Thoughts on the SFR concept?

Thoughts on the SFR concept?

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/these-are-the-first-official-specs-of-the-2016-mazda-mi-1630375801
sfrforums.com/forums/showthread.php?10-Toyota-S-FR-tech-specs-revealed-(130-HP-2160-lbs)
youtu.be/HBxn56l9WcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Btw dis oc.

Peeked it at Megaweb

From FR-S to S-FR.Toyota really can make up great names.

>4 persons
How?

Back seats fit 2 dakimakura pillows comfortably, nice quints

Looks great imo until you get to the ass. Front fascia could use revision too perhaps

I dont really like the look of it, but I love the idea of a lower cost 86

Rear is definitely weak but I like the proportions overall.

Toyota Anguri Furogo a cute

would buy

Personally the miata is small enough for me and i don't care for a smaller car than that. why would you even want smaller than a Miata? if you are looking for the lightest tin can possible couldn't you just build a really cheap kit-car and deck it out with whatever creature comforts and 4pot engines you want?

>6 speed manual
>cute boxy proportions
>probably an N/A i4 or i3 with tuning potential

me want
probably wont release it in north america knowing nip manufacturers

if they made it happy instead of angry then it'd be a bit more appealing IMO

a new miata is stupid expensive, this specifically states low cost as one of its defining features

Someone not on mobile should compare the dimensions to a miata. The interior looked bigger because they didn't have to squeeze in room for a retractable top.

dank get

slightly longer and taller, slightly skinnier
generally about the same though

ND MX-5:
>jalopnik.com/these-are-the-first-official-specs-of-the-2016-mazda-mi-1630375801
>Length: 3915mm
>Width: 1730mm
>Height: 1235mm
>Wheelbase: 2315mm

S-FR:
>sfrforums.com/forums/showthread.php?10-Toyota-S-FR-tech-specs-revealed-(130-HP-2160-lbs)
>3990 mm length
>1695 mm width
>1320 mm height
>2480 mm wheelbase

the only way they can make it better is a TRD supercharger factory option

Nice post. It's a good bit wider than miata

>Thoughts on the SFR concept?
Never ever
I adore it though
Tiny bit of hope that they actually go through with it when they retire the gt86 in a couple years

>make a car designed to go after the miata
>make it fuckugly
>worst color imaginable
>90s archaic bubble styling

>ugly

I want my Gazoo noooooooooowwww

Bonus me not realizing Megaweb is one stop from Comiket and regretting everything.

If you ignore the catfish grill the rest of the car looks very 911

What the fuck is up with Toyota's fetish with 2+2? If the MR2 came back they'll find a way to put in some useless rear seats.

This bit is hot. Just make the front and back look less downy.

Why is it so angry?

It wont get made.

see:
unfortunately. it will most likely not happen.

It might happen. It just won't make it to the states...

why is the driver sad?

what is this sorcery

2 consecutive dubs?

This was a get thread in disguise. Nice dub.

Journo knows he'll never see it stateside

I would buy the unliving fuck out of that car.

>miats
>155HP out of a 2litre in 2017
Yeah Toyota can actually make decent power out of their piston engines bud, this car will probably be aimed at people who expect engine technology to have actually advanced in the last 30 years.

oh dear lord, I think this is the first time I have ever laughed at a grill
I didn't want to become this type of person

Agreed, the form looks fantastic, but the design in the front and rear is just retarded.

I would still buy it, tho. Who the fuck cares about how the car looks. Other than women.

>miata
enjoy your women's car, faggot

>Thoughts on the SFR concept?
I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT SOOOO BAD
For me it's perfect in every single way and I love the styling though it could use a better rear.

When I find out they're not going to sell it in the US I'll probably kill myself.

I'd be interested in it if the bumper cover wasn't 200% grille

Japan loves 2+2s, the 2+2 s30s are more popular over there while nobody likes them in the US.

I would buy it if they FUCKING sold it

25k is cheap for a "sports" car in 2017, same price as a new 86.

1 5 5 H P
H
P

Yeah but it weighs like 400lbs

Yeah but that an absolutely shameful amount of power to get out of a 2 litre DOHC "sports" engine in the year of 2017.

But muh balance

But they could have the same balance plus 50HP if they had a clue how to make decent piston engines.

How much would these actually cost?

MX-5s are way too fucking expensive, and even second-hand 86s are still pretty pricey.

If they can get it to the low $20k AUD range I'll buy one.

This is the best photo I can find showing the rear seats, but they actually look usable.

Somehow, this looks like it has more legroom than an 86.

Japanese people are fucking small

At least they're having a crack. Last time they just outsourced it to another manufacturer and we ended up with 200hp at the crack and a massive torque dip around 4000 rpm.

200 crank horsepower sounds alright, what car was that?

FRS/GT86. Have you not been paying attention?

Toyota is doing alright, I was ragging on the new miata: 155hp....

>Cute
>Smol-ish
>Manuel
>Right wheel drive
>There are people who don't want Toyota to make it
I just don't get it

My apologies, must of jumbled up posts and thought you were talking about the FRS. I hear the drive-train is very efficient though, less than 10 percent loss. I've been in the 1.5 and honestly its not bad, super responsive.

I'm sure it's a good car but I just don't understand how they can get less power out of a 2 litre DOHC in 2017 than say.... A mid 90's 1.6 litre 4AGE 20v...

Toyota SadFrogReeeeeee

>massive
15% drop for 500rpm "massive"

>2 persons and 2 midgets

This thing is smaller than my Scirocco and even in mine people over 1.7m will barely fit in the rear. Behind me only someone smaller than 1.60m will have enough space.

>buy one
>swap to SR20DET
>...
>win

Is Toyota releasing the supercharged engine from that new Yaris hot hatch?
That would be perfect imo.

The rear seats don't have to be comfortable. They're for the rare times when you do want to carry three passengers for a short distance.

MPG and emissions standards are a bitch. The 86, for instance, gets 24 combined MPG, and is LEV-II, which is not allowable past 2020. The Miata gets 29MPG and is ULEV125, which is barely acceptable past 2020. Things get even tighter in 2025, which is why Mazda is going hard on HCCI.

Yeah I accept that's why the 4UGSE makes less power than the old BEAMS 3SGE, but 155 is too low... is Mazda even trying?
Do they even have variable valve timing?

But there's a difference between being able to carry someone uncomfortably on rare occasions and being able to fit someone in the rear at all.

Regarding the engine: I read it should get some revised na engine from a corolla but that info is pretty old by now.

Are you an idiot? Of course they have VVT.

Why is 155 too low? The car is tiny.

Well then they have no excuse for making such low power.

I'm not saying it's low for the car, but it is low for a performance DOHC 2 litre engine.
Toyota made 200hp out of a 2 litre nearly 20 years ago.
Honda made 240hp!
Mazda makes 155 today..... sad!

That's because those engines make like 10 times the pollution of those old engines and Mazda's engine is tuned for more midrange torque and not peak horsepower, because you're going to be using to mid range in every day driving
Not to mention the ND Miata gets like 40mpg on the highway with a 1:1 top Gear whereas the the S2000 gets only slightly more than half of that with 2 over drives

Oh and stock for stock the ND is faster than an S2000 around a track because its an all around more modern car

if you want power in the miata get the edlebrock e-force supercharger, which will come with a 3 year $16k drivetrain warranty

s2000 costs $40k in todays money when adjusted for inflation

Miata RF + SC installed is about $40k. $35k if you go for the standard roadster instead.

A TRD of one of these would be cool to do some tuneup on and sick mawds

I'm kind of surprised by the length, it's actually a about 2 inches longer than the Miata.

Still very smol, but I assumed it was shorter.

It's a 2+2 no?

Cute as fuck (no homo)

youtu.be/HBxn56l9WcU

Anyone have the edit where it looks happy?

Friendly reminder that the real benefit to the rear """""seats""""" is superior seat adjustability compared to the Miata.

And insurance, same reason why this turd has 3 doors and a hatch

Closer to 1000 rpm right in the middle of the powerband, nearly every journalist agrees it's significant and noticeable.

>inb4 journalists don't know shit about cars

They know more than you

They fit a couple, and a child seat, with some space to spare. It's perfect for the Japanese lifestyle.

what sort of faggot ass miata and mini roadster lovechild shit is this??

Why the fuck cant the Japanese make real coupe's anymore?

Agree when is jap going to learn.
They need to take school from GM and ford.

You need to take school from an English teacher

s2k being 40k LMAO, honestly americans crack me up. Tfw i can get an s2k tomorrow for like 5k euros. What a life americans live.

he means MSRP when it came out with inflation included to compare it to the prices of modern cars.
irl an s2k is about 6k in us used most times I see them.

alright, but a few weeks ago I saw some guy saying his s2k is worth like 30k or some shit and he wasnt joking.

And storage space.

tell me where to find one for that price with the wheel on the left, come on

Never going to happen.

reminds me of a z

Toyota have already stated that they are definitely bringing out a sports car that's smaller and cheaper than the 86, it's just a question of whether it's this or another MR2.

side profile looks lame.

what's the point of the backseats

look at this spunky little fucker

i'm down

How the fuck could Mazda even compete