Is the meme that mustangs can't turn true...

Is the meme that mustangs can't turn true? I want to pick up a miata for fucking around at my local track but mustangs are decently cheaper.

The most fun car I've ever driven was a foxbody.

>new edge best edge

Pick up an old Chevy. 80s 90s camaro or a firebird and throw a big block in it. The power to weight ratio is insane in those light cars. Plus. It's not a ford

On a prepared smooth track they're honestly not terrible. The biggest issue is that solid rear axles are terrible at holding grip over bumps. So if you're carving up the streets a single bump can send your rear end skittering out. Also, get a panhard bar. The rear end side to side sway is insane, and a panhard bar does a lot to correct that.

I went from a '96 Miata to an '04 Mustang GT. There's no comparison. Miata handles infinitely better. I'd smile driving the Miata all around town, while the Mustang's only really fun when I punch the gas and feel that big V8.

The Miata felt like video game driving, being able to wrap around silly tight corners without using the brakes. A winding road's a blast just hooning around like a madman. I miss it, unless I have to go fast in a straight line--it wasn't a pleasant car to drive on the highway at 65+.

It's not that the Mustang "lol can't turn," it's that it feels larger and heavier than it is. Like even compared to the 2000 Camry I had it feels big. And you can also feel the solid rear axle moving out from under you around turns. Mustangs before 2005 had nothing positively locating the axle under the car. The plus side of the Mustang is that once you get on the open road, hit the throttle and you're doing 125 without realizing.

depends on the gen, the new s197s can actually turn from the factory and with some work can be pretty fun in corners

>it wasn't a pleasant car to drive on the highway at 65+
why's that?

speed bump

>why's that?

It was my DD so naturally these things wouldn't be a big deal as a third car.

>Short gearing means turning 5K RPM at local highway speeds.
>Short wheelbase+light car+quick steering makes it feel skittish going fast.
>Very noisy, even with the top up. Forget the radio and having a conversation with a passenger means shouting.
>You're aware how tiny you are compared to the SUVs all around you.
>Bad visibility with the top up.
>Engine power is perfectly fine to drive, but not enough to enjoy accelerating at high speed.
>Getting to 100 takes a while

When I bought the Mustang and I was having to force this thing through the country roads where I bought it, I felt like I'd made a terrible mistake. But then I got on the highway, took off like a shot and did 40 over all the way home listening to David Bowie and it was OK.

Miata is a sports car. Mustang is a muscle car, or at best a GT car.

Get a 2010-2014 Mustang GT, buy some track suspension, have fun. On a smooth surface, they're just as fast as an M3, though LRA can hurt performance a bit on a rough road. There are plenty of cars that handle worse.

If you want a long wheel base GT car thats cheep and handles find a Mark VIII or a super coupe, they both have IRS and SLA front suspension. Cheeper then an SN-95 and they handle wayyyy better.

The VIII has more power than the 2V Mustang too. 4V Cobra engine.

ooh you're lucky you have options
I wouldn't want more than one car given the choice anyway
that being said, now I don't know whether I want the sports car or GT instead...

nothing like cruising a in a small block muscle car

This. Even if youre cheap and pick a 350 (pls no 305) you can still have fun and those engines can be built to scare.

Miata's better for actually having fun in the car. Muscle car is just mash-vroom.

I became wary reading

I'd rather eat worms than drive a Chevy

Wierd question, but would it be possible to give an F-body Camaro exceptional handling? I'm looking at an LT4 SS for 3200$, but I feel like I'd like to get the handling just right, since it has enough power off the bat. Normally I'd go for a strut and better shocks, but is it even possible to make it a good-handling car on par with something like a Foxbody?

Mustangs can turn. You just need subframe connectors and coilovers.

I am that guy. Unless you're carrying around friends or out on the highway for hours, the Miata is infinitely more fun to drive. Every trip around town in the Miata is a joy. Mustang is dull and sluggush unless you can get a good 0-40+ pull going.

oh shit lol

well thanks for answering my query
I don't habe the luxury of friends anyway so that made things easier for me

*have

Mustangs are underdeveloped ugly shitboxes with unnecessarily large and inefficient engines.

It's easy to say when you like a car, so I'll when I didn't like them:

Miata:
-On the highway
-On cold, hot, or rainy days
-With cargo
-With a passenger who has a purse or backpack

Mustang:
-Around town
-On windy roads
-In traffic
-At the gas station (lol 13mpg average city)
-Repairing it (garbage quality vehicle)

Also Mustang seats are shit while Miata seats hug you if you're not fat.

If you care about image at all, I'll say IRL girls love the Miata, older guys love the Miata, and younger guys who like proper driving love the Miata. Never heard the "gay" thing outside of Veeky Forums. The Mustang gets more attention though, mostly from guys in their 20s, or boomers who are somehow reminded of their Mustang in 1967. Other Miata drivers are friendly than Mustang drivers, too.

Older Mustangs like SN95 handle like garbage trucks

>unnecessarily large ... engine

kek, found the Camry driver