Looking for an opinion

Looking to buy a 85 supra for my first car any thoughts or concerns I should worry about

Are you prepared to replace the entire engine with a 7m which you've already replaced the headgasket on?

These a first time for everything

Rust in the rear hatch killed every single one of these that I ever saw. May not be an issue depending on where you live I guess

A60 supra never came out with a 7m engine

That's why you have to swap it in + a new headgasket if you want an engine that isn't a turd. Good luck making a 5me reliable!

>No ABS
>No traction control
>No anti-roll bars
>No rear crumple zone
>No car weight to engine power balance

make sure you drive it like takumi and record it

>>No ABS
>>No traction control
>implying that's a bad thing
ISHYGDDT

>no anti roll bars
Wtf it's not an American car... Pretty sure all Toyota's corolla and up came with anti roll bars since the mid 70's.

Get a celica coupe, faggot.

The pic is related and the only thing I could afford that catches my interest

Liberal California by Stockton

Look at this thing though. It's slick. Supras are dime a dozen beaters.

Here's the engine need some cleaning but yeag

>5MGE
Well maybe that wouldn't be so bad, didn't know you yanks got the twin cams.

I know nothing of cars so what the owner did to the engine is entirely a mystery

And the inside needs some updates

Well the engines were made back in the early days of EFI so after 30 years they usually have some problems with their electrics - plugs deteriorate, sensors die etc... This can cause the engines to run poorly and it can be hard (expensive) to track down problems when they arise.

The 5ME (single cam) engine we get here in Australia has a pretty bad reputation as being an old lump of shit.
But the 5MGE (twin cam) engine you pictured is better, whether or not it's reliable I don't know.

Mechanically a Toyota will never break but electrically.....

I was looking at this same one on CL last night lol

every time there's a nice looking supra celica in the area it's always buttfucking automatic

which is probably why its so nice, because people never want to fucking drive it

>buttfucking automatic
no it's not

Yea I'm really want a manual car as my first I never really wanted a regular sedan or something. I wanted a unique first car

>I wanted a unique first car
Dude, all likelihood you're gonna fucking trash your first car or wrap it around a pole somehow.
Also underage b&?

No im 19 and some events got me and my dad in a tough spot financially and as far as getting a car that catches our eye this is the model and for the price not so bad

>in a tough spot financially
stay away from Supras

I was also looking at other supras as from recent years instead of the 85 like the 91, 88, and ect...

If that's the case then what would be a better car as far as something like this

this one is, yeah

but for like 2-3 months before this there weren't any manuals, only people selling supras in GREAT paint/interior/mechanical condition but they were all auto garbage

not him but how much should I expect to pay for a non-fucked celica?
There are a couple of 94s sitting around 2.5k, and another with "high" mileage at 1.6k locally