/eagg/ East Asian Genocide General - Fight against bandit lords Edition

Last thread: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/d4kmz03p
Musou Stars OST: pastebin.com/eB09X6D4
Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
What we know so far about DW9 (thanks to whoever posted this): pastebin.com/yyQCXi69
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6

Bulletin;
-Dynasty Warriors 9 confirmed, Liao Hua is still not playable.
-DW9 will be open world. We may or may not get a lot of newcomers. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Warriors Orochi may or may not be phased out.
-Berserk Musou is out.
-Fire Emblem Musou confirmed, Chrom is playable.
-Fate Extella: The Umbral Star is out.
-Sanadamaru confirmed for localization, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version.
-Toukiden II is out.
-Musou Stars is out. [JP Only]
-Musou Stars trademarked in Europe, called 'Warriors All-Stars'
-ROTK13pucc~ is out.
-Reminder to remind people that we exist.
-As long as no one is being autistic, feel free to discuss anything you think belongs to the general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOUFC6orC58
the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=23873
sensortower.com/android/br/arisumateituku/app/my-romantic-three-kingdoms/jp.arismile.a1a157/
vndb.org/v10289
vndb.org/v12714
vndb.org/v13803
vndb.org/v2089
vndb.org/v12438
vndb.org/v18293
vndb.org/v18611
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni1_KPsl49s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=qOUFC6orC58
The Wall of Fate remix? In DOA? What is this madness?

BAOOO

Enjoy your easy automatic renbu combos

renbu 2.0 is now a meme, get used to it bub.

FOR GLORY

It's infuriating how you can't make CAWs that match the unique characters in level of detail.

looks like you put tits on maximum

My only consolation from this damned CAW system is the rocket tits.

>tfw still can't pick between SW4E or DW8E because both feel equally flawed

get both

Is there any other way?

What flaws does SW4E have that DW8E doesn't?

I'm not memeing, I haven't played either. I've just always read on here DW8E is shit and SW4E is good. It sucks because I was wanting a """new""" Empires game, but strongly prefer DW to SW.

can you download caws in sw4E? I was never really good at making one but downloading some and editing them helped me make some pretty good one is dw8e

cute

What the fuck is renbu, anyway?

DW6 meme combat.

Anyone got some stats and abilities for a Xianbei/Wuhuan CAW in ROTK13?

SW4's corridor maps, worse CAW, less options/replayability.
The impression I've gotten is that SW4E is the better and more polished experience, but playthroughs can end up feeling very samey unless you get a lot of unique events. DW8E has more variety but isn't as balanced and all the events are focused on you playing a CAW so if you don't it's a wasteland. I've also heard patches alleviated some of DW8E's issues, though.

DW8E has a much better CAW system. More customization options in just about every regard without paid DLC and best of all, you can genderbend via officer swap and make Liao Hua your waifu.

button mashing

please respond

i thought you could do officer swap in SW4E as well?

Is the AI actually better in Samurai Warriors? This gives me hope for DW9.

yeah

I have to wonder, does DW8E preform well on _Vita?_

I like me some musou, but I also like portability

yeah its alright

SW has always had better AI and more basic enemy variety

There's a demo you can try. It ran like shit when I tried it back when it came out, but DW8CE runs pretty well on Vita now so I don't know if an update fixed things since then.

It's ridiculous that they don't transfer the AI then. Anything would be better than the DW8 AI.

Too bad the mechanics in SW4 pretty much invalidates them though

What mechanics specifically?

is dynasty warriors 4 the best game lads

4 dynasty warriors are the game bests

Best ps2 dw, for sure.

No it's DW5 empires.

It's the worst of the PS2 games. Except maybe/probably 2 which I never played.

>sleeping on based 5

What do people like about 5 actually? I find it the least memorable out of all the games.

idk, it's the first musou game I actually owned. Beforehand I had only rented DW3XL and DW4.

Fair enough.

It's the storymodes for each character. Even though they're shit. People love 'em for some reason. SW1's the only game that did it right, and it only worked because there was a tiny cast. Otherwise kingdom stories are the way to go.

>worse CAW
I don't know, SW4E does let you have custom portraits

4 is the least memorable for me.

3 had the dub and general silliness. Best stage design. Also little things like horses throwing you off if you're a pleb with low rank.
5 had the best gameplay of the PS2 games. If you include XL it also had the best game modes.
Only thing that stands out in 4 is duels and taunting. I really don't understand why they dropped both after one game.

How?

>People love 'em for some reason.
people mythologizing them like they're really fleshed out stories with unique stages for each character when they're all mostly the same battles
DW9 will probably be the same way

The fact that you can just guard dash side to side until they attack, get parried, and open themselves up for a triangle button prompt. Repeat until they're dead.

>DW9 will probably be the same way
>probably
It's pretty much confirmed with the "no what-ifs" thing. Battle of Guandu for example will always run the same no matter what did you do before or what character are you playing, except that it will be on either side of the conflict depending on the character, and it will be easier if you do side missions before.

I was hyped when the first news came in, but grew jaded with time.

>It's pretty much confirmed with the "no what-ifs" thing.

They've already contradicted that by saying le three peach brothers get to choose who they fight for in the Yellow Turban skirmishes.

it's not about what-ifs, it's just people that act like the old character-based stories were wildly different for each character when they never really were

Why doesn't anyone care that Gongsun Zan was silently confirmed as an Other add?

who?

Does he even do anything remotely interesting? all I know about him is that he's friends with Liu Bei and Zhao Yun worked for him

A warlord from northern China. Known as the “White Horse General” because he had an elite cavalry of white horses. He was a major power in the north but was ultimately defeated by Yuan Shao. Liu Bei, Zhao Yun, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei originally served under him. Fictionally, he was a major player in the campaign against Dong Zhuo. Gongsun Zan showed signs that he might have suffered from obsessive compulsive disorder.

He was a major enemy in Yuan Shao's early years and was Zhao Yun's original commander. Showing his war with Yuan Shao would make Yuan Shao appear much more legitimate as a commander, which would add some weight to Cao Cao’s defeat of him and make Yuan Shao more interesting over all instead of just a joke. It would also show more of Zhang He and Zhen Ji, since they worked for Yuan Shao before joining Cao Cao. Likewise, it would provide more background for the 4 main Shu characters.

If the optional missions are like DW4 then it would actually be better than the hypotheticals of DW8 because the optional missions would make or break strategies but you could still win in the end so it doesn't feel so linear.

Killed known bandit and imperial pretender Liu Yu

Zhao Yun former master

>not 5XL and based Destiny mode

>comic-book style
Who thought this was a good idea?

shut your dumb degenerate mouth

Source?
As horrible as a person as he was, he did have a pretty interesting life.
>the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=23873

>If you select Liu Bei, you start in Yellow Turban rebellion era. (1/4)
>During this time, the player can choose to side with Gongsun Zan or Yuan Shao in their skirmishes during this era (2/4)

I remember that leaker back in February that came in here. If there's gonna be around 90 characters, and at least one for each faction, who's getting more? He mentioned Cao Jie, Yang Hu, Lu Kang and Hua Xiong. If that's true, we have about six characters right there. Too many or too little?

That's a nice thought but knowing Koei, they'll just make Gongsun Zan a generic

We probably couldn't expect more if they are spending most of their time making huge changes to the system. If they fuck that part up it won't matter how many characters they add.

Did anyone else stop playing the main series and just jump to Empires when they come out?

I always feel like Empires is taking one step forward and two steps back, usually with a lot of minor things and that it needs a slightly bigger budget.

4 had the best music and voice lines. Cheesy is good but not too cheesy.
INSUFFERABLE ROGUES

I don't understand why people do this, Empires are really fucking bad.

To the contrary, I played Empires a few times and went back to XL.

I never played the Empires or XL versions

Speaking of 4, doesn't the guy who voiced Lu Bu in that game do one of the voices for the generics in 8?

t. bandit liu

Liu Yu was never a flesh eating cannibal brigand

You're right, that's Liu Bei.

three Kingdoms dating sim that isn't gender bent moeblob when

sensortower.com/android/br/arisumateituku/app/my-romantic-three-kingdoms/jp.arismile.a1a157/

Nah too much grinding for weapons

3 or 5 were the best in my opinion, 5 probably holds up better but 3 was my first and none of the sequels will ever be able to top it for me

I hope so I've been wanting this nigger for ages.

Hopefully they portray him as a good guy who slowly becomes insane and paranoid to the point even moralfags like Liu Bei and Zhao Yun ditch him

vndb.org/v10289
vndb.org/v12714
vndb.org/v13803
vndb.org/v2089
vndb.org/v12438
vndb.org/v18293
vndb.org/v18611

I thought 4 had the best gameplay because of the officer moveset, bodyguards and map design. I mean the officers actually know how to use their movesets in 4 and the whole game was gameplay over story.

Is Koihime Musou worth playing?

Just go to sadpanda and fap to the hcgs

Do any of the older RTK games have a story mode that covers the events of the novel? Dynasty Warriors can't actually be the only plot focused Three Kingdoms game right?

>New three kingdoms game came out in PS4 IN ENGLISH
>it's multiplayer
>no one on /eagg/ is talking about it

???

>story focused strategy game
How would that even work?
Anyway, you posted VI, which had a battle mode in the PK with everything from Zhang Jiao to the fall of Wu.
Is that some new Knights of Valour?

Beside that, there would be just too much stuff to cover, and most of it doesn't really have anything to do with actual battles, so RTKXIII Hero Mode is the best you can get.

I think I'm playing enough f2p games right now.. I'll keep it in mind though, eurobro.

Are there any famous traders/merchants in the three kingdoms era?

The two who sold shit to Liu Bei in the first chapter of the novel for starters.

Liu Bei was a sandel merchant before everything.

Shi Bao was a blacksmith.

Fictional Wei Hong, a rich man from Henan and a friend to Cao Song who funded Cao Cao's conscription effort when he first came to Chenliu.

Thanks

AYO HOLD UP

youtube.com/watch?v=Ni1_KPsl49s

2:10

its pronounced CHAO CHAO? damn

Cowboy Sima Yi

4 gameplay was stiff as hell because you were locked in the direction you started a combo.

Another rare Sima Yi

Is this what he was doing when Cao Cao tried and failed to find him multiple times?

Emperor Sima Yi

why are there so many pictures of Sima Yi with guns