pastebin.com/D24CZBxp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

benis

bepsi

>tfw realized nfr was NuclearRoboto when he got banned
Who else /retarded/ here?

benis

When does /pol/ play?

Daily reminder that BGP is an oblivious knob, there was nothing wrong with the /mlp/ con panel because the stream is open to the public, QD is a newfag furfag, and /4ccg/ is now in VGL8

7th for life-time /m/ fan

Hey, if I wanted to try to commentate, where would I start?

Maybe the upcoming VGL?

Wish /myteam/ won the elites for once

>Maybe the upcoming VGL?
if you're not Gafnogard or Gnilretsmah sure

ELETRONIK
SUPERSONIK

That's a big Bikki.

Remember that time when the stream made the front page of Twitch? We might as well have canceled it right then because at that moment it stopped being a Veeky Forums cup.

Why isn't "Veeky Forums cup" in the thread title, does it trigger autosage?

Prepare for downcount.

Because the mods are faggots

There's a difference between something we can't control (i.e. being put on the frontpage of a streaming site) and something we can (i.e. 4cc people advertising it elsewhere).

>throw gold great horsefucker
THE GOYIM KNOW SHUT IT DOWN

and that's why they're not going to top Group F

>/vp/ put public luck

Oh we're talking about advertising now? Because your whole argument was about the viewers watching the cup, and if that's the case, no there is no difference where they came from as long as "HUR DUR NOT FROM FOWR CHAN"

>pastebin.com/D24CZBxp (embed) (embed)

>nobody laughing
>Invitationals might gonna big worry
>/r9k/ getting convention group event
>brony /f/ managers ;_;
>girls using real life, sure thing
>feel puke Veeky Forums
>pes wrong yes
>best /asp/
>whole cabal /soc/ fans
>yeah fun /co/
>past girl vs better /n/
>actual Veeky Forumsl ban
>bgp bad
>Veeky Forums trying
>need stars
>okay stop gay /lgbt/
>page pmb
>horsefucker enough
>enough long become circlejerk

>reminder vgl done believe lads
It was nice having you on main channel, VGL. Return when you accept /foe/.

>/mlp/ unironically defends attracting attention from other sites and places on purpose
And here I thought /pol/ are the biggest reddit enablers.

No, you're saying that horsefuckers having a panel at a pony convention is the same as twitch promoting our stream, which the only comparison is advertising it to non-channers. Twitch showing it to normies is out of our control, /PonyCabal/ showing it to an entire pony convention isn't.
If they truly wanted it to be for /mlp/ only, they would have done a online gathering or a meetup planned through the board like /cgl/ or /jp/ do. Instead, they grab offical panel space, left it open (and actively advertised it to) everyone at the pony con, and then tried to cover their asses by saying (at the panel, not even in the panel description) "please do not be here if you're not /mlp/". It's the flimsiest excuse in history and it doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.

>babby
>relevant

> audience outside
>pmb horsefucker

>But yes, that would technically be allright.
This is how I know you're a comfy cabal retard. You unironically think a TFA fan fic read over a game of solitaire would be relevant to the 4cc, moreso even than a discussion of the 4cc, as long as the guy playing solitaire wants attention from specifically viewers of the cup. That is the mother of all ass pulls.

>The difference is we're on Veeky Forums instead of at a pony-con.
There are exponentially more people that visit streaming sites than pony cons, so getting advertised on the front page exposes the cup to many more non-Veeky Forums people than a pony con event schedule. Plus, because of /mlp/'s popularity among horsefuckers, there is a much denser population of cup fans within the pool of con attendees than there is among the pool of people who visit Smashcast or Twitch. What that means is that the horsefuckers are doing a better job advertising their event to Veeky Forums users than the cup does of advertising itself. You're complaining about optics and ignoring substance.

>Nice try, but you missed something pal.
>>If the content is relevant but it's done for an irrelevant audience, it's bad.
>Prove that wrong, and you'll have a case.
You must have special needs, because that's the definition of a straw man. They asked non-cup fans to leave. That means, ipso facto, that it was explicitly intended for a relevant audience. By your logic, not mine, there was nothing wrong with the panel. You don't like that conclusion, but it proceeds of necessity from your own dumb fuck argument.

Pretty much this. Making panel like that on pony con makes as much sense as Veeky Forums or /co/ making 4cc panels on generic fantasy or comics convention, attracting masses of people who wouldn't even know that Veeky Forums exists. I know that /mlp/ slowly turned into one of the major hubs of MLP fandom, but most of the veteran users complain about the brony influx and former managers enabling the spread are a dagger. No wonder even actual /mlp/ users, bar PMB, were disgusted in their threads.

>actual /mlp/ users were disgusted in their threads.
You mean all two of them who got told to "go back to be salty in /4ccg/"?

Ignore that. /mlp/ is disgusted by the panel because that's the narrative. They're so disgusted that they keep asking for the recording to be posted on YouTube asap.

>/mlp/'s popularity among horsefuckers
Few of which are from Veeky Forums in the first place.

>They asked non-cup fans to leave.
Much like the 4cc stream asks non-Veeky Forums people to leave by mere virtue of being Veeky Forums.

How are we still fucking talking about this

Because it bakes my beans more than page 9 animu girls and gay ERP.

>There are exponentially more people that visit streaming sites than pony cons, so getting advertised on the front page exposes the cup to many more non-Veeky Forums people than a pony con event schedule
Except for the fact that even without attention of curious hitbox/smashcast users, we are already one of the biggest events there. Other streams have 40 - 60 viewers on average. That's sure a lot more than outside MLP fandom, isn't it? Also, main point still goes way over your head: we CAN'T stop the influx of outsiders that visit our channel randomly in any way, but we CAN stop it by not openly advertising it on events that do not have anything to do with Veeky Forums.

>They asked non-cup fans to leave
Oh boy, they sure all left, every single one of them.
By the way, I've used to help organize conventions in high school and I'm certain that no matter the topic, panel with "we will ask people with no prior knowledge to leave before it starts" would never be accepted in program, unless it's a very specific workshop for advanced. And if panel hosts would pull that off, there would be a huge shitstorm, followed by them being banned from ever hosting anything again. Do the mulpcons really have standards this low?

Do you have any better topic in mind? Sit back and enjoy horse tears

Discus

>captcha: "preschool tony"
Even then he was already a cuck.

>When your team has more stars that points.

/a/, /k/, Veeky Forums

>we CAN'T stop the influx of outsiders that visit our channel randomly in any way,
Sure you can. The things that pull in non-Veeky Forums viewers are all stream notifications/advertisements other than those posted to Veeky Forums, like subscriber notification emails, team Twitter accounts, etc. You can foil all of those things from attracting a non-Veeky Forums audience by switching up which channel the cup is hosted on regularly and only posting the stream link on Veeky Forums on matchday. Problem solved. You might argue that poses some inconvenience, but the reality is it would only take a few minutes of work and surely that inconvenience is worth it to stop the scourge of horrible, no good, very bad non-Veeky Forums people from accessing the cup, right? Take action to keep the viewer count nice and low and you can avoid all that pesky, """""problematic""""" frontpage attention.

>Oh boy, they sure all left, every single one of them.
I'll explain again, since you take the short bus to school. You are the one saying intentions are what matter. That means intentions trump consequences, again, based on your argument. You said yourself, as long as the intention is for cup viewers to watch that solitaire, then it doesn't matter who watches. It's relevant to 4cc, because the streamer intended for it to be seen by 4cc viewers. That has to mean, like it or not, that the panel was relevant. You can't have it both ways. If you don't like the conclusion of your own argument, maybe you should reevaluate your position.

Veeky Forums have three points, /trv/ are on zero though.

haha autism

>only posting the stream link on Veeky Forums on matchday
Which is literally what every board does, except for one. Take a wild guess which.

>as the intention is for cup viewers to watch that solitaire, then it doesn't matter who watches. It's relevant to 4cc, because the streamer intended for it to be seen by 4cc viewers
You took an argument and twisted it so much it looks like a tornado. Good job I guess. I would suggest having an actual argument of your own instead, however.

>You unironically think a TFA fan fic read over a game of solitaire would be relevant to the 4cc
Again, read nigga. If the content is irrelevant but it's done for the relevant audience, it's fine. If the content is relevant but it's done for an irrelevant audience, it's bad.

>The wall of useless text in the second paragraph
Again, one we can control, one we can't. It sucks that by the nature of having a larger viewer count we get promoted, but there's nothing we can do. Plus, most anyone who's coming to X streaming site isn't doing it to randomly pop into streams, they're goign there for either a person they're interested in or a game they're interested in. The only people we really run the risk of getting there is people who like watching hardcore PES >implying those exist.
On the other hand, Bronies are willing to push their way into any crevice they can find in order to spread their shit on the walls, so if they hear about something and it's related even vaguely to /mlp/, guess where they're end up?

But, in the end, besides all that, it's still stuff we can control vs stuff we can't control (or at the very least punish).

>They asked non-cup fans to leave. That means, ipso facto, that it was explicitly intended for a relevant audience.
That's irrelevant, because the panel was done in a place where /mlp/ wasn't guaranteed to be the main audience. As was stated, there's way for them to target exclusively /mlp/ even at a convention, as other boards have successfully done. Instead they advertised it to the entire brony community then just pretended that asking someone to do something meant that they would do it. They knew what they were doing.

>The only people we really run the risk of getting there is people who like watching hardcore PES
Maybe Konami will appear, realize PES is crap and make it so that it isn't crap. Basically make it FIFA.

Is NFR permabanned?

>tfw your co-manager keeps begging you for sex when you're busy testing

We don't even live near each other

>Which is literally what every board does, except for one.
Golly, I didn't know /mlp/ was the only team with a Twitter account. Thanks for informing me. You ignored the point about channel subscribers, but who's counting?

>twisted it so much it looks like a tornado
I didn't twist shit. I stated your argument back to you. I'm not the one defending off-topic content based on intentions. You are. You're in the unenviable position of trying to argue that streams of JRPGs are more relevant to the 4cc than a panel about the 4cc. That's a shitty position to be in and I sympathize, but you're putting yourself in that foxhole by choice. You can climb out any time if you just stop being retarded.

If you aren't going to spill spaghetti everywhere and have a decent mic you could try a babby match this weekend.

There is no point about channel subscribers, since that only goes out to people who have already subscribed, and therefore would only go out to people who already know of it anyway.

Also, th-
>You're in the unenviable position of trying to argue that streams of JRPGs are more relevant to the 4cc than a panel about the 4cc

Oh, he's merely pretending to be retarded. Nevermind. 4/10 for your bait, you hooked me this long.

>/r9k/ getting convention group event

not you too [r9k], unless were witnessing another school shooting

>Again, read nigga. If the content is irrelevant but it's done for the relevant audience, it's fine
It isn't a question of reading. I know what you're saying. I just don't agree. That sentence I highlighted, that shit's retarded. You're just wrong. Content is what determines relevancy. I know you don't agree, but you're wrong.

>Again, one we can control, one we can't.
Wrong again. You can control it if you want, but you choose not to.

>That's irrelevant, because the panel was done in a place where /mlp/ wasn't guaranteed to be the main audience.
I've got bad fucking news: the internet isn't a place where you can guarantee that Veeky Forums users are the only people who see the cup. You must be devastated. Guess we have to stop streaming the cup. I, for one, welcome the new era of Boris running PES matches privately and writing out the results in /4ccg/ for us to read. Welcome to the golden age of a pure audience.

Agreed. The vast majority of Hitbox/Smashcast denizens are underage slavs who are there just for their daily dose of CS, Minecraft or whatever they like. I doubt that any of them stick around 4cc for more than 10 minutes, having no idea on what the fuck is happening. Manwhile, bronies are so starved for any pony-related content, they keep swarming in hundreds every time they are reminded that /mlp/ plays a match.

Comfy does not belong on the main channel. This includes Boris and GB comfy. If the whole thing had been brought up better that probably would have been the outcome without half the shit flinging.

The panel was bad and really shouldn't have happened.

VGL on the main channel is perfectly fine and in any case VGL is probably the best way now to bring in new managers, new testers etc.

>The vast majority of Hitbox/Smashcast denizens are underage slavs
So they have a lot in common with the MLP fanbase?

>There is no point about channel subscribers, since that only goes out to people who have already subscribed, and therefore would only go out to people who already know of it anyway.
>horsefuckers bring non-Veeky Forums to cup stream
>horsefuckers subscribe
>horsefuckers keep showing up
Hmmmmmm

>he's merely pretending to be retarded
t. actual retard

>Guy in a Doom costume shoots up the panel.

>I've got bad fucking news: the internet isn't a place where you can guarantee that Veeky Forums users are the only people who see the cup.

/sp/ and /a/ have big fanbases too, how come they haven't spread the cup around on Twitter and other sites? Only /mlp/ and /pol/ seem to do that.

>I know you don't agree, but you're wrong.
Which you have been unable to prove. Why not do that instead of pussyfooting around, or can you not prove it?

>Wrong again. You can control it if you want, but you choose not to.
Wrong. Even if we change the channel every cup, the number of people who would still know to come to Veeky Forums to look for the link would cause the stream number to raise so high that it would show up on the frontpage every time. Especially once all the HorseNews/Bronycon people would come and inflate the numbers.

>I've got bad fucking news: the internet isn't a place where you can guarantee that Veeky Forums users are the only people who see the cup.
Of course, but we can minimize the damage. But, someone as all-or-nothing as yourself must be unable to understand this. What really doesn't help is turning real-life events into a place to advertise it, either.

>streams of JRPGs are more relevant to the 4cc
Streamed to people that already know about the cup.

>panel about the 4cc
Displayed to people that don't.

Basically it's playing a JRPG on Veeky Forums vs having a thread about the 4cc on reddit.

>the best way to bring in new managers and testers is through the Veeky Forums circlejerk
'no'

The damage has already been done by that point, senpai. The subscriber emails aren't doing shit that hasn't already been done.

Well /a/ is elitist to the point that it actively hates people who are obviously not from /a/ posting on /a/. Next to /jp/ they are the last team I would expect to try and get outsiders.

What are you talking about? A bunch of managers have twitter accounts and use them to talk about the cup.

I can't wait until /mlp/ buys a billboard in the middle of LA to advertise the cup, prints on it "DO NOT LOOK AT THIS BILLBOARD IF YOU'RE NOT A /mlp/ USER", then says it does less damage than comfy.

And /pol/ gets Eric Trump to tweet it.

Any 4CC shit is fine on the main channel even if it's in hostmode, whether it's some other memevitational, First Bait, 4CC Wrasslin etc.. Other memevitationals are also a way to bring in new managers who don't browse Veeky Forums outside this thread. Comfy bar for pre and post game streams to prepare and wind up cup days for main 4CC events are fine, but stuff in the offseason or midweek should probably just be on its own channel that isn't in hostmode, I don't mind if people here want to play games and stream with others in the community but it's not really 4CC related. It's not even a great introduction to the cup if all you see is someone playing a random game on trashcast who probably doesn't even browse Veeky Forums or another imageboard. This post in the last thread put it better than I could.

>Which you have been unable to prove
What am I supposed to prove, English?

relevant. adjective
1. bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent:

A panel about the 4cc "bears upon" and is "connected with" the 4cc. It is "pertinent" to the 4cc, by virtue of its content. That's just what "relevant" means. Maybe you're a non-native speaker, so I could give you a pass there.

Some people who watch capeshit also eat pizza. Some pizza companies try to make money by attracting the capeshit audience through ads. Their intention doesn't magically make pizza relevant to capeshit. One has nothing to do with the other. That's why intention doesn't matter and content does when we're talking about relevancy.

So in the case of comfy, which you're so keen to defend for mysterious and surely-not-because-you're-comfy-cabal reasons, you're trying to argue that shit like JRPGs "bear upon" and are "connected with" the 4cc, while a panel about the 4cc is not. There isn't anything for me to prove, here. You just plain don't understand what these words mean.

>Of course, but we can minimize the damage.
Which they did by asking non-cup fans and Leddit users to leave. And some did. Damage minimized.

List of people who got their start in VGL:
>/aesco/ head and Veeky Forums manager
>/mlp/ manager
>/vp/ manager
>Veeky Forums manager
>/vr/ manager
>/h/ manager
>/jp/ tester

>>A panel about the 4cc "bears upon" and is "connected with" the 4cc. It is "pertinent" to the 4cc, by virtue of its content.
If the content is relevant but it's done for an irrelevant audience, it's bad.
Ponycons are irrelevant audiences, even if there are relevant people mixed in.

>Some people who watch capeshit also eat pizza. Some pizza companies try to make money by attracting the capeshit audience through ads. Their intention doesn't magically make pizza relevant to capeshit.
Some people who browse /mlp/ go to ponycons. /mlp/ Management advertises at a ponycon. That doesn't magically make all the people at a ponycon /mlp/ browsers.

>you're trying to argue that shit like JRPGs "bear upon" and are "connected with" the 4cc, while a panel about the 4cc is not.
If the content is irrelevant but it's done for the relevant audience, it's fine
What part of that sentence says it bears upon? It's done for the correct audience without bringing in an undesirable element, and also doesn't harm the stream in any real way (especially since it also doesn't get enough viewer numbers to get on the front page).

>Which they did by asking non-cup fans and Leddit users to leave. And some did. Damage minimized.
1. Some isn't enough.
2. What would have been even more minimal is not having a panel at all (^:

didn't both current /m/ managers get their start in VGL too

>you're trying to argue that shit like JRPGs "bear upon" and are "connected with" the 4cc
They're streamed on a 4cc related channel by a 4cc related person to 4cc related people.

>a panel about the 4cc is not
It was shown during a non-4cc event to random horsefuckers, that is, non-4cc people.

>Which they did by asking non-cup fans and Leddit users to leave
DO NOT LOOK AT THIS ROBOT

Baby streamer

Probably, those were just the ones off the top of my head

>/aesco/ head and Veeky Forums manager
Veeky Forums taking credit for /aesco/'s work lmao
>/mlp/ manager
all 10s double gegen lmao
>/vp/ manager
shit
>Veeky Forums manager
real shit
>/vr/ manager
shit
>/h/ manager
shit
>/jp/ tester
one out of seven ain't bad, I guess

see: Veeky Forums manager

What robot? Why did you post a normal person?

That image swapping bug again

>Veeky Forums taking credit for /aesco/'s work lmao
Shakes literally came from /fgog/ you mong

Without Veeky Forums we would need Tony.

Lads, please stop bullying that panel apologist guy. He's only one in this thread and it's obvious you won't change his opinion anyway as he has learned about the cup from the outside. Also, the future of the /mlp/ team looks pretty grim now, with somewhat competent Darkbow being retired and SDA-level tactical insight MagicBlue in charge. They will fail to promote from Autumn and the reddit/horsenews/con audience will stop caring.

>I rate Rorona
FedoraDog.jpg

True enough. Also MagicBlue isn't too bad a guy, so maybe he'll be able to tame the herd.

/ourboy/ MagicBlue

>If the content is relevant but it's done for an irrelevant audience, it's bad.
The panel wasn't "done for" an irrelevant audience. It was physically possible for an irrelevant audience to see it, but it wasn't being "done for" those people. You've just conceded the argument. "B-but it's possible for an irrelevant audience to see the panel, so it's bad." Then the cup is bad because it's on the internet where irrelevant people can see it. Thanks for playing.

>That doesn't magically make all the people at a ponycon /mlp/ browsers.
That doesn't matter because it's the content of the panel that makes it relevant to the cup, not who potentially might see it.

>What part of that sentence says it bears upon?
Because this entire thing started with me giving an order of relevancy and you replying that comfy is more relevant than things that involve actual cup teams. This has been an argument about relevancy the whole time. You trying to shift it to "good and bad" is moving the goal posts, and even then your attempt was clumsy and retarded.

>1. Some isn't enough.
Wew lad.
>2. What would have been even more minimal is not having a panel at all
I can't believe the cup is fucking dead. Rip. Have to stop streaming it.

The more I argued with them, the better I came to know their dialectic. First they counted on the stupidity of their adversary, and then, when there was no other way out, they themselves simply played stupid. If all this didn't help, they pretended not to understand, or, if challenged, they changed the subject in a hurry, quoted platitudes which, if you accepted them, they immediately related to entirely different matters, and then, if again attacked, gave ground and pretended not to know exactly what you were talking about. Whenever you tried to attack one of these apostles, your hand closed on a jelly-like slime which divided up and poured through your fingers, but in the next moment collected again. But if you really struck one of these fellows so telling a blow that, observed by the audience, he couldn't help but agree, and if you believed that this had taken you at least one step forward, your amazement was great the next day. The Horsefucker had not the slightest recollection of the day before, he rattled off his same old nonsense as though nothing at all had happened, and, if indignantly challenged, affected amazement; he couldn't remember a thing, except that he had proved the correctness of his assertions the previous day.

>They're streamed on a 4cc related channel by a 4cc related person to 4cc related people.
Ah, so what we need to do is book time on the comfy channel to stream the panel video, then it'll be justified. Genius!

A panel on the channel would actually be fine.

I mean you would be doing it for epeen but its legitimately acceptable.

If you take some of the logic used by PMB, he will agree because is 4CC content about an official 4CC team so it belongs in the main channel.

>The panel wasn't "done for" an irrelevant audience.
Every panel at a con is done for con attendees. There's nothing at any con ever that has stopped someone coming into any given panel for any reason besides age limits at NSFW panels. They can target certain people, but they can't limit it, and by doing it at a con it's for any attendee who shows up, whether they ask some of them to leave or not.

>That doesn't matter because it's the content of the panel that makes it relevant to the cup, not who potentially might see it.
That does not disprove my argument of "irrelevant audiences are what cause something to be negative". The irrelevancy of the audience supercedes the relevancy of the panel because we are concerned with bringing unwanted audiences in, and /mlp/ have done that time and time again.

>This has been an argument about relevancy the whole time.
It really hasn't.

>The rest of it
Good to see you're not even trying to argue anymore, lad.

If they did a panel on the stream (not streaming a panel from a con, but let's say streaming from home or a private meetup), that wouldn't be a problem whatsoever. The problem there would be non /mlp/ users showing up to shitpost, but that would be their risk (and even then they could just use the Friendship Test channel for it and their fanbase to use and rebroadcast it to the main channel for shitposters to shitpost). But yeah, there'd be nothing wrong with that.

Reminder that if Lear retired PMB would be commish.

If the panel had been headed by anons instead of former team staff there'd be a lot less of a problem tbqh

Not before we installed Norml in the coup this cup needs

NFR
F
R

He is what the two of you sound like.

>it's the content of the panel that makes it relevant to the cup, not who potentially might see it
And there we go. Official statement coming from /mlp/ fan that no place is bad or wrong enough to have the cup advertised on it (but only as long as it's about boards!)

>I can't believe the cup is fucking dead
You mean that cup will die from the lack of interest if /mlp/ stops making panels about it? And that raising the viewership, no matter who will watch, is a good thing? I really wish I could understand your argumentation, but by the way you provide it, I doubt you even understand yourself.

Nomo would be no better of a commish than Lear