First car

Looking for a good first car, something sporty for under $5k. I've already looked around a bit at everything from a ford mustang to a mitsubishi 3000gt. Any suggestions Veeky Forums?

You should get a $500 beater in case you get into an accident.

read the sticky. It works on a 5k budget

Literally this.
Also, buy a Celica.

You're gonna want literally anything but a 3000gt, those are extremely unreliable cars that aren't easy or cheap to work on. Not good for a first car.

>Not OP
Wait what?
Don't say this and dash my dreams without further information...

Don't listen to anyone here kid, go buy the car of your dreams.

You mean like this?

Great advice, it will be a nice driveway weight since most definitely he doesn't know jack shit about cars and it will drink money like a russian shoemaker after payday if he wants it to run.

What a disgusting looking car, Jesus christ.

So? I'll encourage the kid to find solutions in his life and learn how to overcome obstacles
Life is about going after your dreams and overcoming the problems that come up so you grow as a person too. Fucking mileanials and your ''easy way life'' shit. No wonder you guys are always depressed. It's never about what you achieve, it's about the journey.

Mazda miata
If you take gay jokes personally you should buy a 3k civic
>reliable
>hand!e way better than they should
>enough hp to have fun, but not enough to kys
>reliable as fuck
>you can always add a turbo later if you want it to be faster than a mustang

That is not a proper way to conduct things. He doesn't have enough experience or knowledge to handle such a piece of shit. He needs to get a grasp of the basics to owning a car before he can handle a car of this caliber. This way the chance to start hating cars before even starting to make sense of them is so much fucking higher.

YOU SAID THE CAR OF SOMEONE'S DREAMS!

For a first car, consider one of the 90s VTEC Hondas. The Civic Si, Intergra GSR, and Prelude are all excellent choices for a first car. Powerful enough to feel quick, super short gearing (Prelude for example has 4.30 final drive), great shifter, and reliable as hell. They have a reputation from young stupid guys, but there is a reason they're so popular. Just make sure to get one that's completely stock, and keep it that way.

>tfw frigid slavlands
>tfw all the small, sporty nipboxes are long dead from rust and bydlo drivers
Suffering.

Sure, but limited to your budget. I am not telling you to go into depth for a fucking car, that would be retarded.

debt*

Meh, at 5k budget is not like he can buy a Ferrari. If this going to mean the difference between buying the car he wants and a fucking Twingo, he should go drive the one he likes.

80s Porsches can be had for cheap. Also rx8s, just add 2 stroke oil every once in a while

OP here to adress some shit. I appreciate the advice given so far, maybe a 3000gt isnt the right choice. I do however have some experience working on cars I have learned from my uncle, but I am not yet capable of complicated repairs.

You could probably find a decent 350Z or a G35 for about 5k