335 HP

>335 HP
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/more-details-emerge-on-hondas-s2000-revival/
gizmodo.com.au/2017/08/leaked-bmw-model-codes-document-suggests-upcoming-supra-will-not-get-a-manual-and-will-only-have-335-horsepower/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If its priced right and comes with three peddles it'll BTFO everything
It wont be any of those things though

That is about as much power as the new S2000 is going to have. It (and) BMW's Z car will get BTFO.

If it is priced around 50k and has 335hp/335tq, sounds fine to me

and weigh 3200 or less.

Didn't they just announce it will only come in an automatic?

Pity really.

>if it is twice as expensive as a mustang gt and has over 100 fewer hp, sounds fine to me

>and 500lbs lighter if 3200lbs
>Will probably be better balanced and have better suspension setup

Nothing screams benchracer like focusing on HP and nothing else.

still won't outdo a Camaro for the same price.

its auto only

except the camao is literally trash no matter where you see it?

>b-but performance
it's slower than a superbike

lol nope

This is a bigger disappointment than the new NSX lmao.

It's going to weigh closer to 3400-3500lb. No way it's going to be that much lighter than a C7.

I'm hoping it's going to be good. The RC F is just out of my price range, so I'm hoping the Supra will exceed my expectations.

How did we go from this

to this? what did they do to supra? his smile and optimism is gone

This car is supposed to be a Grand Tourer not a hard hitting sports car.

Its a shame fags, but the supra for the most part has always been a GT car

lol yup

sperg more

I'm guessing the LC-F is the true successor.

The 90s were a happier time.

>it's slower than a superbike
Did it post a faster time around the ring?

mfw the poopra is slower than a superbike.

Look at the faces of cars, they reflect the cultural mood of the time.

>auto only
d r o p p e d

If its like 40k MAXIMUM I could see people buying it.

I yearn for the days when cars had no faces.

I thought that was an Eagle from the thumbnail

>people believing that "leaked" document
the document also lists 2 USA X4 models with manual transmissions.

lel

Still has an expression, albeit a very neutral one.

>yfw you find out where the Eagle brand came from

How long till someone swaps a 2JZ in it? I give it 5 months from launch.

Also, Toyota, please bring back the 2JZ. Fuck emissions, I want my meme engines back

Ill be laughing when i get catless downpipes, toss in some ethanol and flash tune it and btfo any lard barge in a straight line

*3JZ

remember this is a BMW Z roadster platform so swapping in a JZ engine might royally mess things up as far as handling goes.

The engine will probably detonate itself since it's BMW.

Looks like they took the from of an RX8, the top of a viper and the ass of a BRZ/FRS

The fuck is this thing?

What LC-F. Lexus has said they're not making one.

Looks like an uglier Mitsubishi Eclipse

Worthless bikeposter go back to your containment thread

this. toyota are shitting the bed if they aren't offering a 6-speed. the FR-Z 86 is successful enough to make that plain.

>That is about as much power as the new S2000 is going to have.

This is starting to sound more and more like a 370z competitor than anything else.

Hey, we don't want his fag ass either.

If it is similar weight but turbo, it will be leagues better.

I can only hope.

>auto only
FOR WHAT PURPOSE

Going to cost more than 370z, how would it be better? Obviously supra will be heavier too

3 extra horses tho

D-don’t worry guys, Mazda will our savior with the RX9, right?

It will be auto and overpriced

Jesus the front end on that thing is hideous. I wouldn't buy it if it was 500whp manual and free

blog.caranddriver.com/more-details-emerge-on-hondas-s2000-revival/

that would imply mazda would have enough money to even fund research into building a new sports car

Then why do they make the RC of LC?

They are building a billion dollar factory in the states. Now hopefully they can stop getting fucked by the yen exchange rate and make some actual money and bring us the rotary we lust for

Those. That powerbulge either needs to move way the fuck back or just disappear.

Looks like an R8 facefucked a Beetle.

yfw they don't build it

It looks like a Ferrari Enzo that's having an allergic reaction to some peanuts.

The president said they'd only do that if their 3's and 6's sold really well and they've been getting blown out

>They are building a billion dollar factory in the states
>tfw people could be asking "where were you when mazda made america great again?"

Go figure muh power fags are children who cap spam haha

That's more than the last one had.

And then GM will put the cherry on top by allowing me to purchase an LS1 and switching out whatever dog-shit Mazda puts in there.

15-23 years later depending how you look at it.

That "dog shit" has won le mans
Has a gm engine ever won le mans? No?

ROFLMAO

Oh yeah, man, thanks for reminding me. Can't wait to win my local Le Highway.
>won le mans
>thinking anyone that actually buys it is gonna do pro racing with it

Rotary run faster 1/4 passes than any ls1 engine
Stay btfo

Disappointment of the century. I don't even care about the 335hp. The lack of a manual will kill all the hype for this.

>335 hp
>automatic only
>hybrid engine
I bet this new Supra gets walked by a Mustang GT or even a Camaro SS. Fuck you Toyota. Just let the legend die.

The Supra was cool back in the day because it had a nice design and could hang with the higher end cars in terms of speed.... while also being REALLY GOOD VALUE.

That's what I love about older Japanese cars and American sports cars. Here's a car that can go fast, hey also you can actually fucking buy it. Not just a poster on your wall, but a car you can actually get. That, for me, is a lot of what makes me consider a car good.

This car.... eh. It just hangs on the brand name, without retaining anything cool about the Supra. It's not that fast, it doesn't look good. At it's price range, you can do much better even on the euro end. What's the point.

Jesus fucking christ, it's so fucking ugly.

it's the NSX all over again

The point is that it's not marketed to people like us anymore. I think at one point car culture had more adults in it who actually liked the specs of it, you know? I think it's marketed towards those who can afford it no problem, and will just fall for it because "durr supra fast, the guy from fast n fursona drove it"

to me, the supra died years ago

will buy

you fuck, literally 99% of production cars are slower than superbikes up to 186mph. Only reason bikes cant post decent times on the furburgring is because its a literal shit-track with bumps everywhere.

>furburgring
Is that salt on your jelly there?

The 2JZ is a fucking boat anchor, why the fuck would you do a 2JZ swap??
Just swap in a S54

Rotary also runs faster out of apex seals than any other ls1 engine

You clearly have never been on the nurburgring then

You're looking at it with revisionist glasses. The Supra, Skyline, RX 7, NSX, shit even the S2000 weren't as cheap as people remember them being. They were still expensive, and adjusting for inflation, their around the same price range, give or take 10k.

Nothing wrong with Auto, just shouldn't be the only option, but hey, if speed is what they want, you have to ditch manual

New NSX is great. I don't see why anyone would be disappointed by it

But it fucking won't be at that horsepower output. The 370Z is a fat pig that can't outpace a goddamn Challenger R/T. The Supra is going to be trash because the fucking Nips forgot how to sportscar.

Because 2JZ is one durable ass, legend of a Japanese engine. Also, it'd keep in line with the aristo/Supra mark 4.

Also, because muh 1500hp

overhyped as fuck.
the s50/s54 is objectively better, 2jz is more affordable and available though.

>BMW
>Better than Japanese engine

Pick none. Fucking kek dude, those things a re a bitch to maintain

nah, BMW n/a inline 6 engines are some of the best/easiest engines to work on, and also some of the most durable engines ever.
As I said the 2jz is quite popular because it's cheap (at least it used to be)

They should just use that chassis, upgrade the metals used, and call it a day. Fuck, the mk4 Supra is a thing of beauty

Also front-wheel drive

Yeah, 2JZ isn't as cheap as it once was. Shame, but eh.

Anything German always gives me pause, especially here in North America where parts cost a shit ton, and German cars are always breaking something (including the engine). I'll take your for it though, and seeing as how the new Supra is using a BMW engine, I hope you're right

>BMW B58 engine

So basically BMW with a Toyota Supra body kit

If you want a NSX or a GT-R competitor from toyota look at lexus LC F

>this must be a troll
>look it up
>it's true, the new Toyota Supra will be FWD

HAHAHAHA

BMW Sxx engines are quite expensive but the 2.5 litre M50B25 (non-vanos) is probably the best German block you can buy for the money.
80% of professional drift cars (nissans, volvos, bimmers, benzs etc) are running turbo'd M50B25's because that engine is ridiculously tough and very cheap
the other 10% are BMW V8's and the final 10% are LSx's

>FWD
>Automatic
>hybrid engine
>335 HP
WEW
E
W

Anyone that buys this over a C7 is a huge faggot

Source? Got to be baiting me. Fwd supra makes as much sense as a crossover z

Nipponfags on suicide watch
>w-why can't japan make good cars anymore

gizmodo.com.au/2017/08/leaked-bmw-model-codes-document-suggests-upcoming-supra-will-not-get-a-manual-and-will-only-have-335-horsepower/

Not seeing "fwd supra" fampai

No manual makes it a fucking joke though

ITT

Bmw has no drivetrain for an i6+hp8 to make it fwd and no i4 tarbo engine to put out 335hp

It's a totally different collaborative project.

The difference is that the S2K will be 1K lighter and the Z 500 because Toyota can't into lightweight.
>8 speed auto
welp