What made Hungary keep its unique language for a thousand years being in the middle of Europe...

What made Hungary keep its unique language for a thousand years being in the middle of Europe? Lots of other peoples succumbed to Slavinisation and Germanisation, but not the Huns.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm8o04r1VNw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Huns

>tfw no qt muzzie hating Hungarian gf

I'm gonna need a name

Atilaetzhkia Shishvankitar

They've outnumbered the Moravian Slavs, plus they've subjected themselves to an early form of westernization which came in package with the Christianisation.

>Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm8o04r1VNw

>tfw she's a Mormon missionary
>Mormon = Islam rip-off

>American accent
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It sounds shallow on shallow people for sure but in their accents and expressions you hear that optimism, warmth and determination that made the country dominant in our era. English is the new French. French itself has become ever more coarse since the Revolution.

i really like countryballs.
Post more.

mountains

Maybe it has something to do with the constant migration of fresh Asian nomads into Hungary, like Cumans and Pechenegs?

Which mountains? You mean the wide open pannonian plain with easy access from the southwest and west? The one that stretches into serbia, croatia, slovenia and partially austria?

Early conversion to Christianity saved them from having the other Christian states uniting against them, so that bought them time.

The Habsburg were very lenient with them, especially after the Kuruc rebellions.
It was probably the pro-Habsburg Hungarian nobles, the "Lobonz", like János Pálffy, who had a role in convincing the Germans that Hungarians can still be useful to them.
Whiteout this, Hungary would have been abolished as a separate entity and completely Germanized.
The Hungarians would have become some small minority like Lusatian Sorbs.

Stephan I having the godlike foresight to adopt Christianity right then and there. Practically at the same time as settling in the Carpathian Basin. But of course only after raiding through the entirety of Europe. All the way to
>Costa Brava
>Aachen
>Bremen
Good times.

I wouldn't exactly call the rule of Haynau "lenient"...
It might be a bit overstated, but still it was an orchestrated effort to break the spirit of further potential rebels.

I was in Oslo and a swede at espresso bar fanned her face when she heard me speaking english. She said "ooh english" and started talking to me. Even made friends with her and had her show me all around the city. Not everyone gets the pitch forks around muricans.

More importantly, What made the Basques keep their unique language for a thousand years being in the middle of Europe?

Did you bang her?

What makes the hungarians unique when there are other cultures/ethnicities that did the same thing

That probably has more to do with the fact that norwegian sounds like the swedish a 3 year old would speak complete with made up words.

The language is unique, having no close linguistic relatives save Finnish. Even with Finnish it only has less than 50 similar sounding words that predate the splitting of the tribes around 500.

borrowing grammar and some vocabulary from latin and castillian

Because the devil himself is a Hungarian and he has a legion of demons working round the clock to promote magyarism.

Magyarism = satanism

t. Respectable European

>That probably has more to do with the fact that norwegian sounds like the swedish a 3 year old would speak complete with made up words.

Kill yourself Sven.

>like sorbs

Highly unlikrly. The austrians were shit at germanisation, 300 years of concerted effort towards the south and all they got to show for it is carinthia, a minority in bolzano and about 20 germans living in slovenia

Inb4 this dude is a turk.

Etymology is a spook. Most etymons are picked based on assumptions like what family a language belongs to or what other languages it (allegedly) had contact with.

>unique language
Yeah, shit sounds like fucking Klingon.

Underrated :DD

The >Respectable european especially seems fishy

It's the terrain. Panonia is the only real region of steppe inside Europe, steppe is important because it's rich enough to breed horses on, but too poor to profitably turn over to agriculture. Nomads who conquer grasslands invariably lose their horse culture very quickly, because using their rich lands to grow horses would be a waste when he could grow crops, sell half to buy horses, and keep the rest in profit. This goes along with losing their cultural identity as they intermarry with the native elites. The only nomads who have kept their identity are people like the Mongols and the Hungarians, who still live in steppe countries.

What about Estonian? And Saami? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Wasn't Hungarian Turkic before?

I remember Byzantine sources referring them as Tourkia or some shit.

Yes, our great cousins the Huns.

Fuck off Roach. Modern T*rks have nothing to do with pre-Ottoman Turks. You're just Muslim Greeks.

We are the great descendants of the Seljuk turks of the Turkic Oghuz tribes.

If we were just "muslim greeks" we would never have managed to build such a vast and modern Empire while being in debt to germanians.

Yeah modern T*rks look like Greeks and Arabs. Don't have slanted eyes either.

They migrated there after the migration period ended. Europe has pretty much the same ethnic borders it did since the end of the Magyar invasions.

Blame all those slav and greek balkies we took into our harems.

Sadly our turkic genes werent strong enough to wash out their filthy gypsy ones so the result became that of when a white woman mixes with a black man and the child is brown.

yeah no you're the result of greeks getting fucked by muslims, mehmet. ergo you got fucked.

who is that Turkish midget

Köksal Baba or more like Sultan Baba for you, kaffir

>you're the result of greeks getting fucked by muslims
Nah, that is modern Greece. We removed the non-Turkic filth from Anatolia while keeping a express-way open from Transoxiana for every Turk that wanted to migrate and live the Roman dream for centuries.
Hell, Osman I's father moved from CA with the Kayı tribe to the Sultanate and swore allegiance to the Seljuk's until he conquered them himself, so the royal house wasn't native.
The future head of House Osman, whom shall reunite the Turkic tribes.

>The future head of House Osman, whom shall reunite the Turkic tribes.
*who