

Autumn Shit more like it
>dude no ammo count lmao

>2.5?
meant 2.05

try downloading the hotfix here moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul

already found it, thanks anyway

Why are there no women in the Zone? What do the stalkers fuck?

>playing with ammo count
dude lmao, do you need a large shining light to descend from the heavens to find your way towards objectives?

[flesh screaming]

It's like the military

You know in the freedom camp there is this one Stalker who says "COME OVER HERE LETS HAVE A LITTLE CHAT" and he tells you something about how it's hard times and there is no meat, which is why it's great you are there since now they have something to eat that night

Why do you think all those guns have "special" names?

Why are the mutants retarded in CoC? They're all just running in circles except for chimeras

I haven't fucked anything in 25 years.

radiation fried their brain

it's a feature

That's because you're a beta male but Stalkers are filled with testosterone they live a live of gunfights, vodka drinking and squatting they have their needs you're a westerner so obviously you're low test and your main hobbies include attending feminist marches and enabling kebab but some of us need to stick our dick into something rather than let ourselves be put in a cuck shed.

this fucking arena fight against the spetsnaz bullshit again, why the fuck does the an-94 have the worst fucking iron sights in the game and kill yourself arnie "im not gonna put you out there empty handed, gonna give you a wind of cancer leather jacket that stops approximately jack shit good luck fuckface"

The abakan is incredible what are you smoking

If the Zone was real I would probably start a prostitution business, smuggling girls into the early villages like Cordon.

That is, until the Military, the Bandits and every other faction starts demanding a piece of the pie.
If there's anything I hate about Slavs is that you always have to count on paying off at least a dozen people before doing business.

You would start a prostitution business with selling your ass to Monolith.

its iron sights are dogshit and these spetsnaz guys are bugged so that they can be killed only with headshots and they kill you in literally 1 hit with warfighter on master

incredible my fucking ass, maybe with a scope but these iron sights were designed by some fuckbag who never aimed down these sights

Never EVER

The ghosts at the brain scorcher keep crashing my game. Wat do

Crash log is empty too.

Deactivate the scorcher, it makes the ghosts go away

Why won't the military just go to that cordon village and wipe it out if they are so hostile to stalkers?

Their corrupt commander has a deal with sid and wants to keep the artifacts flowing.

Because sidorovich pays them to fuck off.

Why are people wasting so much time and effort on creating mods for outdated games and engines, I will never understand the fascination of trying to turn shit into gold.
Just develop your own S.T.A.L.K.E.R at this point.

! [SCRIPT ERROR]: e:\stalker_coc\gamedata\scripts\xr_patrol.script:570: attempt to concatenate field 'patrol_key' (a nil value)

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression :
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : ..\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 189
[error]Description : fatal error
[error]Arguments : LUA error: e:\stalker_coc\gamedata\scripts\xr_patrol.script:570: attempt to concatenate field 'patrol_key' (a nil value)

stack trace:

0023:0056399C xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()
0023:06522B06 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()

oddly enough i can't find xr_patrol.script in gamedata\scripts

Are there any westerners in the Zone? I'm surprised americans don't want to bring some freedom there.

They fund freedom and send UAVs

>westerners fund anarchists and junkies
how surprising

Mercs

so Duty wins because Loners aren't a faction

The guys from Vostok Games tried that with Survarium. The movement and shooting is very stiff and robotic, but my main complain is it being a pay-2-win game.

Maybe Escape from Tarkov will be good, albeit, with no mutants.

anyone playing with the delayed repairs option on?
having an... interesting time with it. seems neat though, giving me some downtime to check around bar and see whats what

does luajit work with coc
it doesn't seem to replace any dlls

Got a weird problem, where Call of Pripyat sits at 100% using only one core and runs like shit. I don't get it every other stalker runs like butter

Does CoC use the CoP or CS gunplay? I don't remember having this little fun in normal CoP.

My waifu

Nevermind. It seems to happen when your character's mental health dips below some number, probably an out of bounds error. The fix is just changing actor.ltx v_psy_health to a higher number.

It's likely a script within the prepackaged database for CoC. Another script probably calls a function in xr_patrol with an invalid parameter. I would recommend seeing what that function is for and then seeing what scripts you have might call that script in order to fix the issue.

If you ever lived in a CCCP country you would have never asked such thing: the cynical difference between the (state's) official standpoint and the harsh reality were always striking. Throw the to mix the (often institutionalized) corruption and there you are.

So the real question is: why would they want to wipe out? Sure, if they were pressured by somebody powerful who has the means to enforce such regulation they'd do it. But if you dig a little deeper, the existence of Loners are everybody's interest after all.

Sid and the corrupt Commander are just pawns on the chess table, Roadside Picnic does a great job showing a glimpse of the background network built on the exploitation of the Zone. From the bottom to the top, everybody's doing their little side businesses.

Yet the Military still protect the border of the Zone, still shoot on sight on outsiders and still carry out orders. Orders, that might bend the rules a little for personal advantage. It's not some ground-breaking scam from top-level but just the natural order of the system.

Have you played SFPS?

0 mentions of patrol_key and xr_patrol in gamedata folder

It's great to see this shitty webm I captured from a youtube video here

git gud

kill yourself, i finally did it after 4 attempts but that doesnt make the iron sights on the an-94 any less shit

>everyone browses /sg/

does nimble sell the lynx in call of chernobyl
if so, does it have plastic furniture? i have a svd right now but desu im not really a fan of the wooden furniture it has.

im using ao btw

How come the Reshade I downloaded isn't working? The instructions just said drg and drop, and I did.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

>see

how can i fix ui scaling, i'm playing CoC in 4k downsampled to 1080 and the text is tiny and off center

>ywn play a roaming merchant in the Zone
>ywn resupply your stash by mass-killing Zombies
>ywn get orders to acquire extremely rare weapons
>ywn have to get them in the most creative ways
>ywn hire bodyguards to protect you from rivals
>ywn get abducted and tortured for your stash
>ywn rescued by Friends or hired Mercs

oh yeah, using this.
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/old-dream-reshade

You have to press an activation key to turn it on.
Like F10 or something.

Found out what I was doing wrong. I was running the game in DX11. The reshade only works in DX9.

But now the screen is black nomatter what.

best woods game since arma 2

Never run in DX11. To get all of the graphical effects, run in DX10. Weird, but blame ruskies

moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/addons/high-resolution-fonts-for-4k-ws-mouse-cursor
this fixes text, shame the font itself sucks bad

Besides artifacts what benefits do you think the zone. can provide humanity? Can anomalies be used is other way? Or are they too unpredictable and unstable to do anything, but spawning artifacts? Can Flesh mutants be tamed like pseudodogs? Are there more potential weapons other than the gauss rifle that can be made with the help of artifacts?

Can always just blow up the vanilla fonts if you don't like those

The benefit was c-con learning how to not accidentally fuck up and saving humanity from itself.

Good job, strelok

The C-Conciousness explains all of it's plans and the profits it'd bring with it.

That's all.
If you think in a rational way then Strelok as wells as duty is right, the zone itself isn't natural and needs to be contained, if not destroyed.

I want a squad of bloodsuckers to watch my back while I collect shiny, glowy treasure.

The first mission is the filter. If you're an entitled, whiny little cunt you'll ragequit and move on.

Oh I posted that in the wrong thread. I've been playing this game for years, and SoC/CoP are two of my all time favorite games. What you said is 100% accurate though.

Not pictured: tactical advantage

dutyfag reporting in

nice loadout shitbag

you give us dutiers a bad name

>doesn't post loadout

dont have my duty playthrough saves anymore but it certainly didnt feature 13 (thirteen) multiple use medkits and 6 (six) one use medkits alongside 29 bandages and 15 antirads.

I finally watched this. Fedor Alexandrovich is a tinfoil loon but it was an interesting documentary anyway.

The one thing I did find plausible is that a Moscow bureuacrat pressured the night shift into carrying on with the test.