No

>let's make a big engine
>how big?
>really big
>how do we make it?
>okay, so we take two Northstars
>and we connect them end to end
>BRILLIANT

I want to believe that the glorious bastards thinking up shit like that used to be Olds or Pontiac engineers.

Is that a V6? if so in the shitter.
These niggas knew where it was.

>recheck google
>it's actually two LSs, not Northstars
EVEN BETTER
NOW IT JUST NEEDS A WANKEL TO POWER THE FRONT WHEELS

well it was based on what shit they did before
glue two v6's together to make a v12 with 702 ci
they even had 2 intake manifolds

It looks like any other engine

You guys dont get the point

What exactly is so special about the Lincoln? Looks like a dressed up 4.6 DOHC

Just looked it up. It's a dressed up 3.5 ecoboost V6. You're trying to say that's more special than a V16?

>Mass Effect: the engine
I guess if you like that sort of sci-fi aesthetic

But how do I work on it?

Thats a lot of fucking plastic covers I gotta take off...

>disgusting cursive logo
>disgusting valve covers
>biggest and ugliest log header i've ever seen
>engine block webbing

this one not that bad

spark plugs
>pop off the cover

air filter
>located right at the front

>battery
probably held on by a single tie-down

worth it for the gorgeousness

even after all that its still better than some dressed up ecoshit which that car was supposedly going to have. surprised Ford didn't try to make another V12 like they did in the 90s. didn't go into production due to cooling issues but if you aren't planning on producing the concept anyway why not go balls out? i miss the days when Ford had testicles and didn't saw off its dick to go trans.

>implying they let any old greasemonkey work on high end luxury cars like these

It isn't a beautiful engine but they're definitely in the running for "top plastic engine cover design"

looks like negro shit.

here have a real motor

Because they used a V16 way back in the day, they should have done this to production-completion. The only reason they didn't was because of cost. Yeah unions and pensions and all that noise, but I feel the best soul-car companies don't give a shit and almost go bankrupt but manage to bounce back. Cadillac is always trying to rebrand themselves as ultimate luxury yet keep churning out fancy Chevys.

Want the world to take you seriously, dipshits? This would have been a nice start.

It's a dressed up Ford...

ITBs will always be top tier, and when the gas runs out they'll finally just be art

You would have to be implying the market always rewards hard work and clever designs in an industry full of blatant badge whoring.

>but I feel the best soul-car companies don't give a shit and almost go bankrupt but manage to bounce back.
Those car manufacturers have memes to ride off of and they are more immune to the Criticisms if they receive any at all for the same negatives as Cadillac regarding interior materials or questionable reliability especially from Mclaren as of late. people still buy into them though and Mclaren is trying to improve.

I feel like in order for any Brand or Manufacturer to improve especially if they show signs of trying to do so they need a costumer-base. Tesla is a company i would describe as having a meme to ride off of (basically being synonymous with Electric Cars). despite really shitty interiors and build quality far worse than Cadillac people love them and buy them up. Tesla has a avid fanbase and costumers-base and its partially why Musk is even planning all these outlandish factories and charging infrastructure.

If a Brand is ignored for the most part and not even given the time of day how can people even expect them to churn out ambitious projects like the Sixteen if people are just going to pass them up on the basis that their "not a BMW"? the E60 M5 was kind of a shit car in a lot of ways. plastic interior and questionable reliability but people didn't ignore it and BMW used the money they made off the E60 M5 to make a better M5 for the next generation.

The Alpha and Omega platforms that Cadillac designed and have no Chevy Equivalent and are great pieces of engineering (no really, i would recommend reading up especially on the Omega). its just sad that if the market shows absolutely no interest they can't improve at all and may even have to retract the steps they made thus far.

I can only hope they can one day please all around though and hopefully produce that Cadillac super luxury car.

That V16 looks purdy.

Shits all over Lincoln's V6.

Roll Royce V16 looks great.

>inb4 it is just BMW engine -- so what. Mclaren F1 cars uses it.

I'm the guy you responded to and I agree wholeheartedly. In my mind I want Cadillac to be in competition with Bentley and Rolls Royce but it's just not gonna happen because of the stumbles they've had throughout their long career.

If they came out with a magnificent $200k luxury car that was better on all fronts, we'd still have people saying "oh but let us not forget about the Cimarron" and it wouldn't be a success. Why can't the US have a car company or subsidiary that can actually compete? If GM tried, they'd have to grenade Cadillac and create a new marque at this point

It's the same reason why we aren't making a Grand Wagoner. People aren't going to pay $100k for a Jeep. We might if the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk sells well enough at $86k.

imagine
>V16
>2800 lbs.
>upwards of 650 HP/800 ft-lbs. naturally aspirated
>god only knows how much turbo'd
>mid-engined
>$75k

>mfw never ever

The viper makes that much with a V10. This V16 was rumored to be 1000hp N/A. But keep in mind concept cars have to emission standards.

i was just ballpark guessing based on northstar numbers, but hot damn that is Cerbera-levels of madman

modpill.com

where you can get modafinil at a reasonable price and free shipping.

Came here to post this. The exhaust manifolds alone look like a work of art.

>take two Northstars
It was actually based on the LS of the time.

...he, uh... he knows. You got that right. Except because it was supposed to be luxury they would've spent a ton of time making it waft up to speed rather than squirt. If only... I cannot fathom

>american cars
>quality luxury models