What are the best muscle/sport cars you can get under 5k?

what are the best muscle/sport cars you can get under 5k?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.ca/result/AdDetailInfo.aspx?srcID=19&frnID=10209153
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Integra/civic/crx, fox body, 1 or 2g eclipse or talon, lt1 ta or camaro

probably an old commodore.
get a VX ls1 clubsport for like 5k no worries.

Catfish camaro

Seriously? I'm not a big fan of land yachts but that sounds like some damn good value...

not him but i picked up a 2004 vy ss commodore last month for 7.5k with rego, pretty decent value for money i guess.

>he doesn't drive a welded diff VS v8

>commodore owners

Number one car featured on Highway Patrol

so owning a commodore gets you on tv?

could get an ss but I you would be very lucky to get a clubsport

4h gen Camaro/Firebird and New Edge Mustang.

close enough

>those wheels
>chopped rear springs
damn, you nearly had me dreaming of selling up and becoming a sick cunt commodore driver, but I'll pass on a money pit like that.

I picked up my L98 VZ Thunder with 120,000 for 9k so it's not far off, needs a bit of work especially aesthetic wise, but the engine is healthy
was close to buying a VZ R8 Clubsport rolling shell and swapping my engine/box
but she agreed on 5k, then some boomer told her the prices on literally everything (facebook market)
and she tried to renegotiate to 10k

told her to get fucked

>op mentions budget cars
>thread is all of a sudden filled with sick cunts

Pic related

what about a supercharged v6 calais?
says it has
>12 psi pulley with new belt
>Yella terra 1.9:1 roller rockers
>Growler cold air intake
>Pacemaker headers into 3" exhaust
>Rebuilt auto, stage 2 shift kit, custom 2800 stall corvette servo
>Rebuilt vx ss diff with 3.9 gears
>B&M quick shifter
>18" Calais international wheels
>Slotted brakes
>Lowered pedders suspension
>After market head unit, speakers, amp
>Also have another supercharger with yella terra snout
>will come with reg and RWC for $6000 cash sale
>5k as is without reg/RWC
I mean it's not a v8 but still, 7k in mods with receipts

Still a shitty commodore

Reminds me of the Opel Omega

>Buick V6
>90 degree
>literally just a 50+ year old V8 block with 2 cylinders chopped off
No thanks, an LS1 clubsport for 5k was appealing (and unrealistic), but all these other commodores are just about the what you'd expect in terms of value for money - nothing for me to get excited about.

yeah closest i found to 5k was a vx series 2 ss for 6k but female owner be easy to talk her down to 4.5-5k

A cletusmobile

Please don't try to sell us your car

my car is that one

>A cletusmobile

this

t. Cleetus

a cheap vette

Hi Calypso

Hi

I want to buy a 93 SS catfish with the LT4, how is the handling on the earlier cars? I'm used to my little shitbox, and I'm wondering how how the handling compared to say, a foxbody

ive had foxes and a lt1 camaro. the camaro feels more boat like than the foxes, but handles better and you can notice how much stiffer the chassis is

Interesting, I wonder how far I can take the handling for a low price
Here's the ad autotrader.ca/result/AdDetailInfo.aspx?srcID=19&frnID=10209153 , $3200 USD doesn't seem to bad for a manual LT1 and T56

It's easier to stiffen up a fox than it is to shorten and lighten a turd. All superlatives aside, it's definitely easier to work on a fox.

That's because it is an Opel Omega. Commodores and Cadillac Cateras are rebadged Omegas.

Fix yo clear coat boi

I want to, but first she's getting some motor work and a manual trans. And probably a suspension and steering rack refresh because it steers hard if you hit a small dip with one wheel.

3k civic

Yeah mine needs a bit too... engine needs work, new transmission probably, the suspension is pretty much all original... still I bought a couple cans of factory matched paint. That way when I'm sick of mechanical work I can kick back and just paint some

Cletus has some exquisite taste in cars.

>carbbed

im jelly i want to do a swap on my tpi 350

This one's out of an early 70s camaro apparently. Has some nice heads and a 4 barrel edelbrock. Needs a good cam

Mines the factory engine with a superchip, full exhaust and a k&n meme filter that someone epoxied in to the bracket so I cant replace it without getting a whole new bracket. Shreds tires pretty good but she needs an alignment and has some unidentified rattles

>some unidentified rattles
Lol I've got a real bad one coming from by the center console. Sounds almost like the engine's knocking but you can't hear it from the outside
>tfw your headlight relays got fried

Ive got either a bad maf or maf relay (hopefully), otherwise ill have to look through all my wiring braids... so many wiring braids...

>so many wiring braids
you don't even know... hahaha

I have a fully loaded formula 350, ac, power windows and locks, cruise control.... its a mess in there.

I've got meme windows and manual locks that are seized haha. Gonna be sifting through junkyards in a week, literally buying everything I can get my hands on

>no good junkyards local to me

suffering