Your typical 21 year old son to a single mom user here

Your typical 21 year old son to a single mom user here.

Finnished my a-levels about a year ago, applied to a random university for a random bachelor's degree and quit after 2 weeks.

I've grown content with living a rather minimalist life, dumping my precious time into shitposting, lurking and VIDEOGAMES.

Is there any hope left if I am just trying to live a semi-NEET / shut-in life?

I started sending out applications for an apprenticeship in a trade, but I worry about not having the work ethics to work a 40-hour week. Might just bite the bullet and do my 3 years of apprenticeship anyway so that I can atleast work part-time, doing stupid IT shit like managing networks, perhaps even move to the US.

Life hasn't been too kind to me thus far, and it's only going to get worse(presumably), so I'd appreciate a little bit of indulgence.

Other urls found in this thread:

nearlyfreespeech.net/services/hosting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get some initiative and stop thinking oppurtunities will fall to you.

Bump

Final bump, please share some advice with a desperate user.

Pathetic. Working 8 hours a day is hard? Grow up.

What do you want? There's no magic solution that will cure your problem. You need discipline. Make a calender and at the start of every week fill it out with shit you need and want to accomplish. Stick to it.

Well buddy.

It's very difficult to accurately assess what you're lacking in life, what would inspire you, etc. I could give general advice as if I was talking to a 21 year old version of myself but that wouldn't necessarily be relevant to you.

So, try to have a good hard think about what your ideal end goal would look like and then have a down to earth chat with yourself about whether you're willing to do what it takes to get there.

And in the meantime, for fucks sake *do something*. Get a shitty job and see if you can get a promotion. Save some cash. Work on your skills, like getting a driving licence if you haven't yet. Drink some beers and shag some women, or at least have fun trying. Work out. Get some hobbies that are not sedentary and/or not solitary.

One day your youth will be gone and your freedom and time will be replaced by duties and deadlines, and you'll look back and think "fuck, I wish I spent less time playing vidya like a sad sack and more time making memories".

nothing good will ever happen to you unless you force it into existence out of sheer willpower

Thanks for the first genuine and constructive reply, user.

I forgot to mention that I've been trying to move out of my mom's basement for a while now, although it's not as easy as I thought it'd be, especially with all the sandniggers moving in now.
However I have been working in a print shop for 5 weeks now and earned my first 500€. It's shitty work, considering my slight disability, but 10€ / h is good pay for somebody in my situation.

The issue with my life is that I have been basically raised by fourchins. When I discovered it back in 2009, I was young as fuck with no dad, spending literally every waking hour that I'm not at school infront of the lurking station. This is my life, and I am content with that.

I've never had any interest in fucking women, owning a nice BMW or traveling. Lurking on fourchins and shitposting ARE my memories, this is what I want to be doing with my life. I have always enjoyed it, and I don't really see a way in that it could change.

Call me degenerate if you wish, but it is what it is.
Alteast I've been trying to become a productive member of society, although I do contemplate about easy ways to get cash nowadays, like Jewtube and Twitch.

Maybe I was a bit too negative in the OP, but I don't have a problem working to sustain my lifestyle. It's just that my lifestyle involves sitting in front of my computer all day, so there aren't too many costs involved. That's why I'm looking for a way to finance my minimalist lifestyle.
40 hours a week would be overkill and considering that I have above average education for German standards, there are still plenty of doors open for me.

20 y.o. in similar predicament here. Except I quit before my a levels. Get an easy labour job and work your hours up slowly. I started on 20 something hours a week.

/thread

moving to the US isn't something you can just decide to do

>Life hasn't been too kind to me
>quit after 2 weeks
It's the guns fault for pointing itself at your foot while telling you to pull the trigger.

Like the other user said, think of what you want and set your goals on working towards it.
That currently being moving out you'll have to get a decent income to afford your own place. To achieve that you'll have to increase your income. Assuming you're not going to start your own business, you'll have to find a job that you find interesting and not too terrible. If your job is part time, which I assume it is, you have spare time look for something more interesting or perhaps something that will teach you some skills next to your current job or as a replacement for it. But expect to be turned down a lot if you're sending out your resume.
Of course if you enjoy your current one you can try to learn from it what you can for future use.
Twitch and youtube booms have gone you're too late to hop on the boat now.
But if you are looking into other ways to make money you should spend some time looking and learning a skill, there's plenty of online resources. In the end, however, you will have to get some self discipline to just work on it. Therefore like I said at the start your goals, the thing you really want and want to work for are the most important.
Good luck, user, I'm sure you can do it. Although that's easier said than done, me being in a similar situation and all.

There was an user here who said he dropped out of high school but started a successful business selling some niche product. I also dropped out of hs (but I got a degree later which I don't think will use ever again) and I'm deeply troubled (people ostracize me because of certain health issues), so I decided I want to start a business at home. Giving up is not an option. I know html, audio editing, and graphic design, I just don't know what to do. I'd set up an e-commerce but I don't know what products I would be selling.

Knowing just html gets you nowhere if you want to do web development, it's such a mess you'll have to use 5 different languages to set up something decent and that's just front-end.
Although if you know graphic design and want to put in a bit more work for web development you could make bespoke websites advertised at local businesses. Ofcourse if you don't want to you can compete with pajeets on freelance websites for graphic design if that's your thing.

I know which is why web design per se isn't my first priority. Last year I studied some C# but I was n't sure whether I'm ever going to use it so my motivation dropped. And I would probably need to buy a server if I want to sell shit and I know jackshit about setting servers up... I just don't know I'm really lost.

you can rent server for very low fees especially if your bandwidth usage is low, which it will be when you're starting up.
There's many providers where you can get a decent server for less than 5 dollars a month. Just an example: nearlyfreespeech.net/services/hosting
Good thing for you is that you can use C# for backend development, so that's 1 less language you'll have to learn. And lik I said a few posts above there's plenty of online resources. I'd suggest starting with setting up a prepackaged local server like XAMP and go from there to see what you prefer.

Thank you, I appreciate your help, will check out

mgtow trash gtfo

>life hasn't been too kind to me thus far

so stop being a fucking beta and do something about it. maybe reflect on the sad life you live and change it for the better instead of wasting time and money on vidya. don't expect us to have sympathy when you put yourself in this situation. you dug the hole, now get yourself out of it, and stop being such a betafag OP.

>he only works 8 hours a day.

Not working overtime since 14 pleb race...

it is for 40 years straight